Recent content by Possut

1. Possut

Is this mod straining on computers?

It's okey in terms of performance. If you compare to say Sword of Damocles, Blood and Steel is nothing.
  2. Possut

Sword of Damocles Warlords 3.0 Beta - Bugs, Problems, and Improvements Thread

I'm pretty sure I did install the 3.82. Is .82 specifically aiming anything on the massive xp boost?
  3. Possut

Version 3.8 Impressions

Are there any faq/guide for the mod anywhere? I can't find anyone.

For a mod this big, there really should be some sort of offical Faq/guide, imho :wink:
  4. Possut

Sword of Damocles Warlords 3.0 Beta - Bugs, Problems, and Improvements Thread

I have some bug where I get 23999 xp randomly 1-4 times, just like that. At first, it was quite welcoming, as I just started a new save. But now, when I start to close into level 30 (in only 2 hours of playing) it does start to get boring.

Also, I dont like getting quest where I have to run over the whole map to finish. Just makes the quest system so useless.
  5. Possut

About kingdom and vassals

NicotiN said:
    The fierdsvain are the most powerfull, don't attack them to early, they will raid and siege you until they get bored...you can loose all 3 castles in 10 days. Get at least 10 lords before...i know you will attack them now:grin: you will see

Right as I was assembling my army the Empire (who are most powerful in my game, after that Fierdsvain) just attacked me :razz: I'll try to fight off some of the vassals and start grabbing castles slowly.
  6. Possut

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

*In awe*  :eek:

Looks and sounds great :grin: Can't wait for a even greater mod than v.3. Keep it up!
  7. Possut

noosers said:
    If you want to befriend them in order to acquire them as vassals, you´re too late. If they haven´t got a single holding left they´re close to extinctin. Let them perish, the darned bastards.

If you fit the positive relation required before you capture a prisoner (note the -10 relation penalty for taking him prisoner) you´ll be able to recruit him after battle if you talk to him again - you´ll get a ransom option and if your relation´s good enough the recruit option.

If they´re zapping around the map with these tiny, tiny armies, it´s usually best to hunt them down with a less than 20 men cav army. Check all small minor parties as well, the last lord may have been taken prisoner by some bandit faction. Or simply wait for them to perish by themselves.

Promoting vassals as companions is a bit problematic. Lords may become upset about them if they aren´t of noble origin.
    Generally, you can´t take troops off your companions. You can only give them units. Any unit given to them in a town/castle will be added to the garrison (methinks).

Which kind of troops a promoted lord gathers depends on his personal background faction and can vary greatly from NPC to NPC. This part of PoP works just as native, so once you know which NPC replaced whom from native you´ll be able to realise which troops he´ll pick up upon promotion once you know which native faction equals which PoP faction :wink:

Generally, it´s disadvisable to use companions as lords, especially if they´re ones you´d better use yourself. If it´s a totally worthless one (you never use him) it doesn´t matter. If it´s your best buddy it´s problematic because if you piss him off enough he´ll either leave your faction and desert you (means you´ll have to fight the bugger if you war his new faction) or if he goes exile, he´ll leave Pendor forever.

The companion lords I got this far is not the ones I use in my party, so that ain't anything of a problem (Lethaldrain *drools*). It would be a problem not being able to take units from my companion lords, will have to check that out, since I planned to do that at times :razz:

Though a good opportunity to wage some war against Fierdsvain just arose (they fight both Sarleon and Ravenstern). They got the Nal'Dar territory which would be pretty easy to get hold of. From now on I'll get Lord vassals and I gotta fight some to get some huge relations.

Cheers for the answers :wink:
  8. Possut

WARBAND - Questions About Tactics, Strategy and Overall Gameplay

How do you befriend Noldor? I probably haven't got that far in my game yet (longest game yet is 130ish days), but still good to know :wink:
  9. Possut

noosers said:
    The faction  usually was alive until the last lord/party of it (farmers, caravan) gets defeated or reaches it´s home destination (farmers, caravan!) and can´t respawn in a original factions location. If the respawn trigger fails, it takes a couple of days and the faction is declared dead. Beware though, imprisoned lords are tricky, as they count towards the faction.

You´ll need to free them to speed up the process. Even more annoying are faction lords hiding in an allied castle. It can take them forever till they leave the safety to be slaughtered.

These lords will be randomly assigned to new factions once their mother faction is dead, the king will exile and leave forever. The rest will join the other Empires every few days.

In MnB it didn´t matter wether or not the lord got a holding once he joined, he´d be around forever. WB is far more tricky. If a lord does not get a fief fast, he´ll become annoyed and if he´s pissed off enough, he´ll leave your faction and join another. So ensure to deal out fiefs to all your lords. The great sideffect apart from keeping them happy is making them rich which has a huge influence on their actual party size and troop quality compared to native WB or MnB:razz:oP. (Mainly because the AI lords are able to build improvements on their own now!).

Great stuff to know!

About D'Shar vassals, its more that I wanna defeat and release them and later on defeat them again, take prisoner and make em vassals. Which brings me to another question: when I talk to a befriended prisoner, will the option to make them vassals be there, or do I have to talk to them in the field to make them go over to me?

And D'Shar, I wonder where the current vassals are running around? The thing is that they are very low on units and has probably scattered as leaves once any 40+ army comes close, and run around forever, probably. The empire of D'Shar hasn't disappeared in the scrolls yet, so to say.

Atm, I got 3-4 companions as my vassals, letting them get together some units and do their thing. Do vassals always get new units? I'm wondering if I can grab units from the them and chuck the units into garrisons and then the vassal refill the unit count?
  10. Possut

I'm very successful in my current game as King with Signal and 3 castles. The Empire weirdly went on D'Shar after a couple of days and it was a slaughter. As the D'Shar got decimated I took the opportunity to easily chuck a couple of fiefs and now D'Shar is off the map. Some questions now...
  11. Possut

Just can't get the handle of the start

Now my game starts to get fun :razz: I'm a vassal of Ravenstern and we fight Sarleon. Hate the fact that I won two castle sieges but probably wont get any of them since the King doesn't favor me that much yet :S

I want one or two castles before I go independant, and now would be awesome to keep one since Sarleon will wanna end the war soon. I wont have anyone on my back for a smaller period, so I can recruit some forces so I can defend it properly.
  12. Possut

Summa said:
    I had a rough time getting started as well. I ended up hanging out in the Ravenstern areas and just took it easy and slowly gained more experienced troops from the bandits in the area. I honestly have a better time establishing myself rather than later in the game when you got all the top notch troops.

Hehe Revenstern is where I'm hanging around too :razz: Everytime I get by Sanderfall = buy off all iron and sell it at Rane/Poinsbruk, super money income :razz:
  13. Possut

Okey, I'll have to do that soon then. I'll try to get a castle and dump some of them then, maybe make them vassals or something...
  14. Possut

NicotiN said:
    It's in the camp menu, pop options....but if you don't see the complaints that doesn't mean they don't happen....you will get messages on the screen that x doesn't like y.

Hmm, this does still happen :S But will they eventually leave then? I don't want that :razz:
  15. Possut

I'm merc now yes. But I don't think turning off complaints work. That options isn't in my camp menu, besides making the companion conversations fewer (is this the magic option maybe?).
Back
Top Bottom