Recent content by Rannen

1. Can't find Murderer

The quest for finding a Nervous Man in Tshibtin is definitely bugged, mine spawned off the far corner of the map... I can just barely see him, and shooting at him does nothing until I can speak to him (which I can't since he's outside the playable area).  He always seems to spawn in that same spot, too... basically the only thing you can do is not take the quest in the first place, but at this point you'll just have to take a rep hit with whatever lord asked you to kill him.  Good news is, I've only noticed this bug in the town of Tshibtin.  All the others I've hunted Nervous Men in seem to work fine.
  2. Need quest help: Spoilers !!!

Ditto.  The quest for finding a Nervous Man in Tshibtin is definitely bugged, mine spawned off the far corner of the map... I can just barely see him, and shooting at him does nothing until I can speak to him (which I can't since he's outside the playable area).
  3. Mount and Blade is WAAAAAAAAY better than oblivion

I think the main thing with Oblivion was that it sucked when compared with Morrowind, which had more stuff to do around the game world by several orders of magnitude and a better main story line.  After playing such a magnificent game, it was dissappointing that Oblivion seemed so small by comparison (content-wise).  The loot/monster levelling in Oblivion was definitely a big problem not present in Morrowind, and the combat made no real improvement between the two games... in fact I rather liked creating machine-gun style enchanted items in Morrowind, despite the fact that the path of enchanting eventually made it so that nothing could beat you unless they turned your own attack back on you (like those pesky golden saints did when you carelessly struck with your 'nuke-everything-in-a-50-yard-radius enchanted ebony staff).

It's not that Oblivion's bad... it just pales by comparison.  To Morrowind.  (off topic?)
  4. Was Pathfinding Unbalanced at 3%?

A 'March or Die' policy works fine as well.  I suppose it's more a question of motivation rather than just simply morale, but high morale would make for a strong motivation to march and fight hard if you're not the type of leader who enjoys horse-whipping your men every few hours.  If you DO enjoy horse-whipping your guys... heh, more power to you.
  5. Was Pathfinding Unbalanced at 3%?

I disagree that the effect of morale ought to be 'marginal' as compared with other factors, especially where infantry are concerned.  If you've ever entered any sort of long distance run, you'll know that state of mind is basically the only thing that keeps you running strong rather than face down in the dirt.  That and gatorade.  Anyhow, morale seems fine as is IMO.
  6. Was Pathfinding Unbalanced at 3%?

The nerf to 2% slows the pace of the game and adds just that much more time you need to spend chasing/running from enemies rather than actually having fun for any type of build you can name.  I'm for reinstating 3% at the very least, and wouldn't be opposed to upgrading it further.

Off topic, it makes no sense to compare WoW and M&B... they're so radically different that the only title that fits both of them is the super general term 'RPG.'  If you wanna ***** about hype games that don't stack up, ***** about Oblivion or Gothic3.  (I was SO dissappointed with Gothic3...)
  7. Village Matriarch? Nervous Woman?

It might be more realistic for 'Nervous Women' to appear in Khergit Territories.  The mongols allowed women to lead hunting parties on occasion, which would imply skill with a bow.  Who's to say they couldn't use that talent to become bandits, or even ruthless bandit lords?
  8. Arrow graphics.

The only thing I ever learned about the bow and arrow is not to aim directly down or directly up...
  9. Leadership needs a bit of a buff.

Leadership's certainly no uber skill... renown works just as well or better for increasing party size.  Usually I don't have leadership any higher than 3.
  10. M&B Video Thread (Examples on front page!)

From what I saw his archery's actually pretty bad (player skill, not char stats) cause he must have missed like half his shots!  I also noticed that he almost let the badies sneak behind him at a couple spots during the melee... my guess is he'd be in trouble without athletics 20 and Weapon Skill 999.
  11. M&B Video Thread (Examples on front page!)

Profound and touching.  A superbly crafted atmosphere that cannot fail to draw out the emotion of the viewer.
  12. Nord Strategy tips

Rolf can suck pretty hardcore if he starts with low riding skill, cause he's only ever gonna see 1 level up for as long as you play.  On the other hand, all the the others can learn to use all that nice heavy equipment pretty quickly anyway and it's not too hard to get them all to the point where they can use heavy chargers as well.
  13. M&B Video Thread (Examples on front page!)

Seems like everyone hates Oblivion just because it's not as good as Morrowind or Daggerfall... and just because it had loads more resources poured into it... and just because all the characters/quests seem one dimensional... and just because you can get a hero with 100 in everything without trying too hard... and (ect, ect.)
  14. M&B Video Thread (Examples on front page!)

Most of the beggining is boring, but the drink names and ending were hilarious.  I also smirked a bit when he reffered to the guys around Zendar as being stoned, and the camera panned to prove his point.
  15. M&B Video Thread (Examples on front page!)

The Tripartion - The Dragon awakes

I was very surprised and pleased when I saw the opening of this movie.  My first thought was... "HELLS YA!!!  The 12 Kingdoms opening theme!  BEST anime ever!"  ...ya, totally unrelated, but seriously I love that series.  It makes me sad that not too many people have heard of it, cause it's way better than most of the hyped up animes.
Back
Top Bottom