Recent content by nocturnalfox

1. Server unban please NW_Official_NA_1

First time I've loaded up NW in about 6-7 months. Anyway I want to get back into the main battle server because siege is boring (unless defending). Unban please. No I don't know why or even when it happened, wouldn't surprise me if its something stupid (lol)  :mrgreen: Server: NW_Official_NA_1...
  2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

You know what really annoys me, its all these features rather then telling us what some of us want to know, like me.
    When it will be released
    When it will be early accessed/beta/alpha

And they MUST know this, because it would be madness to let a studio just go wild for years with an unlimited budget.

I cant be the only one here who actually doesn't care about an ageing feature and found it a waste of blog space- blogs that we only get every 3-4 months.
    The longer they take with this is even longer before it hits its peak in terms of mods and making it better then what it is.
    M&B warband came out a few years ago and is only just hitting its prime with mods like brytenwalda (and VC), ACOK, gekokujo, floris, warsword (soon...) and many more.

I think for now though its time to call it for me.
    This game aint coming out before or even close to warhammer total war or Eternal crusade and theres a few others on my horizon that have made better efforts with their communities to keep them relatively in the loop as it were.

3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Still no mention of a release date or early access...
    That means another four months till we hear from them again.  :neutral:
  4. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Didn't they say soon after the one in august....
  5. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

At the end of the day this game is starting to rapidly lose steam with me.
    I was on the band wagon at the start of that first blog- 4 years ago.

But now I'm like Eternal crusade, game thats been in development for less time has more to show and they are in constant communication with their community on a daily basis, on both External media (ie facebook) and internal (their OWN forum).

I don't like destroying peoples work or criticising them without due cause, but these guys at tale worlds need to do something, allocate a person to CM status and throw barrel loads of info at them and they can break it down and show what they think (via the communities input) should be shown.

I mean even their FB page is always like "standby for more info on bannerlord" but they don't actually say anything about it till the blog.

And do you want to know the finisher, it will still be 2-3 years after release before M&B:B hits its peak- thanks to the modding community.
  6. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Lets think logically- you work 4-5 days a week for an entire month.
    Surely you can spend 10 minutes of your time and have something to show for it, not neccasarily new features but something.
    Whether its ironing out bugs, modelling, rendering, texturing, rigging, or art.

Hell you could talk forever about just those categories, not being able to add a blog every month smacks in the face of coordinating with your community.

Aint about new features, its about actually showing what you are doing, how far along are you and what is left to do.
  7. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

How far away from an alpha release?

Its been in development now for 4 years that we know of, so there must be an alpha or early beta build in the pipeline somewhere.

I want to play this all ready, but i'm not going to lie, my enthusiasm is starting to die down.
    The logs on  bannerlord are not released every month- they are sporadic, the last one was august, before that march.
    That being said I am willing to fork in for a pre order now (maybe with alpha/beta access).
    I all ready upgraded my rig in anticipation for warhammer total war, so after April I think I will of lost interest in this if there is still little to show.

But on the community front- why are the blogs not rolled out on a month by month basis at least indicating what you guys are doing and that this game is not dead in the water and where you are in development.
    Why don't you have a Q+A section in these blogs so guys can get answers about what to expect.
    The floating question is "how far along are you?" we all know its 2016, but is that January or December or some point in between.

I cant be the only one to start thinking these guys don't much care for the community that has built up around taleworlds and M&B as a series...

8. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Not to mention people will mod in naval battles anyway, assuming its as mod friendly as the first M&B
    All they need to worry about is making the game and sharing a rough release date for us so we know when to go for holidays or pull sickies... haha
  9. couple of little things

There is no point in me tearing a mod apart that I quite enjoy and would like to see continue to improve and get better.
    And I understand things can take many months to implement (I remember impatiently waiting for Gekokujo version 3 for months), If they are being mentioned now then I expect they can take up to a couple of months to sort out, and they may not be as high on the list of priorities as other things...

Beyond the things I all ready asked for there is not much else I can think of.

Just female friendly armours, hair friendly helmets,  bracers, and maybe a little more war.

I just hope that taleworlds* gets it right in M&B2 and has the character as a seperate thing and armour fits onto it, similar to skyrim, an end to the armours having to be textured with arms/legs that don't fit or don't colour right haha  :grin:

EDIT *was paradox
  10. Custom Settlements 0.675 Download & Description & Discussion

Do not let this mod die, it will be awesome when its updated.
  11. Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

Could I ask for more balanced bands of enemies/rebels and lords...

I've just started out again for the third time and the same issue is the initial progression is extremely slow.
    By that I mean gaining renown, when you fight the thieves if you have a band the same size you get 1-2 renown, then on the other end you have the nameless men which are extremely well armoured and equipped.
    My band of freemen are more then competent to kill thieves, but not good enough to kill nameless.

And that brings us onto the EXP of the troops, it is either way to high or earning it is way to low...

I spent the first 50-60 days plodding round raiding thieves and their dens where possible just to a) try to upgrade my warband (I gave up), b) buy a cheap boat to raid with but that ended up going bad because (see above) troop quality...

And then you have lords fielding up to a couple of hundred each while me fielding like 10 is all ready costing a fair bit so it means I can never actually attack them either.

Also if you make a middle ground band of enemies can you also increase their spawn rate...
  12. couple of little things

I actually found them ok'ish...
    The cav was a bit excessive but I assumed it was a mechanic.
    One I counter with hold the line and phalanx then charge

I play with my difficulty settings on the high end and it wasn't too bad, yea I would lose a bit but its not hard to go away and recruit more.

EDIT: I do like the tempo of this game a lot more then viking conquest anyway, which seems to be much more slower to do stuff and harder to build armies.
    Just running round with 60 people on FoW is refreshing to the warband of 5 in VC.
  13. couple of little things

Another quick question, how do I make the game more aggressive?
    Everyone keeps going peace mode and its starting to drain me more then war...  :oops:

I'm serving Athens and their at war with Persia, and I don't have a boat yet haha
  14. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Female high elves please  :grin:

And dark elves need a purple hue to skin  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom