Recent content by OakenRivers

1. OakenRivers

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Hurleur said:
    Anyways , if i recall good , all of this can be modified with  Morgh's Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor , no?

Not in 1.0. Or so I've found. Mourghs doesnt seem to work with the mewest version of ACOK.
  2. OakenRivers

Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Doesnt seem to work with ACoK. I've used this tool since original floris and Freelancer and it always worked great, even with 1257. But now when I try to edit, say, a sallet helm in ACoK to be able to show your beard on the visorless model, it wont show up. It just refuses to work. Same with making Two handed weapons useable on horseback. nada. And making spears throwable. Im not sure if Im just missing something of if Cozur olaced some sort of blocking tool in.

When I go back into Mourghs all the changes are still there, they just arnt in the game when I launch...
    Any advice would be great if you have any. Thank you.
  3. OakenRivers

Ithilien5 said:
    Agrippa91 said:
    Cozur said:
    ThaneWulfgharn said:
    OakenRivers said:
    A true knight has his knighthood bequethed upon him BECAUSE he was a good fighter. They are in exsitance to protect. Defend the weak. Defend the king. Fight his wars. Blah Blah Blah. That being said, not all knights are equal. They're purpose (as it was in said mediveal era) was soley based upon prowess in combat. Hence why lords gave knights land, small plots. To defend in, in the case of invasion. Defend the people. Defend the crops. Defend the riches.

Gregor Clegane is a superior fighter to 90% of westerosi warriors, knights or not. Anyway, his behaviour is all but Chivalric...

Grabbed that statement out of thin air, didn't you Thane?

Well, honestly he's probably superior to more than 99% of the "westerosi warriors" depending on how you define those (knights? common soldiers?)

Gregor Clegane is suprior to all fighters in westoros so far as the books revealed thus far. Shy of a Giant perhapse, or posibly a dragon. The mountain may only be matched by his brother, the hound (as he did beat him in the hands tourney), but even that could go either way.
  4. OakenRivers

Finje said:
    KidStein said:
    Not all Knights are noble-born. And if you're not noble-born, you most likely weren't raised and trained to be a knight. And yes, Sandor was not a knight. But only because he refused knighthood. And on average, the Knights of Westeros couldn't compare to Sandor, Jaime, Barristan etc etc.

Many good fighters aren't knights, while others are knights and fight like a child with a f***ing cheeseknife. Bronn wasn't a knight for a long time (until the Battle of the Blackwater) but he killed many knights.

You are not going to be a Knight just by raise in the most cases. Of course, it could happen (Bronn), but as a Knight you need lands, people and a lot of money. A guy raised to a knight just because he is a good fighter, has nothing in common with a real knight except of the name. Real knights are knights because they where raised for this job. A knight isn't equal with a good fighter of course, there are such things as housholdknights, siting around at court und attenting the king and such things.

A true knight has his knighthood bequethed upon him BECAUSE he was a good fighter. They are in exsitance to protect. Defend the weak. Defend the king. Fight his wars. Blah Blah Blah. That being said, not all knights are equal. They're purpose (as it was in said mediveal era) was soley based upon prowess in combat. Hence why lords gave knights land, small plots. To defend in, in the case of invasion. Defend the people. Defend the crops. Defend the riches.
  5. OakenRivers

Lord Nicholas Gilmore said:
    Longtime lurker first time poster. Have played this mod to death since I discovered it. Literally the only video game I even feel like playing.  But I couldn't agree more with the execution feature being added. As a ASOIAF lore-meister I feel it would fit in nicely to the universe and would be a very practical gameplay function. 

I could understand not letting the CPU have that function, but I think for the player this would add so much fun and realism. Please! Would it take much work?

Here Here!!, Ill drink to that! (I've mentioned this before, Back in .7 I htink and it just started a huge argument. But I concur, Execution seems fesible as well as neccicary. Cozurs response I belive was if i can find the files and send them to him he would implemnet it into the game. Wheather it was sarcasm or not isnt exactly the issue. For me the issue is navigating Python Becasue that program is a F*&^%() headache.
  6. OakenRivers

Aye, I was curious why Importing Characters Makes you incapable of moving inside anywhere without being thrown into and out of walls and cellings. I understand the whole preventing overpowered characters thing and how it breaks the lore and mod and such, But I happen to edit all my charcters, and sometime import them from other files when I dont want to go through the whole face editing thing all over again.

Soo, I was just curious if you had a reason further then the overpowered characters, and if therer was a fix..
  7. OakenRivers

SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Hunterwolf said:
    @Leignheart. Read my posts on the previous pages of about what to do.
      The first three books have already described, have now all that I have listed from A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons

I have all the books, I've read them all many, many times. Im going through the series again and am on the third book, should be done in a few days.
    I`ll very much like to help. With two jobs though I msy not be the most reliable source.
    I'll see if in a few days.
  8. OakenRivers

VictorSwamp said:
    Pretty sure it was implemented in Brytenwalda.

Yes it was.
    And one of the Floris branches. Where.... I cant exactly remember.

I beat Brytenwalda by Killing every lord that opposed me. Then My max out chracter had only brigands to fight and the entire map to rule...

Id still love to see it in ACOK though. I want to f*&%$() Brutalize Theon Greyjoy and this would be just too fitting.
  9. OakenRivers

I happen to  have a suggestion/ Request or two...
    I was curious of if perhapse you were considering adding religions to the mix, like brytenwala. The North with they're old gods, Rhollor the Red, The Faith, The faceless God....
    I'm just curious because I'd really like to go crusader on some septs.
    Old Gods all the way!! Woot! Woot!
  10. OakenRivers

I just downloaded .8 about a week ago. I had .6 since you released it.
    Theres a couple diffrences I noticed that I didnt fully understand. In .6 you had your own model for the Arkah sword, but in the later versions you got rid of it? In its place is the Sarrisand Sultante sabre. I personaly prefered your model a whole lot more, and created a character around it when I first launched .8. But it was mo mas.
    I had a list in my mind, but at the moment the only other thing I can think of is no More Great Wyke? It was more or less a big part of the Iron Islands storyline.

I know you still have two more releases till its considered done, I was just hoping and wondering if these would be in the final version.
  11. OakenRivers

Epicrules said:
    OakenRivers said:
    I love GOT. Read Every Book. Been waiting for something like this to come out.
    I downloaded and played it. Very nice. However I dont like being a lord. Id rather fight under someone.
    So for days now I`ve been looking for a way to insert Freelancer (after a few days of looking for a GOT mod with it already in it).
    I've gone to great lengths installing and buying programs in hope that I'll be able ot fuse them.
    I`ve got Python and file converters out the ass now and still cant find a way to make it work.
    I have three versions of the freelance source code (one of which came in txt format) and still keep kicking myslef in the but trying to figure it out.
    I've never made any mods before (if that werent obvious by now).
    So I`ve finally broke down and sucked it up.
    I realized I need to ask for help.

So if anyone could guide me in my journey to become a pleb under the banner of Stannis Baratheon, I`d be forever greatful.

Wait until next update.

I thought Cozur said he was not going to insert freelancer...
  12. OakenRivers

I love GOT. Read Every Book. Been waiting for something like this to come out.
    I downloaded and played it. Very nice. However I dont like being a lord. Id rather fight under someone.
    So for days now I`ve been looking for a way to insert Freelancer (after a few days of looking for a GOT mod with it already in it).
    I've gone to great lengths installing and buying programs in hope that I'll be able ot fuse them.
    I`ve got Python and file converters out the ass now and still cant find a way to make it work.
    I have three versions of the freelance source code (one of which came in txt format) and still keep kicking myslef in the but trying to figure it out.
    I've never made any mods before (if that werent obvious by now).
    So I`ve finally broke down and sucked it up.
    I realized I need to ask for help.

So if anyone could guide me in my journey to become a pleb under the banner of Stannis Baratheon, I`d be forever greatful.
Back
Top Bottom