Recent content by sirballington

1. SP Native Diplomacy 4.litdum (v1.7 has been released - 28.02.2023)

Anyone knows all the file names for "get hit" and "dying" female sounds? Some of them are named in an obvious way like dying.wav, but others are not descriptive.
  2. (S) Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising mod (Old Thread)

One thing I really miss that is included in the newer Diplomacy version is color coded messages. Going back to white messages just makes it so much harder to read. Would love it if the coding doesn't involve significant and potential bug-inducing changes.
  3. Diplomacy for 1.174

Same error message, build module lav tells me py is not a recognized command, as if I didn't install python correctly, but build module works. Haven't been able to get it to work since.

All I want to do is change the relation to defect from -50 to -90 on order to slow down the rate of defection/indictment.
  4. Going from commander to warrior

YES recruit all the girl companions and only rescue peasant women! And turn them all into beefcake rambos. ALL THE BEEFCAKE RAMBOS.
  5. Going from commander to warrior

I've always played high INT/CHA just because it's more efficient being a force multiplier. Large armies that are largely immortal. Now I want to try a beefcake rambo character with high STR/AGI. I tested out a 10 Riding character and it was such a joy on a horse. I'm also going to build my...
  6. What affects relations between factions?

I noticed that Swadia and Sarranid (relations 65) has not gone to war with each other forever. Same with Rhodoks and Khergits (relations 50). I discovered that usually after two factions are at 0 for some time, they will go to war. Defense, trade, non-aggression pacts will increase the...
  7. Already won before conquering the map D:

Guess I spoke too soon. 5 factions declared war on me within a week (Khergit has casus belli since I stole their lord, they'll probably follow up next), and they've already taken two towns and three castles. Even landless enemy lords have 200-300 men. :lol:

Side question - when assigning fiefs, do you take geography into consideration? If you do, does it help at all in your experience? I try to, but given how centers change hands rather often, it's not always feasible to assign fiefs close to each other.
  8. Already won before conquering the map D:

I made myself king again, and I control the west and northwest of the map (Praven till Uxkhal till Sargoth). But I think I already won. I managed to get all the honorable lords to join me, so what's left for the enemy kingdoms are the ones who bounce around every kingdom. This means that none of...
  9. Party Unity Kingdom Policies

I'm probably missing something. I set the policy to Max Uniform, clicked Enact Policy Changes, giving me a -1 morale for every 8 faction troops. However, in my party morale report, it still says -1/3 faction troops. Not a big deal, since it's pretty rare for me to go below 90 morale.
  10. How do Swadian Supplymen work?

I hired 20 of these Elite guys, but my archers (and myself) ran out of arrows and I never saw the ammo replenish message. I never saw a message with Katrin either (wiki says she stocks up to 3 + 5 archers a minute).
  11. Massive Amounts of Nordic Raiders

I see a ton of them in my game too.
  12. Can't recruit cavalry, requires "Mount"

In your Recruitment panel, at the top it tells you how many Veterans, Peasants and Mounts are available at that center. Each cavalry unit requires 1 Mount and either 1 Veteran or 1 Peasant. If you are getting that message, it means that the center currently does not have any mounts (horses) available. Check back later.
  13. Feedback -Swadia&Nords

Also found out that Nordic archers have twice the arrows of most other archers. Sarranid Master Archers (who cannot be upgraded due to using the old Native troop) are the only other peasant-level archers with two sets of arrows. Then you start to get into the non-faction-troop morale issue.

So not only Nords have the toughest infantry, their archers have decent armor and twice the arrows, and they have cheap two-hander Raiders that deal a ton of punishment. About the only thing they're missing is cavalry, and cavalry has never been a real threat so far. And if they are, the Nords have spearmen that cover that too.

No real reason to play anything other than Nords. *shrug*

14. Feedback -Swadia&Nords

Theo H said:
    sirballington said:
    Playing as Nords have really spoiled me. Huscarls roll over everyone. I'm now playing as a Swadian vassal, and I've lost too many times, even against equal numbers. I need a new strategy, and my Men-at-arms die too easily because they like to get mobbed by infantry. Don't have land either, so veteran units are scarce, while I had 83 veterans waiting to be recruited when I was Nord. :lol:

The amount of health the elite huscarls have is staggering. though the elite version are rare in lord armies though (In hard mode at least)....only praven knights can stand up to them and if praven falls in war time and you lose access then your ****ed on harder difficulties. Elite footmen and sergeants can only hold back the nords for so long.

Its a shame the standard swadian knight was removed.
    Yeah, I'm losing a lot more often now. I tend to stick to infantry-only army. I feel like with the new AI (enemies don't just charge or make a long single-line revolving formation), cavalry requires too much micromanagement to work against bunched up infantries. It's good for commanders who stay back and give orders, but with how many troops I can kill by myself, I have to be in the thick of the action.

It's definitely a much bigger challenge than playing as Nords. I lost two cities because I'd take it, then ask for it to be rewarded to me, and in the meantime everyone comes and takes it back within a few days. 0 garrison. At least as king it autofills the garrison with a hundred or so men. Nothing great, but at least it slows them a bit.

I think the Swadian Knight was moved over to Player Faction, but yeah, regular men-at-arms are more trouble than they're worth.
  15. Feedback -Swadia&Nords

Playing as Nords have really spoiled me. Huscarls roll over everyone. I'm now playing as a Swadian vassal, and I've lost too many times, even against equal numbers. I need a new strategy, and my Men-at-arms die too easily because they like to get mobbed by infantry. Don't have land either, so veteran units are scarce, while I had 83 veterans waiting to be recruited when I was Nord. :lol:
Back
Top Bottom