Recent content by RavenHawk88

1. RavenHawk88

Was it a good idea?

tarakan said:
    Klaas said:
    tarakan said:
    just smashing buttons like a zombie.

Is that what you did in Warband then?
    By playing WFaS people will know where were Reval and Dorpat (nowadays known as Tallinn and Tartu). The very distinctive shape of the north-western part of the map will make people recognize this place. As this is a tiny country in eastern Europe that nobody wants to hear about, every bit of attention counts.

If it's geography you want to learn, play some of the Total War games. Because it's on a grander scale, you can see where places are in relation to others and are thus easier to find them on a real map. All of this with historical background worked in.

Tbh, I think it was a bad idea. M&B games are considered to be a sandbox style of game. WFAS introduced restrictions. Nothing more.
  2. RavenHawk88

Ideas For Fire and Sword

Voice acting is pretty much the least that this game needs. There is not nearly enough dialogue to make it worth while.
  3. RavenHawk88

The most unforgiving game?

Proteus said:
    In this game it is a rather wise move, to lead your troops from behind,
    concentrating on directing your troops and only take the occasional potshot at targets
    (well, at least till you have armor that can stand more than a single hit :wink: )

Which is slightly boring... if I want to be the armchair general, I'll play Total War games.

The most fun parts of the M&B games (for me) is being in the heat of the battle, because they're some of the few games that actually let you do this.
  4. RavenHawk88

Disappointed by hand crafted weapons and armour

What bothered me most about the hand crafted gear was that I had no idea what it would look like. An image to go with it would have been nice... or.. since it's hand crafted, maybe give the player a palette of things to look at, including color schemes, etc. being hand crafted, it should be to customer specifications... would be a cool feature I think.
  5. RavenHawk88

This is what a changelog should look like...

Well. I don't know about you, but 'Various other bug fixes' doesn't tell me a whole lot. I wouldn't even know what to look for.
  6. RavenHawk88

I'm getting real sick of MB: WF&S

Lol!

Not asking much, are they?

On the bright side - if you DID give them that much money, they'd be sitting ducks because there's no possible way they'd be able to move it all.
  7. RavenHawk88

New Death Animations

DrTomas said:
    Glad you like our mod.

There are no plans at the moment to include new animations.
    You can always turn on unlimited corpses in the options window of warband.

Sadly, this option was removed :sad:

Thanks for the reply anyways :wink:
  8. RavenHawk88

New Death Animations

Hey all, first off let me just say what an awesome mod this is. Now, on to what I actually wanted to say - are there plans to include new death animations in this mod? Some mods, such as 'Knights the Last Battle' just to name one, have different animations for when people are killed and I...
  9. RavenHawk88

I Think My New Sword Has Been Bunted

Yep... unless you manage to shoot them in the face (I say in the face because I've shot an armored guy three times with a musket and he still lived long enough to kill me), the armored guy will steamroll you.

Damage reduction... fine. But completely bouncing off... nah, that's unbalanced.
  10. RavenHawk88

Great mod!

Indeed, great mod.

Pity I didn't stumble across this one sooner.

It's got the right look, feel and basically everything I was looking for. VERY well done.

After playing WFAS for a while and damn near falling asleep on more than one occasion, it's refreshing to get into a mod that is actually hard to put down.

I was blown away by the scale of the world map, but when I had the option to ask my liege for time off to go on the crusades... I just died and went to heaven.
  11. RavenHawk88

Is this game even worth 15$?

I got it mostly because I've never been let down by a M&B game before and I knew there'd be tons of mods coming for it.

Some features I really like. Others I really don't. MAYBE the mods (mods for a mod *shrug*) can make this one worth my while. But until then, I am going back to Warband.

But on its own... well, WFAS is the first time I got bored from playing a M&B game, compared to not being able to stop playing the others. I tried very hard to like it, but something is just out of place.
  12. RavenHawk88

Putting M&B games on conceals

Doubt it would have as much longevity on consoles.

Especially since you can't mod games on consoles. At least not easily.

And since I am still convinced that PCs are by far the superior gaming platform... power to PC only games!
  13. RavenHawk88

[Fixed - I hope] 150 corpses not really 150...

I'm curious though. Is this just me or are others experiencing similar issues? Or am I just one of the few who pays attention to this...?

Anyway... had my corpses set to 150, and after a battle with only 93 combatants, I counted 19 corpses from the approx 50 that should have been there. It's a silly thing, really, but this is killing a lot of the enjoyment I used to get from this game.
  14. RavenHawk88

[Fixed - I hope] 150 corpses not really 150...

So, I've pretty much given up on the unlimited corpses being brought back, but I would at the very least like for the maximum option of 150 to actually BE 150. I've been playing some warband again lately and noticed that corpses will disappear even when the entire battle does not amount to 150...
  15. RavenHawk88

What M&B With fire & sword needs[Poll]

I don't know if any of the above options will really do anything for the game..

In my opinion (and mind that it is just mine, perhaps shared by others) something feels out of place in this installment of the M&B games.

I actually found it to be surprisingly easy to become bored with the game, which is not a problem I ever remember encountering in the original M&B or Warband.

M&B never needed storylines to be fun for most people, and they are poorly implemented in WFAS. Although I will admit that the scenarios such as the prison escape are fun and refreshing, there are too few of these and usually come without warning.
Back
Top Bottom