Recent content by ppg

1. "Ask if anybody wants to join you" problem

I actually dont get any reaction when I click the button. Just nothing happens.
  2. "Ask if anybody wants to join you" problem

It doesnt work with other units then "street walkers and beggars". It gives me the price i have to pay for those units that want to join me, but when I click that option nothing happens. I made sure I have room for them and enough money (obviously, when its written in the statement above in that...
  3. Formation order bugs?

I actually never use the break formation order and the troops move around just fine. The position of archers in front seems to be fixed (when you use follow me or hold positin for multiple groups). Are you sure you select the right group before you give an order (the banners over their heads will be bright green).
  4. Question about "jousting"

makute said:
    Yes, couching lances were removed a few versions ago.

COUCHING! Omg I just couldn't remember the word.
  5. Question about "jousting"

Hey thanks for answers, but the point is that the last time I played, there most certainly was jousting in Brytenwalda. Lets leave alone whether it is or is not realistic, but I used to have a nice group of Curraidhs (or whatev.), Equites and maybe those elite cav. from Celts and they were definitely jousting, as was I on my horse. I always wandered around the battlefield with them, trying to lure enemy to attack my other troupes and then crush them with wedge formation attack in backside.
    And the lance was coming down, just as it does in vanilla. So I wonder if this was removed.
  6. Question about "jousting"

And one question added: Why wont anybody join me? I have village with 8 fondness and still cant recruit a man.
  7. Question about "jousting"

I started to play Brytenwalda after some time and obviously missed some versions (I have the newest now). I started a new game and from the new upgrade trees and also the stuff I see for sale in cities, I feel like there are no long spears that allow the "jousting", like when you run fast enough...
  8. BUG Reports v 1.332

Idibil said:
    ppg said:
    OK, this is really ridiculous. I am having my own kingdom, made Osmund a lord. His relationship is "Loyal". Before, I wiped out Mierce but I probably made a big mistake by selling Cynig Penida etc. (king of Mierce) - but they offered me some 13 000 bucks, so it was a nice deal. After that I defeated surviving lords and Mierce was finished.

Several days after that, Osmud miraculously decided to join Mierce (technically restoring it). How is this even possible? How can lord with huge positive relationship, who was just awarded a fief, defect to technically non-existent faction?? And even after his defection, the relation is still same and HE EVEN SAID THANKS FOR THE LAST FIEF AND THAT HE WOULD MANAGE IT GOOD!!! And yeah, he does this repeatedly, with or without fief given to him before.

If this is not bug, I dont know what then. From my point of view this situation happened against all indicants, against the system that works with the lords relations etc. Even if he was "secretly thinking" about defection, why would he had the positive relation then? Or the lords can lie like this?

Mm, Rebellions are spaced in time. I guess you're reloading the game and experiencing different rebellions. Well, we will add some requirements, such as the relationship, make it harder for the rebellion of the closest.

OK, I maybe phrased it wrong before. The exact message that appears is:

"Lord Osmud gets a fief from XXX's kingdom, Mierce is restored. All lords including Cynig etc. will come back to it later."

I just dont see any logic in that, please help me understand it. And as I said it before, it looks like the event is inevitable and firmly programmed into continuation of my game. What puzzles me is how the hell I should saw this coming??

What version have you? Rebellion msg is something like:
    Rebellion!!  People of the defected kingdom of X have taken up their weapons and X gets a fief from X, X is restored! Long live the King!

What windows have you? I dont understand well which could be your problem.

Sorry I dont know about "rebellions", I thought that the only way to restore kingdom is when its former lords, that have been defeated but escaped, after some time somehow raise an army again, magically appear from nowhere or what and than capture some center. And of course, the thing I described before.
    Warband version: 1.131, Brytenwalda 121 (I guess from intall file name, I am not sure how to get this from the game) with Diplomacy 3.1.1 (same problem).

As I mentionet further in the thread, the restoration of Mierce was clearly "built in" in the games shedule in the moment, because no matter what I did, Mierce was ALWAYS restored at the midnight, was it getting fief from my kingdom or another. It was defeated after this event, the same thing happened again and Mierce was wiped out for the third time.

Also, what I noted is that if leading the army with lords behind me, encountering stronger army, the lords always flee to random castle or town as chickens and dont want to come out for nothing. Saying that the stronger army is around and they need to raise more soldiers or vice versa. The cure I invented for that is to give them task "I wont need you for some time. You are free to do as you like", which gives you an error message (I think it is a original Warband bug) and seems to somehow "restart" the lords.
  9. Ok, I think this is time to stop playing this game

Because right at the time, just now, my avatar ingame (Cerdic) is speaking to... CERDIC!!! Yes, I am speaking to myself ingame, just like that, eye to eye. The options of a dialogue with myself are pretty bizzare. On one hand, Ive just sworn oath of vassalage to myself (just for the heck of...
  10. BUG Reports v 1.332

Just the last information to give you a comprehensive report:
    It seems that the Mierce restoration is somehow burried in the program, because when I experimented it turned out, that at the midnight of given day, SOME lord will ALWAYS defect and restore Mierce. Not from my faction at the time, but from another one that occupied ex-Miercian territory.
    In additon of that, when I gave another lord Oxenaforda after several days, the first thing he has done at the nearest midnigth (I guess) was... wait for it... defecting to Mierce (which was eliminated for the second time in that time)!! Well, strange are ways of Brytenwalda...

But maybe this could help somehow, I dont know.
  11. BUG Reports v 1.332

Gottfried von Berlingen said:
    ppg said:
    Don't double post, please.

Do you play in realistic mode? If yes...
    But if not, try to load an earlier save.

OK, I dont meant to be unpolite, but you know how bugged is this game/mod. I still think they are both great and everything, but this is thing I just cant ignore. There should be some logical system in the game and this seems to me very annoying glitch or bug or what it is.

And in addition, listen to this: I indicted Osmud of treason, so he couldt defect. I couldt be more wrong! I made another of my companions a lord, game his Osmuds fiefs (Oxenaforda and some other) and for some absolutely beyond-reason reason the absolutely same thing happend again with another lord!!.  I just wonder if this is normal or it is some unexpected bug that shouldt happen, thats all.
    The only bug in my near 6 hours of gameplay, with various characters, were the ones I reported.
    Are you sure you didn't edit something?

Yes I am sure. I dont know what you posted, but I suppose you experienced some  battles. The formations are one of the best things on this mod (I have no idea how are other mods with formations). The fighting is much much more fun then in vanilla style. But it is on the other hand full of bugs. I think this thread specially describes them thouroughly. And there are many other little things... When I said Warband itself is bugged, I meant more "unperfect", there are just some things I think that need to be done to make the game more playable. But this is completely different topic then I was talking about originally. I think that if the game automaticaly restores a kingdom, using lord defection and no matter what lord, his relationship etc. it just HAPPENS is major error.
  12. BUG Reports v 1.332

Don't double post, please.

Do you play in realistic mode? If yes...
    But if not, try to load an earlier save.

OK, I dont meant to be unpolite, but you know how bugged is this game/mod. I still think they are both great and everything, but this is thing I just cant ignore. There should be some logical system in the game and this seems to me very annoying glitch or bug or what it is.

And in addition, listen to this: I indicted Osmud of treason, so he couldt defect. I couldt be more wrong! I made another of my companions a lord, game his Osmuds fiefs (Oxenaforda and some other) and for some absolutely beyond-reason reason the absolutely same thing happend again with another lord!!.  I just wonder if this is normal or it is some unexpected bug that shouldt happen, thats all.
  13. BUG Reports v 1.332

ppg said:
    OK, this is really ridiculous. I am having my own kingdom, made Osmund a lord. His relationship is "Loyal". Before, I wiped out Mierce but I probably made a big mistake by selling Cynig Penida etc. (king of Mierce) - but they offered me some 13 000 bucks, so it was a nice deal. After that I defeated surviving lords and Mierce was finished.

Several days after that, Osmud miraculously decided to join Mierce (technically restoring it). How is this even possible? How can lord with huge positive relationship, who was just awarded a fief, defect to technically non-existent faction?? And even after his defection, the relation is still same and HE EVEN SAID THANKS FOR THE LAST FIEF AND THAT HE WOULD MANAGE IT GOOD!!! And yeah, he does this repeatedly, with or without fief given to him before.

If this is not bug, I dont know what then. From my point of view this situation happened against all indicants, against the system that works with the lords relations etc. Even if he was "secretly thinking" about defection, why would he had the positive relation then? Or the lords can lie like this?

OK, I maybe phrased it wrong before. The exact message that appears is:

"Lord Osmud gets a fief from XXX's kingdom, Mierce is restored. All lords including Cynig etc. will come back to it later."

I just dont see any logic in that, please help me understand it. And as I said it before, it looks like the event is inevitable and firmly programmed into continuation of my game. What puzzles me is how the hell I should saw this coming??
  14. BUG Reports v 1.332

Hoodinski said:
    I just noticed there's something wrong with the religions. My char is christian yet all the bishops want to convert me.

I dont think its a bug. They just didnt make any conversation options in this dialogue, I think it never changes (talking with a bishop)
  15. BUG Reports v 1.332

Back
Top Bottom