Recent content by reallybigjohnson

1. reallybigjohnson

Suggestions

SmurfInHell said:
    reallybigjohnson said:
    Just a quick question.  Does this include the Diplomacy mod and if not at some point will it be included.  I have found the auto item management and equipping parts of the mod to be invaluable.  Thanks for making this mod it really looks like alot of fun.

Guspav has tried implementing diplomacy on a couple occasions, but everytime the code seems to become messy and not work properly. I'm not sure about all the specific details, but I hope guspav will release more information on if diplomacy would be possible. I would find it especially useful considering I just started a kingdom on my Chaplain.

Yeah, I hope that it does get figured out.  I can live without most of it but the auto-equip functions are simply essential when you start getting more than a couple of companions.  Without it I am sitting there comparing looted items or items in the shop trying to remember what my followers were wearing (the menu only shows what your character has equipped not followers)  and it just becomes a pain in the ass.  Its alot nicer to let them pick their own gear.

Prophesy of Pendor managed to incorporate that into their mod albeit slightly differently than in vanilla Diplomacy.  Perhaps he could look into that.  :smile:
  2. reallybigjohnson

Suggestions

Just a quick question.  Does this include the Diplomacy mod and if not at some point will it be included.  I have found the auto item management and equipping parts of the mod to be invaluable.  Thanks for making this mod it really looks like alot of fun.
  3. reallybigjohnson

angry wife

Well at this point I can only suggest seeking couples counseling or talking to a divorce lawyer.  :grin:
  4. reallybigjohnson

Diplomacy Compilation 4.1 (Download + Battle Time Campaign) [4-9-13]

I don't know when they patched it but now its at 1.154 right now so WSE doesn't work.  :sad:  I am beginning to think that they are just waiting for stuff to get updated and then just throw out a patch to screw with everyone.

edit:NM..........I just grabbed 53 from Taleworlds official page.
  5. reallybigjohnson

Looks like Diplomacy was updated to work with the new version.  :smile:
  6. reallybigjohnson

Caba`drin said:
    reallybigjohnson said:
    Windyplains said:
    The version of PBOD installed in this mod is prior to the implementation of features that required WSE.

OMFG!  LOL  You mean I could have been playing this without WSE this whole time.  I am so pissed off.  LOL  *facepalm*
    WSE is required for BattleTime.

Yeah I remember someone posting about that awhile back which I don't use anyways.  I just thought that PBOD also needed it because the standalone mod said it needed it.  At least I can start playing again as I was seriously getting withdrawal.
  7. reallybigjohnson

Windyplains said:
    The version of PBOD installed in this mod is prior to the implementation of features that required WSE.

OMFG!  LOL  You mean I could have been playing this without WSE this whole time.  I am so pissed off.  LOL  *facepalm*
  8. reallybigjohnson

Wulfric said:
    reallybigjohnson said:
    WSE hasn't been updated for 153 yet.

I have 1.153 and I don't use WSE while playing, and It works fine. The only thing you can't do without WSE is setting up a multiplayer battle, except that, It works fine.

I thought WSE was necessary for the PBOD part of the mod and some of the AI changes from Mount and Pike?
  9. reallybigjohnson

WSE hasn't been updated for 153 yet.
  10. reallybigjohnson

Version 1.152 Compatibility?

I really really miss Diplomacy for one reason above all the others.  I forgot how tedious managing equipment with multiple followers was without Diplomacy.  :sad:
  11. reallybigjohnson

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

If people need to get a mounted combat rush while we wait for WSE, they just released a beta patch for Skyrim with mounted combat in it.  :smile:  I can only watch videos about it right now because, as with this game I use a script extender called SKSE that also has to be updated, but it looks somewhat similar to Warband although a bit less fluid.  Actually I might just disable the mods that use it for now to try it out. 

I think the constant references of Warband on their forums when it came to mounted combat finally got their attention. :smile:

edit:  Bah!...........I am glad they finally put mounted combat in but it feels kind of clunky compared to Warband and npcs don't use it yet.  Hopefully the modders can address that.
  12. reallybigjohnson

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

You can now try out the horse combat in Skyrim if anyone is getting the itch.  :smile:  Unfortunately,  I will have to wait a couple hours for them to update SKSE since I use several mods that require it.  :sad:
  13. reallybigjohnson

winrehs007 said:
    Has anyone really tried this mod?

I have and by far it is my current favorite mod.    It adds just enough to make the game look and play better but doesn't go overboard by adding stuff from every random mod out there.  You get some new weapons, armor and horses but they are balanced and better graphics and of course the inclusion of PBOD and Diplomacy are essential in my mind. 
  14. reallybigjohnson

TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Xeridium said:
    One aspect of the game that continues to frustrate me is the process of recruiting lords to your cause. Both during claimant quests and as ruler of my own faction. There are many cases where I am unable to sway them to my side even with 10 persuasion skill and 50+ relations. It would be substantially helpful to me if someone could reveal the variables to a lords calculations on whether to join me or not and even better If I were able to tweak them.

I'm reasonably sure that the following variables come into play during this process. Modifying the weight these statistics have in the lords final decision would be a great place to start for a tweak:
    • Character Renown / Controversy / Honor
    • Character Persuasion Skill
    • Relation with the Lord
    • Lord's Relation to his Current Leige
    • A Player Chosen Argument (Rightful King, Reward you with lands, etc.)

There are other aspects to this process, such as the amount of time a lord remains "tired of talking politics" after an unsuccessful conversion attempt or even a baseline relationship with liege before he'll even consider addressing the issue. I realize that lord conversion may not be an issue for everyone and might have something to do with the mods I play (Currently the Floris modpack 2.5) or other conditions I am unaware of. It would be helpful if someone could bring their experience with this game mechanic to my attention either way.

Thanks for reading; I made an account on this forum just to make this post, but I've been using TweakMB for well over a year now. Its an outstanding tool that enhances the game in a number of great ways. I hope my suggestion will help make it even better.

Also: Forgive me if this topic was brought up already. I searched the thread for relevant keywords, but I was unable to find anything.

I was under the impression that by default some lords will never defect, ever.    I have never played a game where a king with with no fiefs and just standing around doing nothing lost all of his lords until he his kingdom was officially defeated.    This actually makes sense since at least some of the lords would rather die defending their liege than lose honor by defecting.

That being said there have been some rare occasion using the Diplomacy mod where you can try and recruit lords with a messenger and a fief that wouldn't normally join me just by talking to them.  It happened very rarely and I had to offer a town, not just a village.
  15. reallybigjohnson

Favorite Weapon Type. (Cast your vote here!)

I prefer onehanded axes and shield but to be honest I get the most kills with archery during sieges and the long awlpike on field battles.
Back
Top Bottom