Recent content by PyreBaron

1. PyreBaron

AGE of CHANGE II :We are RECRUITING - CREATIVE WRITERS WANTED!

I can write (Somewhat) and can invest some of my spare time in this if you want.
  2. PyreBaron

Just another Twitch Streamer

Starting up again!
  3. PyreBaron

I prefer the single player. It's more adventurous!
  4. PyreBaron

Just mild cursing or the like, I'm still trying to stream......

GOT IT UP!
  5. PyreBaron

http://www.twitch.tv/pyrebaron Title says it all. Join if you want, I'm starting over with Floris Mod Pack. Hope to see you in here!
  6. PyreBaron

AAR: I fight for the lost.

Chapter 2: Bandits, and a whole lot of booze.

Day 3
    You know those stories your parents used to tell you to get you to sleep? About he knight rescuing the demsel? It's bull. You never find the perfect person to be with. And the knight is ussualy a pompus prick with well....one that is up their....ummm....YOU GET MY POINT!The fact is i'm never going to find some way to get my life back. I'm a wanted man and thats that. Of course thats the cinic in me... or the cinic that is me, talking. I'm drunk and talking to a damned book. Horay for redundancy!

God i'm a wreck. I mean what is it that makes booze so good yet so...bad for you? It makes you want to do stupid things. Like hit ona  person you thought was a woman but was really a hulking man with a metal fist.Not  really a metal fist but you get the point. All i'm saying is wiskey and ale are good for you. Just not in large amounts. Took Ymira about a half hour to slap those words into me.But now im over my hang over and we are on our way to save some sods brother.Long story short we got a job finding this guys younger sibling and we are now gathering the men we need to find and interigate his captors. I'll get back to you on that.

Day 6
    Today we managed to bring our selves to the bandits hideout. Th elocation of which we discovered froma man who soiled himself while beging for his life. "Classy" as Ymira would say. Ive grown fond of her and our talks. She is a funny and smart lady who is a nice change from the stuck up high posh royal im used to. She is a tidy girl who isn't afraid to get dirty. I know that seems contradictory but its true.But back to the matter of the merchants brother. We have successfully found and returned him to his borther and we have walked away with a few hundred gold and some hardy men.

We know have enough to pay the men with and get us some days in the Inns around the land. I'm thinking of buying iron in Curaw and selling it in Dhirim for some profit. Make a bit of money while seeing if some unlucky bandits happen on by.
  7. PyreBaron

AAR: I fight for the lost.

Chapter 1: Off to a poor start. Day 1 I really wanted this day to end with a good nights sleep but that’s not going to happen. What with my own mother getting gutted and the fact I got blamed for it and chased out from my own home. I never thought that I could make it through this again...
  8. PyreBaron

AAR:Pyre's Journel.

News: Closing this thread and making a new one. It will be based around Floris mod pack 2.5. Keep an eye out!
  9. PyreBaron

shostak said:
    This is a great AAR. I love the drive and character of Pyre, and haven't really seen any major grammar problems.

Diputs said:
    I really enjoyed this. The character is nice and unique, and I didn't really are about the gramar problems. Keep up the good writing!

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to write.
    Knowing i don't suck at it. :lol: :roll:
  10. PyreBaron

2nd Chapter

18th of august, 1257

I feel like a fool for letting this happen. I should have paid them for our safety but my over-confidence has leaded us to ruin.
    We were ambushed by deserters in the night. These were highly trained sea raiders and horsemen from the kherjits. It was 50 vs. 40 in our favor and I figured we’d win.
    I was wrong.
    The lancers cut though us like a dagger to a purse. We barley recovered when the raiders were on us. I was knocked out when an axe hit the side of my helmet.

When I woke I was in binds. The raiders didn’t manage to capture my companions besides Borcha. A day later I found my chance and got a few of us free. I managed to secure my gear and my fathers sword. If nothing else he picked a fine sword.
    The thing is, I traveled back to the battle sight with my men and Borcha, and we couldn’t find the others body’s. While my heart has a weight lifted I can’t find them.
    With little money and few men, I’m at a loss.
    It took me a while to find my journal but here I sit writing.

21st

I’ve recovered from my loss and signed on, once again, with the vaegirs. I’ve raised another 30 men for any campaign the marshal will issue. Now it is time to look for my friends.
    Also Nigel is dead by another’s hand I’ve heard.

23rd

I joined the marshals’ army after he issued a summons. We’ll see if this will bring me some money for better equipped men.

October 3rd

I know I haven’t written in a while but I’ve been BUSY! So much has happened, I have everyone but Marnid back now. And I have made over 6000 Denars in loot, ransoms, and payments. I’ve even got on king yargolecks good side. I found him and 4 other lords battling over control of Wercheg with the Swadians. I joined in hoping for a share of loot. But the king got knocked over by a lancer. I found myself the only one able to get to him in time. I quickly drew my fathers’ bastard sword with two hands and defended the king with my life against two fully armed swadian knights.
    I held them off until Alayen and Bunduk rode up to us and saved us. I’m so glad we found each other once again. These men are my kin.

After a successful battle, the king very much insisted he buy me and my men the finest nord mead and ale he could in Wercheg. I happily agreed and we all shared a good laugh. The king even complemented my lute playing skills. Saying I could “swoon over any maiden with a light heart”.
    I
    later bought a tool factory in Curaw. Seeing as iron is so cheap, ill net 250 to 400 Denars a week.
    Things are looking up for me, but alas, not for the kingdom of the Vaegirs. The Kherjits have made several moves on us and we’ve yet to secure Kodan or Reyvadin. Not only that the swadians are on us at all times. We can’t match them horse for horse and they move so fast we can’t out run their raiding parties.
    I have made a friend of Boyar Doru as I followed his campaign. We have seen many battles.
    Both he and Boyar Ralcha say the king should have no reason not to accept me as a vassal should I so desire. He might even ask me himself.

On a side note I find myself pondering the kinships of my companions. Alayen has all but asked for Ymira to marry him. I find there coupling cute. Though I find myself worried as if they wed, I’ll be without my two dear friends should they settle down. 
    Bunduk and Alayen still compete for the better warrior all the time. Though they usually tie out.
    I’m still searching for Marnid, he’s a good sort and I hope he still lives.
    And one last note is I’m now 22. My birth day is in September.

Addendum:
    I killed a women tonight….we found some sea raiders and stuck them down. I found out after that, the one I had faced was a woman. I don’t know why I feel so guilty of something….
    I know now, her face, it reminded me of her…
    I’m going to become a vassal, of King Yargoleck. It’s high time all this blood shed meant something.
    In the morning I ride for Wercheg.

October 10th

I am now a vassal of the Vaegirs. I’ve been battling with smaller lords parties for a while now, I find myself winning most of our fights. One was over my new fief Tadsamesh. Count Despin of Swadia was raiding the village and we struck him down. Though he escaped he’ll think twice before attacking my village again. The villagers are thankful for their lives but I told them “it’s what I do”. They held a feast in my honor. I enjoyed talking with the men and women I’m now sworn to protect.

I feel like I’m finally making a difference in this world. I have not forgotten my vow, and I’m surely upholding it.
    I enjoy my talks with Bunduk very much. We’ll tell stories of battles or mischief we would get into. And I’ve even convinced him to try and take up the lute.

October 20th

I feel as though I’m needlessly throwing away the lives of many men for this war. But if the country is united under one man the fighting will stop. I’ve yet to find the man who took Margreths’ life. It very may haunt me until justice is served.
    I find myself gaining leverage in the Nordic towns. The villages respect me. They say everyone who knows of me does. They say I’m the first lord to have some “true” honor by not preying on the weak.
    I now have 70 men in my employ. Half nord footmen, the other Vaegir archers. The total weekly pay for them is a hefty 600. But it’s worth it for the extra muscle.

Bunduk has given up on the lute playing. Saying he doesn’t have the knack for it I do.

My fathers’ sword has served me well but it is now rusted and chipped. I need to either repair it or have reforged all together.

The chills of winter are setting in. The air is light and the grass is browning with the trees. I’m used to this weather, as a nord boy I loved the snow. I’m more at home in the cold.

October 28th

Disaster struck today as Wercheg is now under kherjit control. I had no idea of this until after they had taken the walls. We now have 3 of our own cities under kherjit control and are pressed from all sides.

We must go on an offensive soon or we’ll lose this war.

Also the villagers of the realms have taken to calling my “Pyre, Baron of the just”. I find this title silly but I also like it somehow. A nice gesture from the people I’ve helped. I think I’ll keep it as my title. Bunduk approves. I might make names for him and the others as well. Maybe “Bunduk the Sharp” or “Alayen the Mighty”. Once again I find myself enjoying the company of these men and women.
    November 1st

We are surely doomed. Curaw is now kherjit land and we have had two boyars defect or betray the kingdom. I fear for the men and women of this realm. The kherjits are notorious raiders. I can barely muster enough trained men to fight off the bandits, let alone a lords’ party. These are dark times indeed and as I write, I wonder whether the king will take action soon enough to make a difference.

November 21st

While we are not at war with Swadia or the Kherjits anymore our losses have devastated the realm. I find myself questioning the integrity of the king. He has lead us to ruin in the shot time I’ve been a vassal, not only that but my fief is now in swadian hands. I can’t stress enough how worried for the villagers I am. Their help against Despin will surely come back to bite them.
    On the bright side I now have a large force of trained soldiers with me. About 15 assorted cavalry units and many Vaegir archers. In total I have 60 men.

I found a red coat of mail for myself today and its light fit keeps me limber in battle.
    I also paid a smith to reforge my fathers’ sword into a sabre. It is light in my hands and swings fast. It sharp edge is a work of diligence on the smiths’ part. This blade will serve me well.
    I now realize for how much I speak of my fathers' sword I have said nothing of him. I knew little of him since I ran from home when my mother died. All I know is he was the son of an improvised noble. He also trained me in basic sword play. I know no more than that of him. I can’t even remember his face anymore. I feel no sorrow in this as he did not stop me from running all those years ago. I must have been a reminder of the wife he had lost.

November 30th

I decided to speak with the king. Short story… I am no longer a vassal of the vaegers. A great man but I now know he cannot win this war. Let alone rule this land. I don’t wish to write most of the things said. But I now I was over eager to have my voice heard when he said “the people we use in this war are bound by code to give their lives. The villagers must do the same. I can do nothing to stop raids on our towns. No one can.” When I said he could stop these raids by the enemies of the Realm be them nords or swadians, he told me to hold my tongue. I did no such thing as I enforced my opionin of the others at the feast we were attending. I rallied some Boyars such as Doru and Ralcha to agree. They did, but repealed there claims when the king called this treason.

The king then turned to me and insisted I was trying to raise a rebellion against him. I turned to him infuriated. But I quickly calmed and said” How can I rebel when I am no longer a vassal of this kingdom?”

The entire room went silent. I turned to walk away. And as I left I turned to my former comrades in arms.
    I told them to never let the people of this land suffer for some pompous kings claim to rule. I then removed myself from the feast. I could almost feel the heat coming off of the kings’ face.
    In a few hours from setting out from the feast I received a message from Ralcha, the only one of the boyars I truly respected as a commander and person.

It read: Pyre, today you have denounced yourself as a boyar of the vaegers. A move I’ve yet to decide whether stupid or damn bold. But you are right, this war cannot be won. And the people should not suffer for it. While I am bound to follow the king until his defeat or demise, I will gladly join you in arms should I be allowed. I wish you well in whatever path you take. Just as my friend, do me one favor, and never forget what was said today. If anyone should be the one to unite this land, it would be you.
    The words in the letter gave me a brighter fire in my heart.
    I started this journey looking for revenge and justice. Now I only seek to find this lands true king.
    In the morning I set out for Sargoth. It’s time I put my past behind me.

November 31st

I visited Margreths’ grave today. I found a drunk outside the now battered empty tavern, and asked about the old keeper. She was buried outside the city walls in the graveyard next to the forest.
    And while it brought me comfort to see her laid to rest, it also brought about anger. HIS face flashing in my mind.
    While betwixed by emotions I had not noticed the grave keeper approach me. He asked if by chance I was named Pyre. Answering truthfully I expected him to say about how much he’s heard about me. In the stead of awe and bewilderment I found silence, a note, and a small parcel in his hands stretched toward me.
    I asked who this was from and he simply looked toward the grave. Quickly opening the letter I found it was in Margreths and writing. Her fluent cursive and gentle touch of pen to paper was clear in my mind after all this time. I quickly scanned the page, holding on to each word as if they were my own life.
    “Pyre, if you are reading this, know I am not in this world. I wish you the best as I write this knowing my day will soon come. When I took you in the tavern, you were but a boy. But now you are a man, Strong and fair. If ever I don’t get the chance, know I love you as a son. The tavern is yours as of receiving this letter. Show it to the Guild Master, he already knows of the situation.
    I also wish for you to receive an old token of my family. It was given to me by my mother. I hold it close to my heart, but now I give it to you.”
    I noted the parcel now in my hands.
    “If you ever have doubts about yourself, ever have second guesses about yourself, ever need comfort. I want you to know this. I love you and I would never change anything in my life. For I have you. Even in death I have you in my heart…my soul. Never forget. And don’t lose sight of who you are.
    For you my child, are the one who I love with no end. “
    I found myself crying in to the paper. I composed myself and opened the parcel. In it I found a necklace. It was made of fine silver. The chain was made with small hooks. The base of the chain held a small silver circle. In the middle was a flawless cut ruby. This was a truly beautiful trinket. And while it was meant for the neck of a woman, that did not hinder me from wearing it around my neck even as I write.
    This letter and gist are the last things I have besides memories now. They are the thing I hold most dear now.
    I end this here. I now set out with the same goal in mind but with a stronger will. I look to what’s important to give me strength. My friends, family, my father even.

This is what drives me. And it will never hinder me. Only make me stronger.

I'm sorry for the delay but Ive had surgery this week.

I'm thinking of abandoning this story but using the same char. (pyre) for Floris mod pack 2.5 when it comes out.
  11. PyreBaron

Beta Ramblings

/In a Demonic tone/

MINE!
  12. PyreBaron

I'm currently revising this chap. and working on the second. I may go with the swadians or vaegirs. Also if some one could offer to proof read, ill set up a draft for each chapter and make them more appealing by adding things like titles and headlines.
  13. PyreBaron

This is my first AAR and my first story at all. Constructive criticism welcome. And tell me of any miss spellings or grammar errors. Edit: Revised! NOTE: Im using the custom commander mod for WARBAND, be sure to give it a try. Pyre's Journal. So…I’ve decided to take Ymira’s word and start...
  14. PyreBaron

The new Subversion.

souleater said:
    And I like it somehow. The atmosphere. Most games that have non-stop music are tiresome and eventually become depressing, almost.
    :neutral:

I'm the exact opposite. I think music DEFINES most games. The ambiance or music make the biggest impact on immersion for me.

:mrgreen:

Edit: And in regards to M&B 2 "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!.jpg"
  15. PyreBaron

The new Subversion.

Hunterwolf said:
    PyreBaron said:
    OK so: no music in-game.
    The opening cinematic has sound and i can hear in game sound but no music.
    Ive re installed TWICE!
    I'm at a loss here. :neutral:
    you are wrong, the music is, but its appearance is very random, sometimes lacking, and sometimes hour to sit in silence can be

Thanks
Back
Top Bottom