Recent content by Placid

1. Does Prophesy of Pendor have cheats on it?

angryjosh91138 said:
    So if u cheat u cant do anything? I tried using the ctrl+x cheats and none of them worked.
    Only a few of the cheats actually trigger the cheater achievement, they are the ones ManOfHonor described.

You can click CTRL-X to your hearts content, it wont trigger.

If CTRL-X doesnt work, you probably havent enabled cheats in the launcher for the game (or you are trying to level up a high level trooptype that requires many clicks).
  2. Vicky in History

Nierra said:
    Hmmm... As far as I remember, Tau "Greater Good" is only for Tau. No?
    Its a dogma that the Tau uses (applies to everything in their culture i believe, their dealings with others, etc. But ultimately its only for the Tau, yes).
    Nierra said:
    Oh, and Slaanesh rules! :twisted:
    He shall be cast down along with you and all other followers of the degenerate powers *starts frothing in righteous fury*
  3. Vicky in History

ManOfHonor said:
    Though I still hate the Zerg! Murdering scum.
    Yes, the Tyrani...erm.. i mean Zerg are rather single minded :grin:

SnakeStrike10 said:
    What, Warhammer talk and no-one even mentions the Tau?
    I'll show you "greater good", you blue madman :smile:
  4. Vicky in History

ManOfHonor said:
    Hmm, less Protoss, more Elf! I always thought that the Elf analogue wasn't supposed to be as precise as it is.
    You know that the Protoss *are* Eldar ? :smile:  (Blizzard blatantly copied everything about Warhammer for their "Warcraft" series). Some say that Blizzard was supposed to develop an actual Warhammer game but that Games Workshop pulled out of the deal forcing them to change the name. I dont know.. all i do know is that they settled out of court for the plagiarism.. and then Blizzard launched WoW....lol (i bet GW would have liked a piece of that pie).

Eldar are essentially space elves, same general story, same decadence, same "haughtiness", etc.

ManOfHonor said:
    I suppose I need to read a bit more than Inquisition, Adeptus Astartes, and Imperial Guard books.
    Now I just need to finish The Gaunt's Ghosts series first..
    Sounds like you have an excellent start there :smile:
    The only two books that i've read (from the black library) that had Farseers in them (not only as targets, hehe), was

Farseer - William King (excellent book, and excellent author. I recommend anything by him).
    Shadow Point - Gordon Rennie (not quite as good.. its prequel "Execution Hour" is one of the best BL books i've read though).
  5. Vicky in History

ManOfHonor said:
    Edit: Might as well change the title of this thread to "Winter War- Discuss!"  :lol:
    hehe, definitely :grin:

ManOfHonor said:
    You weasel eyed, underhanded, sneaky sob!
    Why do I find this funny? Heck if I know!
    *cackles maniacally* :grin:

ManOfHonor said:
    Hey I totally conceded those two points in my posts :razz:
    Nierra's posts have a significantly different slant, however they were still 90% factual... With those two noted exceptions.
    True that :smile:
  6. Vicky in History

ManOfHonor said:
    Darn you placid for posting before I could finish posting! (  :lol: )
    lol, sorry :smile:

ManOfHonor said:
    Though Nierra is not really wrong about anything, other than that the Finns surrendered immediately after breaching the Mannerheim line, in my opinion, and in my opinion only, that may just be due to what I consider immediately and what Nierra considers immediately, I also count the fact that the Finns were trying to negotiate throughout the entire war, it was not a sudden "Oh ****!" moment. The rest is purely a matter of opinion, though opinions I don't entirely agree with. Edit: Oh, wait... Well, calling the Mannerheim the best possible defenses at that time is... Debatable, the best Finland could field, yes, though I already covered this in a previous post!
    I consider him wrong on several accounts :smile:

He makes the Mannerheim line sound like the Maginot line. The Mannerheim line was very flimsy by comparison, and also very incomplete when it was attacked.
    He makes it sound like the Russians attacked uphill... naked.. in a one way blizzard, when they in reality had an overwhelming superiority in pretty much everything.

And so on :smile:
  7. Vicky in History

Nierra, you are wrong on so many counts here i dont even know where to start :smile:

But to make it as short as possible (and not de-rail the thread too much) :

1. The Soviets had incompetent leaders (Stalin had purged 13 of 15 army commanders, 8 of 9 admirals, 50 of 57 army corps commanders, 154 out of 186 division commanders, 16 of 16 army commissars, and 25 of 28 army corps commissars). This was still *very* evident when Germany attacked a couple of years later.
    2. The Finns had outdated equipment, even worse than the Russian gear.
    3. The Finns had 30 6 ton tanks from WW1. They had no anti tank weapons. The Russians had about 5000 modern tanks commited (sources vary).
    4. The Finns had just over 100 old planes in its airforce. The Russians had 3500 committed to the offensive.

And to add insult to injury. When the winter war began, the Finns had a total of 200.000 rounds of artillery ammunition, and 75.000 rounds of howitzer ammunition stored. Russian artillery shot over 200,000 rounds at the 2nd Division alone in a span of 6 hours during their February-offensive.
  8. getting Noldor

I dont believe there is any other way.

They are too high level to free (if other warbands have some captured).
  9. Noldor tournaments

Knight Silaric said:
    Woah woah woah, so you're telling me that there's some tournament held at the beginning of each month that gives a qualis gem as it's prize? What city is this in, I never knew about this! How is it possible to join such a thing? :eek:
    It said Noldor tournament, so i imagine the Noldor city (never been there myself, not played the mod enough) :smile:
  10. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Treebeard said:
    It's an error happening at the function "store_distance_to_party_from_party". The function takes two party ID:s; the first is the Marshal's party's ID and the second is the Marshal's target's party ID. It seems one of these party ID:s is no longer a valid Party ID in your current game. Most likely it is the target party ID that is invalid. The affected code part is standard WB code so it could be a generic error.
    Great, thanx for the answer :smile:

Not seen it again (i started a new game for safeties sake since i was only a few days in), so i guess it was just a "hiccup" by the game.
  11. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Hi all :smile:

Relatively freshly installed game, and installed the mod a few days ago.

I get a script error, opcode 2281 invalid party 257 line number 381
    at script: decide_faction_ai
    at script: decide_faction_ai

Tried to search on it and found that it had something to do with Marshals ?

In my game i am only a week or so in, i have no holdings, i am not aligned with anyone, etc (nor do i have any active quests).  I dont think i've even spoken with a lord yet. Is it just a "generic" error ?
  12. HYW - Bug Reports (v6.0)

Alexandreta said:
    Well i have problem that i cant visit a lady . And time to time in the side appers red words wich says that some courtship lady numbers arent right . Plz tell my have to fix it if nobodu else have this
    Same problem, downloaded and installed it today. Overall a very nice mod, but its kind of silly that i get invited to the French faction, and less than a day later the English and French makes peace, hehe (thats not a bug per se, just...strange) :smile:

Lots of courtship script errors, pops up every now and then (i imagine the lady you are courting wants to send you a message or something like that..

Upon swearing my oath of fealty to the French, i went to Paris (there was also a feast there). I joined the feast, swore my fealty to the king, then started talking to the ladies. There were two queens, and one said she was the father of some guy :smile: (i didnt note down the names, i was busy falling out of my chair laughing, hehe).
  13. Villages going independent

ahh, i'll look at that, thanx a lot :smile:
  14. Villages going independent

Ãbyss said:
    They should be your villages the moment you take them over :/
    Its strange in that the game recognises that the villages belongs to your faction (they become your kingdoms color), yet are ruled by nobody so they are for all practical purposes neutral (you dont get any money from them, just the default neutral options). If the solution had been easy though, Saxondragon and team would already have fixed it :smile:
  15. Villages going independent

SCGavin said:
    As I understood him his problem was that the villages tied to a town aren't automatically given to him when he takes that town. That's true for me, too. Those villages stay unclaimed, unless I go to my steward and claim them.
    Yup, that is exactly the case. The "problem" with it is that i usually dont have any vassals at that point in the game (lots of things that have to click in place at once, running into a lord you have a high standing with from previous captures / releases, then defeat him, then being lucky in capturing him), and as such, are unable to gift them to myself. So they stay ruled by "no one" until i get one :smile:

Another thing that is probably not a bug per se, but very annoying is that i loaded up on top tier troops, and went after a Noldor patrol hoping to get some good gear. After defeating them, i was "stupid enough" to use the prisoner dialogue to release the prisoners. This gave me too much standing apparently (indifferent), that i am now unable to attack the Noldors at all, hehe. (only dialogue option is "leave").

Now i know to store my Noldor prisoners somewhere until i actually *want* good standings :grin:
Back
Top Bottom