Recent content by Locke Foreer

1. Locke Foreer

What made you happy today?

Reliving the original M&B beta nostalgia in Bannerlord's early access has been really... nice.
  2. Locke Foreer

Sig-Worthy Quotes MKII

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
    I rate "piss-eyes" as an insult. You did good.
    Man, I was an *******. It's a miracle the only bans I got were for going on drunken spam rampages. **** everyone that got a name change though. I have no idea who anyone is any more.
  3. Locke Foreer

Summarise your 2017 in three words!

File not found.
  4. Locke Foreer

Sig-Worthy Quotes MKII

**** me, nine years later! I wish I was still as funny as the opening post.
  5. Locke Foreer

What did you buy today?

Big Bad Pent said:
    What's a Warband playthrough?
    It's where you expand your faction's territory for 100 hours then give up.
  6. Locke Foreer

What did you buy today?

Recently I spent more money than I've ever spent in my life. For the first time I have the best PC from among my friends when I usually have the worst and am accepting hand-me-down graphics cards and RAM whenever they upgrade. So far I've only enjoyed PUBG, Hellblade and World's Adrift on my new rig, but I should probably go for the Taleworlds dream: an uncapped battle sizes Warband playthrough.
  7. Locke Foreer

What are you reading now?

If you're a fan of the manga Berserk you might be interested to know that the Godhand were named after four science fiction novels: Slan by A.E.van Vogt, Destination Void by Frank Herbert, Ubik by Phillip K. ****, and This Immortal by Roger Zelazny. I've only read Slan so far, which was worth the read. The rest are on my bedside table waiting their turn.

I recently discovered the book Norwegian Wood in a charity shop. I knew nothing about the book or the author, but the cover appealed to me, as did the blurb and the discovery that this was a Japanese novel, translated to English. I've never read a Japanese author before, so I was intrigued what difference there would be, if any, in the writing style and story structure. I wondered if there would be a culture gap that left me bewildered, or if things would translate in a relatable way. When I was as little as a quarter of the way into the book, I was already feeling a sense of sadness. The book so far had felt so special, it was so engrossing, that I was already upset that there was only 3 quarters of the story left. I wanted it to last forever, and the first quarter had flown by far too quick. Just before the half way mark, in increasing panic (an exaggeration but I can't express it any other way), I went online to order more novels by the author. When I finished the book, I was pretty upset. I hadn't been that affected by a book since I was a teen. I highly recommend it, though I might caution against it if you're depressed or worse (it deals with these themes). I can't hear the song Norwegian Wood now, by the Beatles, from which the book gets its name, without a very heavy and romantic feeling of sorrow.

Since that I have read Kafka by the Shore, by the same author, which was excellent though I enjoyed it less. Seems like all Murakami novels deal heavily in magical realism, which for me takes away a little of the significance of the relationships and events in a story (though at least keeps it interesting). And I am now half way through The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, which is probably my second favourite by the author.

I've breezed through all novels by this author, and will be ordering more of his books before I finish this third one. I'll be very sad when I've read everything he has written and have nothing left, when the next search for that special book or author begins again.
  8. Locke Foreer

[Werewolf] Werewolf: Black Death - Daybreak Day 6 - Crypto-flagellants win!

I didn't know I was dead yet so you telling me, and telling me I'm not allowed to say anything, filled me to the brim with salt. So here I am yapping away! Quite exciting developments over the last 10 pages. So much utterly bewildering information and events finally sliding neatly into place. Can't wait to see the confirmation and what my man can accomplish tomorrow. Godspeed hay-mate!
  9. Locke Foreer

That's not what I was getting at, but nevermind. :razz:
  10. Locke Foreer

How ****ing insensitive can you get? YOU'RE dead.

*goes to read*

Btw, Orj, next WW game you play, lemme know. This was kinda fun and I think I'd like to play again some time, but only with a handsome, familiar face alongside me :3
  11. Locke Foreer

I completely forgot about this for the last few days what with my computer monitor breaking and waiting on a new one to arrive! Is there any point me reading up or am I too late? (On borrowed laptop)
  12. Locke Foreer

Let's put more clues in the open. :lol:
  13. Locke Foreer

Man I'm really out of sync with this game, although I'm not really looking for the plague role; without knowing anything about it, I don't know what to look for.

People who haven't been crossed off my no-lynch avoidance shortlist for today:
    - Xardob II
    - Llandy
    - AWdeV

Unfortunately, I don't have a case, and neither does anyone else, on any of these three :I
  14. Locke Foreer

The three I was willing to vote: Phonemelter, Twinkle, Snoopy, I've crossed off my list for today - at leas that's how it is right now. Who's next on the list of candidates? Who hasn't been infected and/or who hasn't been Watch/Lurker voted on the nights in which there were infections? I'm leaning towards Xardob II as my next lynch choice, mostly because the role he took up has been lurking the entire game (but also because he seems to have changed slightly from his previous role, with targeting Lep strongly today.)
  15. Locke Foreer

Leprechaun said:
    Okay, since everyone's version of events seems to be veering towards the person I watched last night being an infector, I'm gonna jump in at this point.

I watched Snoopy last night - partly because she'd been drifting on and off the radar, partly because she sometimes didn't make sense, and partly to check for the Adaham double-bluff everyone's proposing - and she did nothing. Not an infector.

Now, Xardob's right - it doesn't rule out a day-power like room-locking, but if it's an infector you're hunting I can confidently say that Snoopy ain't one.
    The infection is not a physical action, it may not require leaving one's room. However there doesn't seem much point in the Watch role if it doesn't give a single clue when used on a villain which acted on that night. It does seem to be our substitute for a Seer role after all.
Back
Top Bottom