Recent content by mobotium

1. mobotium

Keybinds: Let us bind stab and overhead swings to keys....

Dunno why keybinds would break the game. At most, it would make choosing your blocking/attack directions easier for some people. People used to the current system could just keep using it, since it works perfectly fine. The only reasonable argument I've read here is how you can predict the directions your opponent's swings are comming from due to the small movements necessary for swinging in that direction. This would give players using keybinds a tiny advantage over people using any of the current systems, I guess. I would have to default to the expertise of the superhuman who can actually notice those tiny movements.

Appart from that, this is one of those features that literaly take nothing away from the game. If you don't like it, you could just keep doing whatever you've been doing so far, and for those people that would preffer keybinds for whatever reason, this is just an improvement. I don't see the issue.
  2. mobotium

MP Getting hit while switching weapons cancels the switch

While that might be the intent, in practice it becomes an annoyance that just forces you to die in several situations. Usualy when you press a button, you expect the action that button is bound to to activate, and your brain is literally not wired to expect things to just not do anything because you happened to get hit by some dude right after you switched weapons.

As it stands, this does indeed punish people for poor positioning. It also punishes people for getting randomly hit by a javelin or arrow when trying to switch to a melee weapon to defend themselves from incomming melee combatants, punishes people who get surprise atacked from behind (took too long to switch to melee? Your oponent's attack just canceled your switch), and is ultimately an annoyance by sometimes rendering helpless agains melee combatants if you happen to misjudge a weapon's range and switch too late. It's also a incredibly lame way to die. Numerous times have I been facing some melee enemy while holding a ranged weapon, switched to a melee weapon, got hit by some other enemy / ranged weapon / random horseman / etc, and just gave the enemy a free kill out of sheer confusion on why my blocks were not working.

While I see your argument, if that was indeed the dev's intention, the mechanic is just a terrible way to go about doing that.
  3. mobotium

MP Getting hit while switching weapons cancels the switch

As per the title, if you currently get hit while switching weapons, you simply don't switch weapons. This forces one to click the button / roll the mousewheel again in order to switch weapons, which is a huge pain when wielding any ranged weapon, and sometimes just leads to you being spammed to...
  4. mobotium

Champions of Europe - Country by Country 2

Voted for Maynerd, of course.
  5. mobotium

Portugal Nations Cup 2012 - Inscrições

Im in.

E nao, capitão pode ser o maynd or whatever, nao sou bom a comandar  :cool:
  6. mobotium

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Question: Anyone can tell me were and how would I go to change the generation settings of random scene maps? Furtermore, I'd like to know if its possible to spawn scene_objects around those scenes in random, or fixed, positions. Also, if possible, a way to make the objects that were spawned random, short of like when the game spawns trees.
  7. mobotium

new steam update?

Gerin said:
    mobotium said:
    Gerin said:
    Mount&Blade: Warband Update Released
    Product Update - Valve Dec 8, 2010
    An update to Mount&Blade: Warband has been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
    Gameplay:
    Rhodok Sharpshooters' ironflesh skill has been decreased.
    Sarranid infantry & archers now have jarids added to their inventory.
    Some other minor game balances.
    Fixes:
    Numerous game bugs of all shapes and sizes have been squashed.
    Minor fixes to scripting files.
    Some collision issues fixed.
    Some operations for modders are now "fully operational".
    Other:
    Plenty of new operations and features have been added to aid our amazing mod community.

Ten denars for those who can tell me where I found it.

A 2010´s patch notes from steam news?

Yup.  *cha ching*

Yay!
  8. mobotium

new steam update?

Gerin said:
    Mount&Blade: Warband Update Released
    Product Update - Valve Dec 8, 2010
    An update to Mount&Blade: Warband has been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
    Gameplay:
    Rhodok Sharpshooters' ironflesh skill has been decreased.
    Sarranid infantry & archers now have jarids added to their inventory.
    Some other minor game balances.
    Fixes:
    Numerous game bugs of all shapes and sizes have been squashed.
    Minor fixes to scripting files.
    Some collision issues fixed.
    Some operations for modders are now "fully operational".
    Other:
    Plenty of new operations and features have been added to aid our amazing mod community.

Ten denars for those who can tell me where I found it.

A 2010´s patch notes from steam news?
  9. mobotium

Objects disapearing during edit mode

Actualy, nevermind, I found the prob.
  10. mobotium

Objects disapearing during edit mode

So, I was busy creating some map and stuf, when all objects I placed started disapearing one by onet. From what I can tell, it takes about 2 min for each  object to disapear. The only way arround this I have found till now are either saving the edits before they start disapearing and restart the...
  11. mobotium

Team Portugal NC 2011

Fico sem perceber o que raio é o deus do presunto  :roll:

Anyways, Im in.
  12. mobotium

Portugal Nations Cup Thread (Lvsitania)

VVVVVITÓRIA xDxDxDxDxDxDXDxDxDxD
  13. mobotium

Multiple person editing

It would be much more fun if you could edit maps with a friend or two. I sugest that a feature would be introduced to allow more than one person to use edit mode on a map at the same time. Perhaps some option to allow edit mode in the server config too.
  14. mobotium

Unintentional Extreme Polyandry

AnathemaDevice said:
    I'm playing a female SP character in Warband v1.127 - just pulled up her character screen and noticed to my shock and amusement that every single unmarried lord, regardless of his faction, is listed either as her husband or her son-in-law. Although this was good for a bit of a laugh, I would like to know how to rectify this situation. There's already enough infighting among the nobles of Calradia; no need to give them another reason to brawl endlessly  :razz:

Also, many common types of NPCs have disappeared from my game (tavern keepers, tournament masters, etc.) Is the save file hopelessly corrupt or is there a way to fix this also? Anyone else have either problem with their game?

Screenshot or it didnt happen :p
Back
Top Bottom