Recent content by Marsh

1. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Docm30 said:
    It's ignorant to suggest that it took to the 20th century to discover sanitation was good because it ignores the fact that that's been known since at least antiquity. In the Napoleonic era it was widely known that filth and a lack of sanitation caused disease and infection. The problem was that it wasn't understood why and thus it wasn't known exactly what had to be done to properly sterilise things.

'Germ theory' had been proposed in 1840, but it wasn't really until the late 19th century that it was proven (mainly thanks to Louis Pasteur).

I don't mean to sound overly hostile, but the only way you could find it unbelievable that they didn't discover micro-organisms caused disease sooner is if you have a lack of understanding about how such things are discovered. Germ theory is not a simple or obvious thing and was in fact considered ridiculous when first proposed. It was considered ridiculous because it was such a radical and a difficult to prove theory, not because people were just ignorant.

Don't forget Robert Koch - the Franco-Prussian competition to develop medical knowledge of germs between Koch and Pasteur was what motivated Pasteur to continue!
  2. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Parrot said:
    On the subject of cannons and L'Aigle, I wonder how cannon deployment will work (with the AI controlling the guns and all). I reckon the map will test for cannons in one's army and spawn them in a pre-defined tactical area on the respective side of the map. However, if there is some train mechanic, with which you get to determine the position of the guns to be unlimbered, that would probably boggle my mind...

Or even better not having to limber them at all - of course keep it as an option, but allowing people to move it manually with a speed decrease could be a great feature.
  3. 1st Regiment of Foot Guards

Just to note: We will be continuing on with a Battalion based on L'Aigle as 1st Foot Guards.
  4. 1st Regiment of Foot Guards

The life of the Regiment began in Flanders. At many times in the last 300 years the towns and villages of the Low Countries have been familiar to men of the 1st Guards. They fought in 1658 and again in 1940, against great odds, on the road between Furnes and Dunkirk. Under the great Duke of...
  5. LION Servers

Gonna buy a server tonight, is the holiday offer on?
  6. 80th (Staffordshire Volunteers) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting EU!]

James Grant said:
    I love that picture of the 24th at Isandlwana :wink: though I think there is already an 80th....

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,248019.0.html

Good luck though!

The 80th disbanded  and Janx joined the 90th, Rex joined me and their leader gave up nw
  7. 2nd Queen's Royal Regiment of Foot (Recruiting International)

Hmm ok, gotta keep looking I guess  :oops:
  8. 2nd Queen's Royal Regiment of Foot (Recruiting International)

I'm guessing his regiment is inactive/disbanded? If so I TOOK HE NAME :razz:
  9. NW Completed IIe Corps Tuesday Conquest - NEXT WEEK MAP: Caribbean

Regiment: 85th (Bucks Volunteers) Regiment of Foot
    Numbers: 10-15
    Class: Light Infantry
    Preferred Nation: Great Britain.
  10. 76th (Macdonalds Highlanders) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting NA/EU]

Let's hope you stick with this one Jox :wink:

I suppose I can't talk, lol :p
  11. Good Bye Mr.Lime.

Hope you lads sorted your stuff out :wink:
  12. Let's bring this back!

Get the 5TFF to get playing it again! Link the download to your regiments people! For MM!
  13. Let's bring this back!

In my opinion it's better than NW and should still have a community, after all it's free! Who's with me?
  14. Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

Forming the 84e! Will make a thread tomorrow!
Back
Top Bottom