Recent content by SgtTeeh

1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

cRPG has collisions on dead bodies within the Warband engine already and it makes a big difference for gameplay, should have been in Warband Native anyway, hell, it should be patched into Warband at this point. It's really awful in both multiplayer and singleplayer. In general I hope collisions will be more realistic and aiming attacks will be more of a factor. cRPG has implemented more strict teammate collisions and floor collisions and it makes the fighting feel and look a lot less gamey and careful play gets rewarded.
  2. BeNe Nation's Cup 2015! Silver! Goed gedaan boys, ALLEJOPPAAAA!!

Zonder proberen af te leiden van de discussie, ik wil mijn deelname aan deze Nations Cup stoppen. Ik dacht dat het wel leuk zou zijn om competitive Native nog eens binnen te stappen, maar ik heb niet de tijd of de wil om de benodigde tijd in de game te steken om er goed in te worden. Ik heb een hekel aan slecht zijn in dingen, dus als ik er niet hard voor kan gaan, dan beter maar helemaal niet. Daarbij heb ik het 's avonds en in het weekend vaak druk en zal ik vaak officials en trainingen moeten missen.

Verder moeten jullie dit volledig los zien van dit team en hoe het geleid wordt. Ik vond het een relaxte en verwelkomende sfeer met behulpzame mensen en heb het zeker naar mijn zin gehad. Het team lijkt zeker potentieel te hebben om het ver te schoppen. Er zit veel jeugdige trots in, maar als mensen hun best doen om zich niet te snel persoonlijk gekrenkt te voelen dan komen jullie er wel. Het beste en wellicht tot in Bannerlord.
  3. How to join the beta testing ?

It would be foolish to not utilize the very dedicated community they have for some thorough pre-release multiplayer testing.
  4. Character Builds

Haretik said:
    Brah, you'll take that back when you take a lance to the face. Nothing can stand up to a charge of Swadian Knights!
    Exactly, cavalry too easy and thus for scrubs.
  5. Character Builds

Riding is for scrubs, a real man leads the charge on foot.
  6. BeNe Nation's Cup 2015! Silver! Goed gedaan boys, ALLEJOPPAAAA!!

Oh ****, de **** is al aan? Ik dacht dat de **** pas over een paar weken aan was.
  7. BeNe Nation's Cup 2015! Silver! Goed gedaan boys, ALLEJOPPAAAA!!

Voor het geval dat men nog meer spelers wenst.

In-Game Name: Teeth
    Steam Name: sgtteeh
    Classes: Infantry, wellicht cavalry na wat oefening
    Clan(Altijd leuk om te weten): Byzantium in cRPG
    Kleine introductie over jezelf of opmerkingen of mooie foto's of youtube filmpjes die je wilt posten of een mooie selfie of weet ik veel wat:
    Hallo ik ben Teeth, ik heb sinds 2010 behoorlijk actief cRPG gespeeld en sinds die tijd relatief weinig Native meer aangeraakt, maar nu cRPG tamelijk aan het sterven is wil ik Native nog wel eens proberen in een competitieve vorm. De Nations Cup leek me een leuke manier om daar in te stappen. Ik kan me in cRPG wel tot de top rekenen, maar heb behalve een korte en niet heel succesvolle ENL excursie met Byzantium geen ervaring met competitieve matches. Ik zit echter nog ongeveer een week met een defect moederbord, maar daarna zal ik mij volledig op Native werpen en ik denk dat ik wel een capabele infantry of eventueel cavalry speler kan zijn. Ik heb wel een karige laptop dus als mijn aanwezigheid vereist is of jullie willen zien wat ik kan, dan kan dat wel, alleen met wat minder fps.
  8. Melee: Battlegrounds Kickstarter (by cRPG devs) - UPDATED THREAD!

Well, they gathered 43k on a mere promise from the cRPG community within like two weeks at the start of 2012. There were still some people that missed the limited time this original investment option was open and they were pretty vocal about it. I guess they kinda expected a bigger initial bump from the cRPG community, which would have put the funding on a much more promising track. I did too but it is easy to forget that cRPG was about twice as active in 2012.

I still think there are huge groups that could be interested that haven't really been reached, but it is pretty tough to gain exposure in a good way and Kickstarter is in a huge slump as far as games by unknown indie developers go. Aside from that I think they might have fired a little early, with lots of the core gameplay being very work in progress. Chivalry looked like a pretty far along game when its Kickstarter started. To appeal to those already familiar with the genre, it is critical to demonstrate why this gameplay is as good or better than other Medieval action games.

Well, in any case, they got their name out there even if the Kickstarter fails. This game will be finished without a doubt at some point, perhaps if they can re-Kickstarter with a more far along product, they'll fare better in the future. Hoping for a miracle still though, I know these guys are making sacrifices to work on this.
  9. Melee: Battlegrounds Kickstarter (by cRPG devs) - UPDATED THREAD!

Tybalt_ said:
    It's been like that for years, ASAP my ass
    Well, I am pretty sure not being able to register on the forum without a cRPG account was intended up until 6 days a go.
  10. Melee: Battlegrounds Kickstarter (by cRPG devs) - UPDATED THREAD!

Slev said:
    I feel like the combat as it stands looks like the sluggish, War of the Roses combat and less fast and fluid like MB.
    One does not simply build a good combat system in a day. Mount & Blade took ages before it reached the quality of Warband's system now. It requires tweaking, tweaking and more tweaking. The current combat system is obviously basic but playable, I have played it and I assure you it beats War of the Roses already. However, the last half year they have mostly worked on the engine and creating a game that is in its entirety somewhat visually passable for the Kickstarter. They now have the groundwork for the entire game half finished, with nothing having received any of the polish of the tweaking that they will have the opportunity to do before a release in late 2015. According to chadz they are going to fully focus on making the combat good and go way past 'playable' in the next 3-5 months for an alpha release.

Just wanted to make the point as I suspect many in this community will immediately draw a comparison to the quality of the combat in Warband, while you should keep in mind that this game is just past its infancy, which is why it needs the Kickstarter in the first place.
  11. MP Native [WB] cRPG 0.4

No, but average player numbers have been dwindling at a slow rate for two years now, as has probably happened for the entire Warband scene. cRPG offers very interesting Medieval pub gameplay and with this patch you can compete pretty much instantly, so can only recommend giving it a shot to anyone who wants to play Warband multiplayer in a more interesting manner than Native pub.
  12. Chests in Ukxhal Ruins *Do not enter if you wan't to seek them out*

Immediately when I spawned on the location I saw the white glowy patch, and it's the first place I went to.
  13. Suggestions

Having played with a Board Shield now, it seems that shields can counter firearms. It covers pretty much the entire body and I haven't been shot while I had my shield up once. It breaks in about 4-5  arquebuse shots though, but with 10 vs 10 that isn't even a big problem. I even blocked a cannon grape shot with it once.
  14. Suggestions

Incoming superhuge wall of text.

Having played about 5 hours so far with a variety of builds, there are some balance issues I have come accross. Now this is with the mindset of someone who thinks a variety of fun playstyles should be possible and every playstyle should be somewhat counterable. I am not sure how that compares to the 'more realism' mentality I have come accross so far, but currently having a gun and a 2h is by far the easiest way to compete. My ingame name has been Franzibald by the way.

Guns
    - Guns are too accurate, people are having sniping battles at 80 meters distance, early 16th century guns did not have this accuracy, not even close. Seriously, you are so far from the mark with the current gun accuracy. Now if you're all up in the historical realism of things, you should know about the low number of firearms in early 16th century armies and their accuracy compared to bows and crossbows, the dangers to the user and the high cost of the weapons. Honestly, if a gun is used without heavy skill point investment in both proficiency and powerload, there should probably be a chance for it to blow up in your face. This level of accuracy also makes classes without a gun fairly unviable, from a gameplay perspective. There is very little reason to not take a gun, which does not reflect this time period correctly.

- Guns deal too much damage. Arquebuses have one shot me at all occassions I believe, pistols quite often too. I think you should differentiate between limb shots and body shots. Getting a lead bullet in the leg should deal much lower damage and be doable to survive, at least for a while, hence soldiers eventually using breastplates only as armour. More importantly though, arquebuses didn't have very high muzzle velocity and the round projectiles lost a lot of damage at range, which I currently don't see reflected in the mod either. Now as upkeep is fairly rough so far, I don't know how they interact with heavy armour, but with a damage value of 99 blunt I can imagine they tear straight through it.

Two-handed
    - 2h swords are way too fast while dealing comparatively good damage. Once again, perhaps when upkeep is tweaked, the higher damage 80 speed polearms might be able to hold a candle to the 98 speed Estoc, but currently the faster 2h weapons are very OP. Still, even if people wear armour, the 2h swords have good pierce stabs. That is without mentioning the 1h weapons, which are around 90 speed with terrible damage values. Now, realistically 2h swords are fast, but they arent 5-10 speed rating faster than 1h swords or properly balanced polearms like spears or hafted blades. Currently the amazing 2h animations combined with amazing stats means that 2h weapons can blatantly spam most other weapons, even with no wpf. I have a character that has a shield, but not for a moment did I consider taking anything else than a bastard sword. The speed differences are simply too large.

Shields
    - Shields are not at all a viable counter to guns. I was told a steel shield could reliably block bullets, so I specced a character with 5 resistance. Everytime it takes a bullet the icon shows a little crack. Which means that about 4-5 bullets will most likely break it, which isn't a lot if you are talking a 12 vs 12 battle, let alone more if this mod takes off. Worse than that though, the coverage of the steel shield is absolutely terrible, and I have been shot past or below my shield a few times. Which makes it rather pointless as you can't get close to an arquebusier because your legs become a huge target. There should be better coverage on your shield, otherwise guns will have no counter. Going to try a Board Shield later, but I expect it to break very quickly. Cav is obviously not the counter with this level of damage and accuracy and the inherent weaknesses of early guns aren't represented either. Aside from that playing a shielder is rather gimped through the complete terribadness of 1h weapons. Rodeleros were used to some effect in the era, so they were probably historically a little more effective than currently ingame.

Sprint
    - Sprint is gamebreakingly fast, though I hope you are already aware of this too. I like the functionality and the impact it has on combat, but the top speed is past Usain Bolt levels and the acceleration is near instant. It completely breaks cavalry, as doing any turns or slowdowns near any players that have sprint will result in getting hit, and it is a source for easy kills for those who abuse it. While humans can accelerate quickly and run quite fast, you gotta imagine you are carrying **** in your hands and wearing armour. Also, not everyone is Usain Bolt. Lower the top speed significantly and reduce the acceleration so it takes about 4 seconds to reach top speed. Otherwise I think it adds some flavour to combat. Sprint is so far the only good counter to guns it seems, though only when there is only one.

Upkeep
    - Upkeep is way too rough, though I believe you are aware of this. The era of warfare you are dealing with had fairly organized and well equipped armies and mercenaries, with plate armour being the norm. Plate armour stopped dead on hit gunshots reliably at long distance, and could deal with poorly angled ones up close. In all cases damage was neglible or significantly reduced. Heavy armour should probably be the norm. Currently I don't think I can get much more heavy gear than like 1000 total cost. Some decent half plate costs 2000 and that is without any weapons. With heavier armour all the specialized tincan openers like bills, hammers and poleaxes would start to play a role.

Skills
    - So far I have found the impact of most skills fairly insignificant. Having 6 athlethics does not seem to make me very fast, nor does 0 powerstrike make me seem very weak. Having 0 wpf seems very viable and I don't feel super fast with 140. I think this is good in one way, it keeps builds realistically comparable, as humans won't hit twice as hard or run twice as fast as other humans, but it also seems to allow a very high degree of specialization without getting punished for completely ignoring other parts of your build.

Low visibility gameplay
    - Night is too dark, dark to the point that there is no point in playing during real life daytime if it is night ingame, at least for me. If cRPG has taught me one thing, it is that low visibility play, be it fog or night, is just not really fun in the eyes of anyone.

So the bottomline is, guns and 2h are overpowered to the point there is hardly any other way too play, even though I have tried very hard to find it. This is bad from both a realistic and a good gameplay perspective. Perhaps reduced upkeep will have some changes on this balance of classes, but I suspect direct balancing is required.

Apart from all that I think you got off to a good early start. You guys pulled a lot of other mods into this and it provides quite a nice experience altogether. As a huge fan of the time period I hope to see more items for it soon and I will definitely play it now and then. The grind is quite easy, you get money for gear quickly if you go cheap and you can use as much builds as you can. Also low level or low skill investment builds are quite effective at killing stuff anyway, so you can compete fairly quickly. I do dig the powerload skill and misfires as a way to balance agi build arquebusiers, that is quite cleverly done. You got some pretty cool looking maps, although many are oversized for the current playerbase. I love the visual mods, lightning is epic. XP and gold seems to depend fairly heavily on performance which is great. I wish you the best of luck in getting through the early stages and I hope you can gather some players.
  15. Technical Issues, Bug Reports

_Sebastian_ said:
    Make sure you close Warband and other running instances of the BoE Launcher(not the one which is doing an update ofc) while updating the mod.
    Already tried this, I had Warband running the first time I tried it, when it said something was in use I closed it and checked for any processes running that could possibly cause that. It didn't help though. Just did a computer restart and then tried it, didn't not work either.

Edit: I originally grabbed the launcher from the Moddb page, which is apparently outdated or something. Grabbing the one from the download thread on this forum seems to have fixed my previous issue.
Back
Top Bottom