Recent content by Kuba

1. SoD V5.0 Beta 1 Bug List

Try 7zip.
  2. SoD V5.0 Beta 1 Bug List

Bug confirmed and will be fixed in beta 2.

Happy now?  :grin:
  3. SoD V5.0 Beta 1 Bug List

Nice bug. Looks like dividing by zero :smile:. I'll check that.
  4. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - V5.0 BETA_1 DOWNLOAD

No, it's not save game compatible.
  5. Out of battle AI

The AI changes include party strength calculation, so they'll act differently on the map.
  6. How to extract/lock-up issue

7z is an open source compression format. We choose it because it's one of the best compression algorithm and SoD is a really big mod.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7z
  7. Out of battle AI

There are three map AI's to choose from:
    -native AI
    -Twan's improved AI
    -kt0's AI

You can change it anytime from the settings menu (it's in reports section).
  8. SoD Version 5.0 Update

BetrayTheWorld said:
    *wishes he knew how long it took to finish coding a single quest*
    Less than 24 hours :smile:

ATTENTION, PLAYERS !

SoD 5.0 alpha 1 has just been released.
  9. [v4.6][P#8] Beta testers needed

Using firewall, proxy or something?
  10. random increase in relation

It's conncted to the badboy feature.  I guess it works like "the enemy of my enemy...".
  11. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

600-700 MB
  12. Roman Troops

SoD v5.0 is currently frozen, meaning we won't add any new features apart from the ones that we've already started to implement. MorrisB is already working on the key dialogs, but you can always write some random texts for guards and walkers in mercenary bases. Here's the complete list of these:

Code:
    #random mercenary texts (in-base)

#Black_Army
    #Fresh Blade/Line Keeper/Line Supporter/Line Crusher
    ("sod_random_mt1_1", "What are you looking at?"),
    ("sod_random_mt1_2", "This is a good job. I can explore the world, meet with interesting people and kill them..."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_3", "The payment is lousy, but I don't mind as long as I'm on the winning side..."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_4", "I wanna' go home to my mommy... that is, if I had my home and mom left..."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_5", "Our wages aren't the best, but commander Matias ensures fine food portions and good equipment. Maybe it's better this way."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_6", "I like horses, but not what we have to clean up in the stables..."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_7", "The veterans have lots of stories to tell... but I don't believe a word if it."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_8", "The Black Army has soldiers from all over the world, from the Empire of Antaria to the Khergit Khanate. It's simply amazing! And even more amazing is that they can actually work together."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_9", "It's utterly fascinating what can engineers of different backgrounds work out together. Just recently, they invented a new weapon called 'Pistol'. I can't wait to see it in use !"),
    ("sod_random_mt1_10", "General Matias Corves has no tolerance for disobedience."),
    ("sod_random_mt1_11", "Captain Mogar Blasius once had me placed in the stocks for three days for breaking formation.  I guess I am lucky they did not hire a Tormentor."),
    #Ravager/Assaulter/Iron Guard/Ironside
    ("sod_random_mt2_1", "10 years here means lots of experience. For example, did you know that manflesh tastes like chicken?"),
    ("sod_random_mt2_2", "You wouldn't believe how desperate people can get during fighting. Last time someone threw a pile of poo on my head during a siege..."),
    ("sod_random_mt2_3", "First rule of combat: be always prepared. LOOK OUT! ...didn't fall for it?  Good!  That's promising!  Keep it up!"),
    ("sod_random_mt2_4", "Want to see my trophy collection?"),
    ("sod_random_mt2_5", "A horse kicked me once... it hurt..."),
    ("sod_random_mt2_6", "Yesterday I found a horseshoe. I threw it behind me to bring me luck, but a sergeant just happened to be there..."),
    ("sod_random_mt2_7", "I never say 'ni'!"),
    ("sod_random_mt2_8", "Aden or Swadia... all the same. Self-absorbed nobles with more power than they deserve, but no guts to fight."),
    ("sod_random_mt2_9", "We are badass, witty, and cool as hell!  No wonder everyone hates us."),
    ("sod_random_mt2_10", "We have survived everything. But no-one has survived us."),
    ("sod_random_mt2_11", "I spoke with a Swadian footman assigned to our company not long ago, and I thought my pay was bad..."),
    #Raven Captain
    ("sod_random_mt3_1", "I'd demand an early retirement if I could..."),
    ("sod_random_mt3_2", "Just because I'm old doesn't mean I can't kick the rookies around."),
    ("sod_random_mt3_3", "None of the recruits believes my stories... just wait 'till they get as old as me, and none of the future recruits will believe anything they say! Ha, the circle of life..."),
    ("sod_random_mt3_4", "The medic said I have health problems... hell yeah! 20 years spent in bloody battlefields, among mountains of corpses, rivers of blood and other deep ****, and he actually expects me to be healthy?!"),
    ("sod_random_mt3_5", "I may be an old wreck, but my sword arm is still fast enough to deal with the local scum."),
    ("sod_random_mt3_6", "We used to fight against the Legion itself, you know! And I tell ya, they aren't so great. One time during a battle, their Centurion ordered an all-out assault, and his troops started running backwards..."),
    ("sod_random_mt3_7", "Not every Captain receives a flintlock, you have to earn your pistol."),
    ("sod_random_mt3_8", "The flintlocks are more of a novelty item than anything.  I was in battle during a light rain and mine became nothing more than a very short club."),
    ("sod_random_mt3_9", "The damage and accuracy are minimal, but it sure is fun to watch a fresh blade piss his pants when you fire over their head!"),
    ("sod_random_mt3_10", "So are we riding out soon?"),

#Conquistadors
    #Footman/Swordsman/Pikeman/Crossbowman
    ("sod_random_mt4_1", "I had my doubts when I joined, but the Conquistadors are really fine folks."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_2", "The older members are good soldiers but don't have a good fashion sense if you ask me..."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_3", "If I had the chance, I'd visit Vesapnia, the land the elder soldiers speak of."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_4", "...so I complained about the size of our shields and asked why we use such tiny things instead of round or kite shields. Then the sergeant whacked me with his buckler and said: 'THAT'S WHY !'..."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_5", "This armor and weaponry is fascinating! See, I was apprentice at a blacksmith once and I can say the Conquistadors' forging methods are very efficient yet high-quality."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_6", "Saint Malo... hah, surely ! No matter how much I pray, he won't raise my salary..."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_7", "The castle walls may not look strong, but they are fortified with local beach sand.  As strong as stone!"),
    ("sod_random_mt4_8", "The men in the castle graveyard sacrificed their lives so that we would survive the wreck of 1254.  They are forever honored."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_9", "Saint Malo is very sentimental, but do not confuse that as a sign of weakness."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_10", "I cannot confirm this, and you did not hear it from me, but I think General Malo and Lieutenant Agnessa have a thing going on."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_11", "Lieutenant Agnessa may be a Native Calradian, but the way she fights, I would swear she was from Vesapnia."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_12", "Some men cannot take orders in battle from a woman like the Lieutenant, but when that woman can stick a bolt in your head from 60 yards out, it makes things easier."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_13", "Saint Malo was never born, he just got tired of wearing his mother."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_14", "General Malo does not sweat. He forces the air around him to cry and uses it's tears to cool himself."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_15", "Saint Malo does not read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_16", "They once made a Saint Malo toilet paper, the problem is, it would not take **** from anybody."),
    ("sod_random_mt4_17", "Saint Malo sleeps with a torch light. Not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of our Saint."),
    #Rodeleros/Tercio Pikemen/Seasoned Crossbowman/Lancer
    ("sod_random_mt5_1", "Fancy clothes, aye?"),
    ("sod_random_mt5_2", "War, corruption, filth... ah, just like home."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_3", "Hm... I wonder if Malo's mate, Admiral Cortez had more success with the expedition..."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_4", "Even if we hadn't shipwrecked, none of us want to go back to Vesapnia. It's better here."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_5", "General Malo is a living saint, I tell you!  He turned a shipwreck into good fortune."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_6", "If only we had brought more horses from Vesapnia... but true, we had more than enough trouble with their seasickness in the first place..."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_7", "When I signed for the expedition in Vesapnia, I thought we were going to conquer something instead of delivering trade goods. Ironic, isn't it ?"),
    ("sod_random_mt5_8", "General Malo ordered his command ship, the Angela de la Mar, to be pulled from the rocks and displayed in honor of fallen soldiers.  It is located right over there."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_9", "There is not a man in this company General Malo would not give his life to save.  Ironically, that is why he is still alive."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_10", "When the devil goes to sleep, he checks under his bed for Saint Malo."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_11", "General Malo died 20 years ago, Death just has not built up the courage to tell him yet."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_12", "General Malo is so persuasive, he convinced a mirror he wasn't there."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_13", "The only time Saint Malo made a mistake was when he thought he made a mistake."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_14", "Saint Malo was once bitten by a serpent........ After three days of pain and agony ..................the snake died."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_15", "Saint Malo brought a knife to a bow fight, and won."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_16", "General Malo is actually 1/8th Elephant Guard.  This has nothing to do with ancestry; the man ate a dam tribesman."),
    ("sod_random_mt5_17", "One time while dueling a Lancer, Saint Malo accidentally lost his left testicle.  You might be familiar with it to this very day by its technical term, Jupiter."),

#Elephant Guard
    #Tribesman/Fighter/Warrior/Champion
    ("sod_random_mt6_1", "Enemies cannot frighten me!"),
    ("sod_random_mt6_2", "I have scars to earn!"),
    ("sod_random_mt6_3", "Crossing the mountains costed many lives, but it had to be so to prove our worth to the Spirits... I think."),
    ("sod_random_mt6_4", "The northern people are all so strange to me... of course, for them we are probably just as strange..."),
    ("sod_random_mt6_5", "I'm puzzled by the ways of the Khergits. I thought riding animals is an evil act, but it seems the Horse Spirit doesn't mind if they use his children as mounts..."),
    ("sod_random_mt6_6", "After the initiation ceremony, the shaman said I was a man. But my wife disagreed..."),
    ("sod_random_mt6_7", "When you speak with High Priestess Khepri, note how her existance is a balance of wisdom, beauty and strength."),
    ("sod_random_mt6_8", "Head outside the gate to the village later, I am cooking wild boar."),
    ("sod_random_mt6_9", "We have a few master stone masons in camp."),
    ("sod_random_mt6_10", "Perhaps we can train together in the arena one day..."),
    #Spearman/Penetrator
    ("sod_random_mt7_1", "Almost all of our weapons used to be made of wood and bones until the Khergits taught us metalworks."),
    ("sod_random_mt7_2", "Don't worry, we ate the last cannibals decades ago."),
    ("sod_random_mt7_3", "Aim is critical in every act. I prefer aiming straight to the heart, both in battle and love."),
    ("sod_random_mt7_4", "The shamans say I'll have a red-haired son who will sell tasteless food at large..."),
    ("sod_random_mt7_5", "While we honor our ancestors, it was a wise choice to leave Ubum-Izwe and the old ways behind. Now Sessar can rot in the wasteland he created."),
    ("sod_random_mt7_6", "We are prideful hunters."),
    ("sod_random_mt7_7", "The sacred temple is buried deep underground.  We would be honored to have royalty pray with us."),
    ("sod_random_mt7_8", "Ancient magical relics are stored inside the temple under the idol of our God."),
    #Battle Shaman
    ("sod_random_mt8_1", "All things are bound together"),
    ("sod_random_mt8_2", "One finger cannot live without the rest of the hand."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_3", "I commune with the Spirits."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_4", "Balance is the key."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_5", "Sometimes the sickle and spear are required to achieve balance and order."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_6", "I have healed as many men as I have killed."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_7", "Death is a part of life. It maintains the balance of the world."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_8", "The great Elephant may have passed from this world, but he still guides us."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_9", "Unakozi watches over us, we watch over the princess."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_10", "If you donate a valuable item in the altars chest, the Elephant God will reward you."),
    ("sod_random_mt8_11", "Some tribesmen think it is a duty to guard, but they are wrong, it is an honor."),

#Jotnar Clan
    #Armsman
    ("sod_random_mt9_1", "Ehh, women..."),
    ("sod_random_mt9_2", "Why do men always get the dirty jobs?!"),
    ("sod_random_mt9_3", "Talk about equal rights..."),
    ("sod_random_mt9_4", "When I get older, I'll just step off and join one the Nord bands."),
    ("sod_random_mt9_5", "Like my clothes? I made them myself!"),
    #Volva/Shield Maiden/Valkyrie:
    ("sod_random_mt10_1", "Ehh, men..."),
    ("sod_random_mt10_2", "I train every day so I'll be just as great as the heroines of old!"),
    ("sod_random_mt10_3", "I long to see the world..."),
    ("sod_random_mt10_4", "See this shield? My husband made it for me! Isn't it nice?"),
    ("sod_random_mt10_5", "What I lack in muscles, I make up by other factors... hey, what's with that look?!"),
    ("sod_random_mt10_6", "I've heard that apart from our settlement, every realm is male-dominant! I can't believe it! What has become of the world?!"),
    ("sod_random_mt10_7", "Did you know that some of our ancestors were in close relation with the Swadian royal family?  Now you can figure why they had warrior queens at a time..."),
    ("sod_random_mt10_8", "I'm not sure if allying with Ragnar was a fine idea. Sure, the Nords are like our brother-nation, but now we aren't allowed to travel anywhere except where the Nords want to expand their borders."),
    #Jarl/Axe Thrower
    ("sod_random_mt11_1", "With valor comes honor!"),
    ("sod_random_mt11_2", "Could use some beer..."),
    ("sod_random_mt11_3", "We could duel once if ye' feel like it!"),
    ("sod_random_mt11_4", "Before we met the Nords, the men usually stayed behind in the settlement.  Now, we all get our share of fun!  Arr!"),
    ("sod_random_mt11_5", "...so the Looter said: 'You better not be a manhunta' !', and I was like: 'Well, actually I'm much worse.'..."),
    ("sod_random_mt11_6", "We, the Jotnars like axes really much. A fine axe can be useful in almost every situation. Chopping wood and heads is but two of its many uses..."),
    #Disir/Einherjar
    ("sod_random_mt12_1", "This world brought me much grief. I intend to repay that debt."),
    ("sod_random_mt12_2", "...so there was a Sea Raider, yelling: 'Less talking, more maiming !' And I said: 'That can be arranged.'..."),
    ("sod_random_mt12_3", "I'm a child of Fenrir... soon, my enemies will know it."),
    ("sod_random_mt12_4", "One day I shall exact harsh vengeance."),
    ("sod_random_mt12_5", "During the full moon, I howl along with the wolves."),
    ("sod_random_mt12_6", "...what do you mean by 'lycantrophy'?"),
    ("sod_random_mt12_7", "Eye for eye, period. And I don't care if it makes the world blind."),
    #Norn Mistress
    ("sod_random_mt13_1", "I see with purpose... and I can see right through you."),
    ("sod_random_mt13_2", "The future is clouded and uncertain."),
    ("sod_random_mt13_3", "What you just think of is not going to happen."),
    ("sod_random_mt13_4", "It is easy to bow before others; to be unbound is noble, but hard."),
    ("sod_random_mt13_5", "Fenrir favors those who walk their own road."),
    ("sod_random_mt13_6", "You have many perils awaiting on your path."),

#Serpent Host
    #Kapikulu
    ("sod_random_mt14_1", "Huh?"),
    ("sod_random_mt14_2", "What is it?"),
    ("sod_random_mt14_3", "There's much work to do."),
    ("sod_random_mt14_4", "(Sigh)..."),
    ("sod_random_mt14_5", "My knees hurt..."),
    ("sod_random_mt14_6", "Will the work never end?"),
    #Cemaat
    ("sod_random_mt15_1", "I don't know what's worse: working as a Kapikulu or fighting as a Cemaat. Man..."),
    ("sod_random_mt15_2", "I have to clean my weapons every day... it's tiresome..."),
    ("sod_random_mt15_3", "I always try to stay at the last lines in battle..."),
    ("sod_random_mt15_4", "Our numbers grow each passing day, much to the Khanate's dismay."),
    ("sod_random_mt15_5", "I love this work. Kindred people, sane rules, good boss... if only we didn't have to actually fight..."),
    ("sod_random_mt15_6", "Couldn't we just live in peace?"),
    ("sod_random_mt15_7", "I have been learning how to fish.  It is a relaxing break."),
    ("sod_random_mt15_8", "They say grass is greener on other side, well that is definitely true here.  This land is beautiful compared to my rocky homeland."),
    #Athanatoi
    ("sod_random_mt16_1", "No lack of courage!"),
    ("sod_random_mt16_2", "One day, we shall take back what belonged to us."),
    ("sod_random_mt16_3", "Our cause is just, and the payment is high."),
    ("sod_random_mt16_4", "My name means 'immortal'. Too bad it isn't working..."),
    ("sod_random_mt16_5", "I wanted to be a Sipahi or a Timariot, but the horse always threw me off..."),
    ("sod_random_mt16_6", "It is strange working alongside the Rhodoks... in the past, they were enemies just like now the Khanate."),
    ("sod_random_mt16_7", "I dare you to jump into the moat from the platform located at the top of the castles rear gate tower."),
    ("sod_random_mt16_8", "Watch your back when speaking to Lord Beyh Sukbathar, there are at least 20 Athanatoi snipers in firing range at all times."),
    #Akinci/Timariot/Sipahi/Cataphract
    ("sod_random_mt17_1", "My brethren and me are serpents, swift and deadly."),
    ("sod_random_mt17_2", "Our hissing blades will silence the Khan's lackeys."),
    ("sod_random_mt17_3", "We escaped from the Khanate, but remained true Khergits in heart."),
    ("sod_random_mt17_4", "I hate the heavy armors and shields, but it's a necessity nowadays."),
    ("sod_random_mt17_5", "We and the Rhodoks don't always understand each other, but nevertheless we get along pretty well."),
    ("sod_random_mt17_6", "Our battles with the Swadians proved to be a valuable experience when we formed the heavy cavalry branch of the Serpent Host."),
    ("sod_random_mt17_7", "We have hundreds, no, thousands of fine steeds! Can you imagine the mess at the stables?!"),
    ("sod_random_mt17_8", "Stupid... helmet... I can't take off this thing...!"),
    ("sod_random_mt17_9", "Most of the time, it is just friends that come through the back gate."),
    ("sod_random_mt17_10", "I hear the man hanging from the back gate you entered at murdered Lord Beyh Sukbathar's family.  The actual hanging was the merciful part of his death.  No one dares take him down."),
    #Basilisk Knight
    ("sod_random_mt18_1", "(Omnious stare.)"),
    ("sod_random_mt18_2", "(Looks at you as if you were an idiot.)"),
    ("sod_random_mt18_3", "(Hums and looks questioning.)"),
    ("sod_random_mt18_4", "(Glimpses at you, then turns away in disgust.)"),
    ("sod_random_mt18_5", "(His glare is so dreadful that most men would piss themselves.)"),

#Slavers
    #Slave - male
    ("sod_random_mt19_1", "Purchase me and allow me to fight for my freedom!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19_2", "I was one day late with the denars, but hey, gimme' a break!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19_3", "Everyone makes mistakes, but come on!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19_4", "I am not supposed to be here.  I had a familiy."),
    ("sod_random_mt19_5", "I ran away once, but they had horses..."),
    ("sod_random_mt19_6", "This is a bad dream, right... right...?!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19_7", "Uhh, my head... Tormenting tools?  Chains?  Evil men?  I knew I should have quit smoking that stuff..."),
    ("sod_random_mt19_8", "Help me!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19_9", "It is so dam hot in here.  I want out!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19_10", "I am actually a great gambler, I just have bad judgment."),
    ("sod_random_mt19_11", "If you would have asked me if she was worth it a year ago, I would have said yes..."),
    #Slave - hero
    ("sod_random_mt19H_1", "I have powerful friends."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_2", "That sadistic lunatic over there cut out my eye and stepped on it."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_3", "Can you please help me?"),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_4", "I was taken, beaten, and tortured for helping the ransom brokers."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_5", "I do not have money, but I can introduce you to some of my old friends."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_6", "If I ever get out of here, I am going to kill that guard."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_7", "So what, I helped some runaway slaves find their way home through the brokers.  I paid them a fair price."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_8", "The Slavers are nothing more than crimials the nobles turn a blind eye to in exchange for denars."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_9", "If only I could reach that mace on the wall..."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_10", "These locks are not overly difficult to pick, I'd rather die fighting, than rot here."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_11", "I can fight, but I havn't ate good for 3 winters.  I need help."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_12", "That Slaver Chief drinks himself to a stupor every night.  And he is no jolly drunk."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_13", "Hanging from the ceiling is great compared to being lowered into that cell beneath me."),
    ("sod_random_mt19H_14", "One day I will have my revenge."),
    #Slave - female
    ("sod_random_mt19F_1", "I can cook and clean, among other things..."),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_2", "What exactly are you staring at?"),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_3", "I have two children somewhere in Calradia"),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_4", "I am not supposed to be here."),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_5", "I need out of here."),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_6", "I may be with child."),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_7", "That man over there is pure evil."),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_8", "Help me!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_9", "All I did was refuse a lords advances!"),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_10", "The rats are not even the worst part about this place."),
    ("sod_random_mt19F_11", "I know you are busy, thank you for keeping me company."),
    #Henchman/Slave Driver/Hunter/Crusher/Master
    ("sod_random_mt20_1", "Mind yer own business!"),
    ("sod_random_mt20_2", "Get lost!"),
    ("sod_random_mt20_3", "What? I don't know, and I don't care!"),
    ("sod_random_mt20_4", "I do some work on the side as well.  Look for me and some of my boys in the tavern later."),
    ("sod_random_mt20_5", "Leave me alone!"),
    ("sod_random_mt20_6", "Going legit is more trouble than it's worth..."),
    ("sod_random_mt20_7", "Without us, society would collapse."),
    ("sod_random_mt20_8", "Laws are meant to be broken."),
    ("sod_random_mt20_9", "Lowly people like us prove the faliure of the current educational, economical, and political system!"),
    ("sod_random_mt20_10", "What?  We all have to eat to live."),
    #Tormentor
    ("sod_random_mt21_1", "I choose this job because I like to deal with people..."),
    ("sod_random_mt21_2", "I wanted to be a doctor but couldn't afford the education..."),
    ("sod_random_mt21_3", "The screams, howls, shrieks and shouts... I can't get them out of my head! It's so relaxing..."),
    ("sod_random_mt21_4", "I enjoy doing naughy things to chained, defenseless people... especially women..."),
    ("sod_random_mt21_5", "Pain is an art. I'm an artist. And my boss is a Maecenas, truly..."),
    ("sod_random_mt21_6", "Ha ha, I caught the little one over there."),
    ("sod_random_mt21_7", "This work makes me hungry."),
    ("sod_random_mt21_8", "There is more product through the door over there, but we keep our best product out front for special guests."),

#Boar Clan
    #Boar Clan Warrior and Veteran Warriors
    ("bc_random_warrior1_1", "Warlord Akeem Olaju may trust you, but I do not."),
    ("bc_random_warrior1_2", "I will be watching you."),
    ("bc_random_warrior1_3", "A tusk rider we followed once hired us out to bandits and thugs.  That night we slit his throat and gutted the scum in their sleep!"),
    ("bc_random_warrior1_4", "If you live like a bandit you will die like one."),
    ("bc_random_warrior1_5", "The Boar Clan will defend the grains of sand in the desert to the last drop of our blood."),
    ("bc_random_warrior1_6", "And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."),
    #Boar Clan Riders and Veteran Riders
    ("bc_random_rider1_1", "Sure horses are faster and more maneuverable, but they are mindless beasts."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_2", "Can your horse survive weeks without water?"),
    ("bc_random_rider1_3", "Never get to attached to your camel.  You never know the day you may have to eat it."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_4", "A camel is a horse designed by a committee."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_5", "Tomorrow, sell your camel and buy a horse.  Camels are traitorous: they walk thousands of paces and never seem to tire.  Then suddenly, they kneel and die.  But horses tire bit by bit.  You always know how much you can ask of them, and when it is they are about to die."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_6", "Horses are predictably unpredictable."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_7", "Being born in a stable does not make one a horse."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_8", "It is not enough for a man to know how to ride; he must know how to fall."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_9", "A horse is dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle."),
    ("bc_random_rider1_10", "If your camel says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong."),
    #Boar Clan Tusk Riders (Elites)
    ("bc_random_elite1_1", "We ride in first to disrupt the ranks.  The camel riders will follow and target archers to allow our melee troops to close in and finish the job."),
    ("bc_random_elite1_2", "We have very few horses in camp, they are hard to maintain this far out in the desert."),
    ("bc_random_elite1_3", "It is tradition we do not use saddles on horseback but there are other reasons.  Without a saddle we can fire longer bows and fire at different angles faster."),
    ("bc_random_elite1_4", "If you want a stable friendship, get a horse."),
    ("bc_random_elite1_5", "Horses - if the Creator made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself."),
    ("bc_random_elite1_6", "Men are generally more careful of the Breed of their Horses and Camels than of their Children."),
    ("bc_random_elite1_7", "A camel may be man's best friend, but the horse wrote history."),
    ("bc_random_elite1_8", "A Horseman should know neither fear, nor anger."),
    #Boar Clansmen (Recruits)
    ("bc_random_recruit1_1", "To me, you are all Northerners."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_2", "There are great cities farther South, but you will never reach them on horseback."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_3", "Soon I will need to decide on whether to fight from foot or from camel."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_4", "The Boar Clan follows a code of conduct and honor.  If you are smart, you will figure it out."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_5", "The desert is a place without expectation."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_6", "You should not see the desert simply as some faraway place of little rain. There are many forms of thirst."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_7", "As a matter of fact, an ordinary desert supports a much greater variety of plants than does either a forest or a prairie."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_8", "I had to live in the desert before I could understand the full value of grass in a green ditch."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_9", "Never thank anybody for anything, except a drink of water in the desert - and then make it brief."),
    ("bc_random_recruit1_10", "Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance."),

You can write some and PM them to me, but they must be in exactly this form:
    Code:
    ("sod_random_mt<#dialog>_<#text>", "<text>"),
  13. Roman Troops

OK, now you can play the updated SoD v4.6 beta.

Edit:
    But it's not save game compatible with v4.57, so you'll have to start a new game.
  14. Roman Troops

1. Go to your M&B/Modules directory. (Usually "C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules")
    2. Make a copy of the SoD folder, name it "SoD v4.6", or something like that.
    3. Run the updater.
    4. Click "Module" -> "Add Module".
    5. Fill the form exactly like in this picture.
    6. Click "OK".
    7. Click "Module" -> "Select Module".
    8. Select "sod 4.6 beta" and click "OK".
    9. Click "Update".
    10. You'll be asked about the location of the SoD folder, browse the folder tree and select it.
    11. Click "OK".
    12. Wait a minute or two.
    13. If you see an "Update complete" dialog go to point 18.
    14. Click "Updater" -> "Log".
    15. Copy the log.
    16. Post the log in this thread.
    17. Wait for response and further info.
    18. Play the game.

I guess I'll have to release v1.1 of my updater and make it easier to use  :smile:
  15. Large amounts of Nobles

I solved both bugs in v4.6 but it's not save game compatible (and has some other bugs).
Back
Top Bottom