Recent content by Lionheart2

1. Less cavalry

Well that makes sense... I was talking more about him getting rid of horses. Plus I wanted to drop that rhyme  :cool:
  2. Less cavalry

jacobhinds said:
    That's a poor workaround. Poor workarounds make for dissatisfying gameplay. Instead of tackling the causes at the surface, it's much better to deal with the root of the problem as far as is possible (ideally we'd rewrite the AI, but the furthest we can go is dealing with bloated horse armour values).

Multiplying the damage done would also have adverse effects depending on the damage setting the player's using. On normal damage they could end up losing their armoured horse to a single arrow.
    Well maybe you could use a script that halves the armor of the horse or something like that. I agree it is a "workaround" but face some facts: Mount and Blade Warband is a game built on workarounds by the devs that requires workarounds by modders to work around those workarounds. So that's why I've moved on to Project Zomboid. For now, at least.
  3. Less cavalry

True. But a script that multiplies AI damage to armored horses could easily mitigate that.

Edit ~ by 1.5 or so. It could be conditional to not apply to lances or pikes
  4. Less cavalry

Well firstly I think it is horrible that you REMOVED some armored horses... Just becauses your huscarls got trampled (or whatever infantry you use). If you want to mak the AI armies have less calvary I would go with changing the reinforcement parties. And you can't nerf calvary too much, the Khergits already suck in vanilla and crap horses would just make them worse.
  5. Less cavalry

Make spear bracing a thing, reduce the health of (faster?) horses, reduce the speed of warhorses, increase the price of horses and horsemen. That's what I would do.
  6. LSP Kit Campaign KAOS Political KIT 1.5 Updated

lazeras said:
    Shadowtim3 said:
    I am kinda curious on if someone made it a playable module yet or even how to merge modules. This does seem like an awesome concept but I'm not very adept at making modules or even merging modules.
    Uploaded a compiled version with Diplomacy 4.1 , copy the native folder under modules and rename it then extract the compiled zip into this directory over writing all files. see the download page on the first post.

Why 4.1? I'm sure you have your reasons but 4.2 is out there and easy to get.
  7. OSP Code SP 1 vs 1 Tournament

Efe Karacar said:
    What, OSPs should exist of course. Don't agree with him just for its sake, read before writing.

@Well, actually I get paid to mod; least I used to. Brytenwalda also get paid, Donkey Crew are about to get paid for their modding qualifications as well (aka Melee Battlegrounds), Mount&Musket team got paid as well. Not to mention the other solo modders, which I will not give their name.

So, yea. You get paid. Else, you are a hobbyist.

Interesting... who pays you? I know the Brytenwalda devs got paid for Viking Conquest, but who else pays for mods???

Edit: I would like to get in on this. I am sorry about the accusations
  8. B Info Module System Tidbit Tuesday: Stochastic Triggers

Interesting. I was already planning to drastically increase randomization in Reborn, and now I know that it increases performance as well.  :grin:
  9. OSP Code SP 1 vs 1 Tournament

jacobhinds said:
    The many hours i over the past year I spent trying to get poorly explained codes to work did nothing but frustrate me. I didn't suddenly understand what slots were by banging my head against the table because the thread author didn't explain where to put a constant. I learned the way everyone else did, by reading the existing native module and previous threads. The existence of large overhauls like diplomacy (many of the tweaks I'd have gotten round to doing anyway) and motomataru's formation mod haven't made me go "oh well, that's all that can be achieved in that area". I've made countless changes to both.

Wishing diplomacy had never been shared is quite selfish. Most of the tweaks made are minor things for convenience; several thousand hours of going through the code and eliminating bugs and annoying "features" found in native. I don't know about you, but i think it's arrogant to subject other modders to such an amount of tedious code combing. If a new modder then wants to make a generic clone mod with diplomacy, freelancer and pbod, he's welcome to do so. Nobody's going to play it and nobody loses out.

Heck, if somebody took my mod and re-released it as his own with a single tweak, i can't see what the problem would be. I'm modding because i want to make a damn mod, not to get bogged down in abstract interpretations of "community" or to engage in an endless game of one-upmanship with other modders. OSPs are just things a modder feels like sharing, any other interpretation is needless abstraction.

Mod for innovation if you want, but actively wishing tedious frustration on other poeple is silly. For most people this is a hobby that takes up enough time as it is.

I agree with Jacobhinds, and I think its funny that you are arguing that OSPs shouldn't exist on an OSP board Sorry I've now seen all of the posts you have made on OSPs  :???:
    You don't get paid to mod. people should collaborate as much as possible to make modding easier so that we all can have time to make a living.
  10. OSP Code MP Simple Bayonet Script

Could one use this to make a bow or crossbow switch to a arrow or bolt melee weapon? Like, in LOTR when Legolas stabs orcs with his arrows.
  11. SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] The War of the Five Kings (a Game of Thrones Mod for M&B:Warband (WIP))

Hopefully all of the competition brings out the best in this mod. I have a negative opinion on Game of Thrones but I do support new modders through and through. so good luck.
  12. SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] The War of the Five Kings (a Game of Thrones Mod for M&B:Warband (WIP))

Game of Thrones is lame. We don't need another mod for it.

I read the first book and it sucked majorly.
  13. LSP Kit Campaign KAOS Political KIT 1.5 Updated

Reus said:
    Lionheart2 said:
    1) Make it possible for players and NPCs to have children in-game. These children could become soldiers, Lords, Ladies, etc.
    You'd probably have to tweak aging a bit, and that may or may not take a while to do.

Apart from that, you might have to create a female child and male child as "gender" types. Then you'd need new models, textures and so o.n

I see what you are thinking... but it would be code-based, not like that. So you would have a kid (or kids) and you would be able to "raise" him/her through a menu. Then, when the children of you, Lords, and Kings come of age, a new NPC will be spawned with the child's name.
Back
Top Bottom