Recent content by Knightlag

1. Knightlag

SP Native Native Mod Compilation - NMC 1.153 beta2 released

Bismarck said:
    Sahune said:
    Is there a password for file? I can't seem to open it.
    There is no password. Is the repostiory once again causing trouble? The next version will definitely be uploaded to M&B Nexus.

To keep you updated: I am porting Diplomacy to Warband 1.153 due to the fact that the diplomacy team seems to have disappeared. Right now, I have reached the 4th quarter of the dialogue file and will then move on to the module_game_ menus.py.

[me=Knightlag]cheers and dances in a circle[/me]

Have you looked into using the Floris base? It seems like it'd be a more stable starting point.
  2. Knightlag

ccjmk said:
    I still can't get my troops working! :/ I posted here asking for some advice, and i was told that i should work with scripts from the module.. May i ask what will happen if i simply add my desired gear to each unit's equipment ?(note: i'm NOT talking about adding them to the _equip entries; i already tried that), because i honestly don't really care about being able to dynamically change their outfits.. i just want them to have what i want them to have :razz:

It isn't a problem with the mod. Everything that you have been told (on here and on your other thread) has been correct. Apply the guaranteed range flag to the main troop and it'll work. You'll have to start a new game for any changes to take effect, as well.

Adding it to the regular unit's inventory would also work, but it should be fine just setting the proper stats (and flags) on the unit and adding the jarids to the selection unit.
  3. Knightlag

@crag: you still have to grab custom troops from the ranger master. it's not setup as a culture yet afaik.
  4. Knightlag

Diplomacy 4.1 with some scripts from PBOD v1.2

Are you going to release the module system files as well? That would make it a lot more useful, since a lot of people use diplomacy as a base for their own personal modifications.

Still, cool!
  5. Knightlag

@ccjmk: Engine restriction; unit edits require new games, sadly.
  6. Knightlag

Messed up hollow faces

It's nothing to do with the installer. You have to put the face pack skins.txt into the diplomacy folder... I have this issue when I recompile my personal edits & forget to toss it in. Diplomacy doesn't make any edits to skins or faces, so it isn't Diplomacy's fault.
  7. Knightlag

Messed up hollow faces

You're using that improved headmesh for women that actually looks good, I'm assuming? You'll need to toss the skins.txt from there into the Diplomacy folder.
  8. Knightlag

Did you set the plural names as well?
  9. Knightlag

ccjmk said:
    Bismarck said:
    Maybe PreBattle Order and Deployment?

Oh, sorry, forgot about it.. so many tools available :razz: I'll check that out now; in the meantime, the following question stills is valid, i guess..

Bismarck said:
    Troops in M&B prefer shorter weapons over polearms. Besides, troops can't use a pike while holding a shield in M&B.

By troops you mean AI troops, right? I've got quite the memory of being able to hold a polearm AND a shield, just that i couldn't swing the weapon, just poke with it.

Bismarck said:
    You can easily change their names by either editing the python or text files.

I tried so with Morgh's editor in text mode -which, as far as i understood, edits directly from and to text files, right?- and i haven't got any progress so far.. there's AFAIR a previous post in this thread regarding it, when i asked about how to manage the 3 custom units types (in morgh's editor i seem to have *name*, *name*_equip and *name*_selection troops for each one on the tree.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response! i'll go check out the Pre-battle orders thing :3

EDIT: Nope, i tried changing unit names through Morgh's editor one more time, and even started a new game for checking; no success.
    After you change the troop name, hit update troop before going to the next. When you're done naming them, hit save. If you're editing the module system, you'll then have to recompile your module.
  10. Knightlag

Suggestions

Not sure if this has been suggested before (nineteen pages!), but I think it'd be cool if you could take diplomacy into your own hands. Like talking to a king yourself, setting up impromptu treaties using your relation and honour in person.
  11. Knightlag

Bismarck said:
    It is early in the game, but the only two places I have sieged, Ichamor and Uxkhal, the attackers mass against the walls, just a very few mounting the ladders, has anyone else had problems like this?
    Do they behave as if there were two ladders instead of one? I remember something when implementing the CC code mentioning 2 ladders. Maybe rubik has indeed added ladders to certain sieges and in that case, I need to find out what's wrong. Probably the scenes.

Rubik added new castles in one of the updates, so it's almost definitely the scenes.
  12. Knightlag

Bismarck, quick suggestion regarding the ranger troops... You know how some of the higher leveled ones in the crossbowmen branch have access to pistols? Well, they have 0 firearms. D:
  13. Knightlag

Rhodok Trained Spearmen

Tried checking in an actual battle? I'm pretty sure large polearms don't always show up on your back. Diplomacy doesn't edit any troops, only adds necessary NPC's.
  14. Knightlag

Bismarck, I think I love you due to the new release. XD

15. Knightlag

Diplomacy + allow fief trading + PBOD for 1.143

Ilwuen said:
    May I ask why did you make this for diplomacy 3.3.2 instead of 4.1?
    he released this before 4.x was out.
Back
Top Bottom