Recent content by Proto AEA

1. +++ Important Announcement on 268 B.C. +++

first: ealabor; I think its amazing what you already did in work efforts for us and by sharing your progress with us lazy-crazies. I would constantly check time after time just to see new beautiful infos and pictures to dream.

I support your choice. I actually think its a good one given the situations.

did I actually mentioned that I like the setting you picked? Time frame? Or that I love you?
    Well......... errrm......... just keep going like always mate  :mrgreen:

2. Mod general Info

yeaaah you put the franks in.

Iam in with my germanic ass.

woooo.
  3. Celtic Village

Ohhh dear. Just passed by. This looks amazing O.O

4. Physical appearance

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Light_hair_coloration_map.png

your file is not mine. Stop trying to gain advantage by cheating. you see the sources below. And you can easily see what is meant with re-colouring
    Thank you. Its just a matter of respect and seriousity

PS: Inform yourself about the R1b subgroups.
    Can you read? I was writing about a total different thing. There are four main sources of R1b, and the french got theirs of the basques.(you might also see how similar spain and france is in R1b. even in YOUR map you might understand where the place is it spread from in topic france/spain)
    Look it up.

PPS: another critical point about your "French are much more nordic then spanish" French men are smaller then spanish ones.

PPPS:
    I am sure most of people agree more or less with my map, and what said Othr is quite close to my map.
    What an arrogant statement. And no it is not, apart from that he stressed "face features". I beg all readers to at least look at any of the official maps and compare it for some time to yours. And you made alot of obvious mistakes in your "talented re-colouring" I would not give you the title of an expert. I can tell from reading you, that you are indeed fanatic for private reasons and a bit too quick valuing yourself higher then anybody, so I doubt that discussing further with you has any sense. I still apell to everybody to judge if it is a good idea to take over a map from your feather.

And with that iam out of this thread.
    If you say, you have studied all of this many times, but still came to these odd conclusions; then you wanted to prove yourself your own reality, and found what you wanted to find.
    A clever man told me once to do not bother wasting time with the obviously ignorant.
    You can inscinate your theater in "proving how great you are" I wont see it, but maybe it makes you feel clever:wink:

5. Physical appearance

I hope you see how different the map you posted is from your version. And how close to the english one.(so why is my map so weird again?)

I think you might have some destorted views, as you are writing Kingdom of Franks in your profile... That is weird. Franks are austrasians, possibly nearest to dutch people today (and so is the language) and not french. The French are only culturally in legitimation, The land you talk about is a part of it, yes. But not THE frankish...... You seem to want to have french people nordic. I suppose you have personal reasons, but its historically not holdable, and we have to look above hollywood dreams when it comes to authenticy

Further, I beg you to look at your map that would confirm that french people are above all germanic, thats exactly what the map does NOT state(where is it from, btw whats the context on complexion?). I also doubt that the burgundians are a celto-italic group, because they come originally from a total different area, and should be(at least at the start) even more nordic then franks. One might think you might have some racial idiologies about the land you are living in, which I find.... strange. Get over it... The bright parts that you mark as france, are historically not as whole france. As I said. Careful with modern maps and standarts. In ancient times the "mixing of people" can not have been as much as today, nor can you use modern borders for old times. That states exactly what I said. The core of france, and the main amount of them, have to be romanesque/celtic.

And thats good for every french that isnt denying his identity, nobody has to be forcefully germanic, I hope you see that. It does not say anything about ones valour... I hope you can understand that and question yourself if you might be qualified enough to correct official maps.

6. Physical appearance

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/Light_hair_coloration_map.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Augenfarbe.svg

Iam not offended. But since your answer I can tell what you are.
    Please tell me your sources on german france. Ps: you know that the "enfants maudits" are a modern phenomenon of several 100.000. Most French are latin and proto celtic, and proud of it. They even talk a latin language, descendant from exactly what they are! Gallic dialects and (vulgar) latin of the gallo-romans/romans, with some german frankish influences in warfare-related terms. you know that the visigoths were in the south, right?

We can solve this very easy. open up your sources, and tell me, what makes your map more just then the official ones.

@DrThomas.
    you are invited to discuss with us.
    why does it look good to you, and what are your informations you rely on?

PS: As I said it, it makes the most sense. The french are to be counted to the latin people in the list of ethno-linguistics I gave.
  7. Physical appearance

I hope you do get, that you can not take modern maps for medieval times. Besides, iam not agreeing to your map, and I think some others might not too.  For instance on france/ireland/bavaria/scotland/wales/spain.

the basques are very dark, so are the french, which owe their R1b haplogroup to the basques, and not to the german/baltic source(keeps getting forgotten, but R1b has 4 main-subgroups).
    Welsh/scots/irish are still lighter complexed then french, apart from eyecolour, the only rather light complexed people in france are in the bretagne, spain should be as dark as france(according to modern maps not darker, except for eyecolour), and in the north/west even brighter then average french(possible visigotic-german?).
    You seem to have your own opinion, influenced by some modern maps(which you didnt follow fully). Modern maps will get outtimed aswell, and are mostly based on spot-tests(so seem to be yours, as in own opinion, you cant take friends as representants of whole countries), and have to be taken careful.
    I am suggesting, that we keep the game a game, and not start a racist discussion, or keep it simple like: latin/greek language countries(italy,france,spain,greece, mediterranian lands..) darker, germanic countries(germany, scandinavia, england and so on and so on) brighter, slavs bright!!! slavs are much more bright then in common opinion!!! and arabian/north african .... clear.

I agree to othr. The old maps are ok when it goes for face features. These things dont change so quick.
  8. Two handed swords

comparing a hammer with a sword is quite a weird comparision, I already wrote that short swords are having no advantage of two handed use(because they are to light and small). bigger hammers surely do have an advantage of two hands though, and the man that can swing a sword with one hand with the same power AND SPEED then with two, I want to see.

And even every re-enactor uses his second hand instinctively to support when he has no shield. It does not matter if the hilt is to small (which it isn't for the supporting role), you can also grab the pommel(there are even fighting schools that recommend this, because you can turn the blade much more rapid) or even near your right hand. And again, the sword was designed for being wielded aside a shield, with only one hand, because that was the classical fighting style and that for a good reason.

9. Two handed swords

If we go for realism and accuracy, every sword in the game apart from shortswords should get swung with the left hand supporting the right, !IF THERE IS NO SHIELD!
    Every decend intelligent man would- in order to survive; Use his left hand to grip on the hilt or pommel as an advantage, to hit harder and faster, instead of having his natural given second hand hanging aside or behind without use or even the danger of getting chopped of. (with exception of the thin- and light fencing blades of the later areas, that had a completely different way of use)

It is IMO weird to argument, that people discovered their left hands as last advantage only in the 15 century upwardst, and saw it as unmanly or unintelligent to use them before there, as if an unwritten rule existed to die easily and without giving a desperate fight, as soon as your shield gets off.

It was already said by the "Celtiberian", that no Swords existed in this time, that were designed for two handed use, and why that is. Apart from armour-lack, it would also have been a nut-job to sacrifice so much precious and rare metal for an overlong weirdo-sword, when the idiot wielding it, would have fallen dead, hit by a projectile or thrust by a spear before the lines meet(no offense to mel Gibson now, braveheart is surely a good fantasy movie)

But I understand the work it needs to program every sword as bastard sword, and its not necessarily needed. Whenever I walk arround and see my character with his sword in one hand, pretending to have a imaginary protection on his left body-side, then I just feel awkward, because... as I stated (with my own opinion only) it makes no sense to fight in a "shield-bearer" style when you have your left hand free, and you would need your second hand to overthrow the enemy in close quarter, especially when he has the huge advantage of a shield himself.

10. Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

I still have the problem that everytime I go into battle I crash. "Runtime error", "model "white helmet" not found"- and Others I dont remember anymore. The only working Battles that were there, was an ambush in a town and one in a Village while trying to recruit. But I am positive that I installed everything the right way, I was re-searching in the related topics here and I installed the patches. M&B WB is 1.131 and My graphic drivers are up-to-date. I have 4 GB ram and my computer is still new. I do know aswell how to "install" modules and am not new to this mod, never seemed to have more problems then others (Because its still beta, but FU********** FINE **********) On this release - however. It seems to do not work for me. Except for some others who posted that it crashes aswell when they go into battle.

So if I might have overseen something, that is already known, or if iam just an unlucky bastard and nobody knows what could be the problem... a hint or anything.

And othr, dont take this as ranting or attack or anything. I know it might be my own fault and I enjoy and appreciate what you do ALOT. I just can't find the problem and want to play the newest update of yours.

Cheers.
  11. Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

*sigh* I get a runtime error by joining battles too. Tried it pretty long now.

Everything else looks great in the mod though^^
    beautiful work...

But I will try to fix it, even though its bothering me slowly... 1.031 warband is on aswell, installed normal.
    I have 4 ****ing gb ram
  12. Bohemia Kingdom still ignored?

finally someone I feel who understood me. I am not trying to bash, or ignore czechs at all. I respekt the independant way they took and developed their nation outside of a complex of german feudal lords they surely do not belong in. And History proved they can deal pretty well by themself. I love the times where they were in the HRE on the other hand. Adds more very interesting dynamics. bohemia was quite an interesting Kingdom.

But as I said... the only important point is, that the game would have problems on it.

13. Bohemia Kingdom still ignored?

oh my. I couldnt read it all, I was feeling slowly disgusted by the smell.

@Ottis, because I would like to respond to you.
    Did you put your eyes on my arguments?
    I do not let the "they arent german, yet why are they inside the empire" argument count. Being part of an empire does not necessary mean same blood. Its politics. Just think of the ancient roman empire (extreme example, but similar in almost all Nations history) I hope you know the differences between czech people and german people in genetics.

But over that, the culture of the bohemians was surely highly german-influenced. Even the first german university was in praque. you technically owe alot of that standard to the Reich in that time, and made the Reich stronger and more various on the other Hand. Alot of what bohemia was, and was able to become is only because it was having a league it could develope in.
    And for the Rest. I didnt even contradict with you. I did mention the topic own King clearly too, and that points out exactly how the germans did see the czechs as Brothers, but with individual rights and dynamics outside the german system,(even though being king of Bohemia does not necessary mean anything blood related on that) fighting in the same league. You should think about my arguments according to this game in my post I have written. If this game would be able to Handle a dynamic feudal system, or any serious kind of intern politics, I would love to see Bohemia being a part inside the complex HRE that is most likely splitting away soon. But making it a complete independent Faction, with the game treating it like that is Bull**** IMHO. And no. Bohemia didnt turn its back on the HRE at all. The other way round is more accurate and even more credible.

After all, no argue at you.
  14. Bohemia Kingdom still ignored?

Bohemians would never be independend in a way that would legitimate a fully independent faction.(in this time)

I find it curageous enough to make the Teutonic Order a faction that would technically be able to wage bloody war with HRE.
    Czechs are no germans. But they still were politicly not able to turn their back on the Empire in that periode.

And talking of Austrians in topic czechs here again is pointless. Austrians at that time were germans, not czechs. The inner politics, which lord at a point of time was on paper ruling over whom inside the Reich makes no sense because the game cant simulate it and so it wont affect it. Making parts of austria, or bavarian ostarichi part of an "independend free bohemian nation" has to do NOTHING with historical accuracy.

It would not be tolerated by the Kaiser or the lords for sure besides that. It will only make the game more chaotic because it couldnt cope the dynamics of a feudal Empire. You have your King inplemented. Its enough. We have an english headman on top of the HRE here. does that make it an english faction? no. So stop it please with overcomplicated semi-historic wishes. The developer works hard enough and did an awesome job like it is. And its right like it is as far as the game gives opportunities.
  15. Which faction do you look forward to playing in 268 B.C. v1.98?

Chremonidian League for sure
Back
Top Bottom