Recent content by Kynes

1. SP Modern Mauser!

might wanna adjust the scale on the rifles in the next version too if that's possible.

scaleissue9mc.jpg

Also, Merry Christmas
  2. SP Modern Mauser!

Those rifles are awesome. Phenomenal work in such a short space of time- if you'd said you were introducing WWII rifles to M&B I'd have just rolled my eyes- I'd be less cynical if there were more modders like you.

Also, I envy your collection and, to a lesser extent, your countries' firearms laws.

Keep up the great work.

Quick question tho- how do I get the gunshot sound effects? they don't seem to have replaced the stock crossbow release even after I re-installed. . .

Edit: scratch that- have to use the link on the first page and not just the update- might wanna put all the files on the first post.
  3. ~The Hundred Years War Mod (v4.0) for M&B 0.751~ (former thread)

nice work fellas, I have to point out though- that font is not meant for in-game messages on the battlemap or the world map. Save it for titles and find something a little more readable.

also, in some respects the original swadian and vaigir knights are more authentic looking in that their armour/weaponry/horses are variable. The english and french knights are identical- even the original black knights had different helmets and weapons.

Just a thought.

Also it looks like you've outfitted your men with the best equipment and horses. With that in mind, how are the battles? I can imagine it might get a bit 'messy' if the original armour values are retained.
  4. Fast and fun combat

You should be able to use a lot of weapons with the shield up. Swords will only have two attacks available, thrust and overhand (overhand for the swords without thrust). Short blades and spears can be used with the shield raised too. Spears should do more damage and short blades should be faster and have thrust only.

I like all those ideas.

Shields will protect their own area only, whether they are raised or not.

I'm not too sure about this. It might unbalance things quite severely. Maybe just reduce the invisible 'edges' of the shield slightly. At higher levels I can drop arrows on soldiers that have just spawned- if they weren't completely shielded they'd have a snowball's chance in hell.

But definitely shields should be weaker and the bonus against shields should be noticeable.
  5. Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

could you change the slushy blood spatter sound to ka-thump of a boby hitting the ground.

The blood spatter noise seems sort of out of place anyway.
  6. More sounds and French traduction

Please do.

It might be a bit too early to find tutorials for what you're talking about but get in touch with Arbalest via PM and he might be able to point you in the right direction.

It would be cool just to have ambient forest sounds and a bit more noise from the combatants during the battles.

Also, your english is a lot better than my French so I wouldn't worry too much.
  7. Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

Damn nice work. I always thought the sounds could do with some improvement.

Two-handed sword deep clang sounds more like someone dropping a lead bar. Make that sound a little more high-pitched. Bow sound could be toned down same as whizz-by. Maybe just lower the volume of the whizz-by a bit.

Other than that; great job. The death rattle from some of those bandits is genuinely sickening. . .I love it.
  8. Battle winning cheer

just more noise in general wouldn't go astray.

People randomly yelling or yelling when the get a charge order or grunting when they deliver a hit or block succesfully. Just with few shouts and yells from each person and the battles would actually sound like a battle.
  9. Raz's custom models

actually between the grime on your textures and the matt colour of the steel it looks very authentic already.

If it wouldn't be too much effort it'd be nice have that common helm rounded out a bit with a steel 'brim' added to make the english war hat.

http://www.weaponsemporium.com/WE-Kingdom of Heaven Crusaders.htm*

Granted it's almost the same as the kettle hat that's already in the game but diversity is always a good thing.

Say what you will about hollywood and its tenuous grasp of history but they sure make some nice costumes.
  10. Raz's custom models

damn, those are gorgeous.

The renders alone impressed me but the fact that you fellas managed to import it and everything is beyond cool.
  11. .710 Combat crashing

Yeah, I've had it happen in the same 'battle' (same set of opponents* different battlefields) about half a dozen times in a row. It doesn't seem to be dependant on my character's actions as I've had it happen while I had my finger off the trigger so to speak.

CTD seems to coincide with an NPC being injured (and the blood appearing) but as the player character is the one doing most of the injuring it seems like you're causing it most of the time.

To take a wild stab in the dark (heh, pun) I'd say it might have to do with having too many blood 'stains' on the characters.

*Vagir Raiders

Also; the new version is about ten different shades of awesome, keep up the good work.

Edit: oh wow I didn't see the .711 update- quick work, very impressive.
  12. Remaking of the terrain

The terrain could do with a little tweaking (perhaps just by getting rid of those small mounds that crop up in the mountainous battlemaps) but what I find with these threads is that people suggest ways the terrain could be changed to suit their playing style.

That aint cool folks.

If you're an archer and you want a clear field of fire then try to fight in the open, if you're an army of cavalry then avoid the forests and mountains etc etc.

You shouldn't be able to dominate the battlefield every time, luck of the draw fellas.
  13. A hero needs a cape

also unless you spent a lot of time animating your cloak it's just gonna sit there stiffly like you put too much starch in your washing. Not very fetching for your prospective hero.
  14. .710 Blocking System

I heartily endorse this suggestion.

brilliant0wj.jpg
  15. Troop Formations!

Wow I wish I could dream dreams like that! In the rare times that I actually remember a dream I'm usually just robbing a bank with some actor I saw on television or a movie . The best one was with me and Lee Majors. I wouldn't rat him out.

10 points for non-sequitur. I laughed.

To actually contribute. Either expand the AI so archers don't put arrows through each other's heads or have a few rudimentary formations.
Back
Top Bottom