Recent content by Sg15fan

1. About a Future TW game.

Game is sitting at 90% recent positive ratings on steam (88% overall). Millions of copies sold.

Currently has consistently higher player count then;
    1. Rimworld
    2. Valheim
    3. Deep Rock Galactic
    4. Crusader Kings III
    5. Total War Warhammer III
    6. Project Zomboid
    7. Age of Empires IV
    8. Factorio
    Ok. What does that have to do with people who wont buy another taleworlds game?
  2. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

The cost of buying a workshop can be easily recouped if you exploit the system right, so I'd say the better solution would be to make them more profitable at a baseline so that you don't have to be somebody invested in the trading game to make them useful. If you can save up ~50,000, you can buy one workshop and get to shutting down the rest of them to maximize that one (to 3? Not sure what the sweet spot is) in profit. Tournaments are a great way to make fast cash in the early game and once you have the ball rolling the cost of converting other workshops becomes trivial. You could just lay flat and do nothing and make plenty of money (as long as you keep party expenses low. Probably best to limit yourself at ~300 silvers per day in party expenses).

There's also design inconsistencies like Workshops and stuff produced by them that you can pick up and sell abroad via the Warehouse not contributing to your Trade Skill XP despite it being directly intertwined with Trade as a game mode.

My guess is that the trade side of the game may have been the passion of a couple developers but not the majority so it's overlooked compared to the conventional gameplay loop of fighting battles to earn wealth and power. Ideally, becoming a monopolist should have the same effect in granting wealth as being a very successful mercenary since they're almost mutually exclusive play styles since becoming the enemy of even one faction can jeopardize your trade routes (especially NPC-led caravans you own) and any Workshops you own in a faction that declares war on the one you're fighting for would be stolen from you as well.

It used to be kinda OP in Warband to the point where I pretty much endeavored to buy as many Velvet Dyeworks as I could so that I'd be rich enough to casually start a kingdom with loads of elite troops ASAP.
    Shutting down the rest? How?
  3. Patch Notes v1.1.6

Console gamers really need cheats this bad?
    PC gamers really need mods?
  4. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

They might be working on a DLC or something, or they can't be so slow, almost doing nothing. However there is a tiny possibility that TW sacked most of the employees since several of them have left the forum.
    The only thing they need to be working on is finishing this damn update. No point in dlc or working towards another game, as I dont think theyll find the community willing to fund their shenanigans again. They built this game off of patience, goodwill, and monetary support from the community but theyve destroyed all that.
  5. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

with the beta test on the steam page, can we get a confirmation that there will be a new beta branch before it goes live. A lot of valued console people are wondering since they have been waiting nearly 5 months
    Nearly 6 months, fless. June 23 is when they announced 1.2, were coming up on half a year for what should be a simple update. Total ineptitude at taleworlds.
  6. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Ok, I get where you're coming from. And believe me, I'm also not happy with the 1.2.x development-process.

But if you want a more definitive answer: Dejan refered to the Community Tales #4 from the 25. november, where they talke about "a release in the next few weeks". "Few weeks" of course is open to interpretation, but 3 weeks doesn't sound bad, does it?
    So I'd say, until 16. december you have an answer with a set goal, and if they haven't delivered until then, go berserk and I won't stand between you and the devs. :party:
    Who are you to think you need stand between us and the devs NOW?
  7. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Who you are offering is always your choice. What you can get in return is theirs.
    Are you intentionally being obtuse? What they're saying is YOU SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE THE SPOUSE FROM THE CLAN LEADER, not just have the option to marry their oldest single woman. This is an extremely stupid aspect of the game that a clan can have multiple young, single women but our only option is the oldest(especially when that includes senior citizens).

It also makes no sense for my newly of age heir to be getting offers to marry old women. They should at least make incoming offers match more closely to the age of your child.
  8. About a Future TW game.

I don't think TaleWorlds understands what they did to their original fanbase, they have surely attracted new players but it's impressive how easily they've soured so many diehard old fans.
    I'm one of the new players and I can tell you in the 6 months I've had to learn about this company, I wont be buying anything else from them.
  9. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Decided to dive back in a few hours since release to test state of game. Whatever changes were made to blocking are tuned way too much or bugged; or at least the difference between a T1 doing it vs a T6 is negligible.
    Tournaments, the only difficulty this patch added is testing the player's patience; it's not meaningful winning. It's just adding another 5 minutes and that amount of mouse-clicking to the same fight mechanic.

What exactly is being tweaked that's making them 'smarter' (besides it sounding akin to just adding 'quantum' in scifi films)? And is there any way a player can overcome or puzzle out to make them feel 'skilled' in game?

1v1s, good couple minutes of me and T6 troop just exchanging swing/blocks ad nauseum. Seemed completely random if/when a attack did finally manage to get through after the 30th swing, before having to do another 20/30/40+ exchanges to land the next; no way to figure out what caused it. This applies to lower tiers as well.
    Only way to speed that up is adding kicks or using the walls to cheese the AI; that can't be the intended design. We might as well just have them not block and just give them 100k hp 'difficulty'.

Spear on horseback vs 2 remaining units on foot, another ridiculously tedious fight that requires cheesing the AI to beat or just simply trampling them to death; again that can't be the intended design.
    Some of the issues I see being brought up with 1.2.5, as a console player, are kind of disheartening. The eternally blocking ai and crashing in battle are potentially game breaking, and happening this far into beta too. I would love to be a fly on the wall at tw right now.
  10. Why less and less updates for the past 3 months?

Still more than a week left. They said in Nov. As long as they deliver before 12:00 am on Dec 1, they will have kept their word.
    😂😂😂😂
  11. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

that's weird as a Dev specifically told me, " We don't give eta's as the community would take them as a deadline"
    didnt you make a video covering it when they stated here on the forums 5 or 6 weeks ago that it's going live in november?
  12. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I don't understand this comment nor similar ones. If Amazon tells you they will deliver by Friday, do you email them Thursday asking if you will actually get your delivery like you were told and ask them if it was instead a lie? This doesn't make any sense. They told us end of November. I don't see a reason why you need to use this kind of tone. It's only the 20th. There is a week and a half left in Nov.
    If I've waited 5 months for the package, yes, I'm gonna be making sure they still plan to deliver when they put a EOT on it.
  13. Getting Ready for 1.2 update

I think a balance should be struck. Obviously we will all be happy if we get great content and it's OK if it takes some time. But of course there is a limit. But I trust them. If they said Nov, then I trust it will be Nov.
    I dont trust them. Theyve kept the 1.2 video up on yt for 5 months even though it's been pointed out by multiple people that the video is not clear about the update not being on console. Go through the comments on that video and its a ton of console users who just bought the game asking why they cant access cheats. Theyve done nothing to earn my trust. But to be fair to your point, theres 10 days left for them to hold to their word.
  14. Getting Ready for 1.2 update

Keep up the good work, no matter what people say i can feel that you guys are passionate about Bannerlord. It does not matter how long it takes as long you deliver what is promised i am fine with that. Grtz Vaan.
    Speak for yourself. Most folks would prefer to get this update before the second coming.
  15. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Month isnt even over yet
    Theres 10 days left for them to release another beta branch AND release full update to live. It ain't coming this month.
Back
Top Bottom