Recent content by jobby

1. Display troops levels - a useful tool

After trying a couple of mods I consistently ran into an issue where I would not have a clear idea of the troop levels based on the name of the troop, and therefore get crushed forces much stronger than mine. Instead of taking the time to learn every level of every troop for each new mod I try...
  2. Changes that should be made to the current version

just lol'ing at all your coments!  :smile:
  3. Changes that should be made to the current version

(the same could apply for a M&B mod) The aim is to improve the objective of the game so that it becomes more enjoyable (more like an add on rather than a separate mod altogether). We can do this through alterations of:                                           1)Game Mechanics                  ...
  4. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Nordous said:
    jobby said:
    (Inspired by the band: Cage and their album: 'The science of annihilation', this music will replace the original M&B music for the mod!)

What genre is that?
    Power metal! It owns!
    Also i forgot to mention that my ideas are not for making a single mod; they can be used in nearly any mod because they act as an add-on to the mod rather than a separate mod!
  5. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Please feel free to use any of these ideas, as i gave up trying to make it cos my phython thing didn't work on windows 98, as long as you mention me (Joel Phillips) in your credits. PM me ([email protected]) if u want to further discuss anything or if you have any enquires.

Project:
    The Cataclysm

Aim:
    To improve the objective of the game so that it becomes more enjoyable. We can do this through alterations of:
                                              1)Game Mechanics
                                              2)Character Abilities and Items
                                              3)Map Terrain and Fraction units/tactics
    Currently the game has a flawed objective; become powerful. Although there are many ways to achieve this victory and there are no boundaries or limitations set up by the game as to your style, the degree of difficulty seems to be skewed towards the beginning of the game. So as soon as you have overcome the initial difficulties there isn't much problems and nothing to throw you back to where you were at the beginning, at the bottom of the food chain. To fix these flaws firstly something must be done about joining fractions. Before you join a fraction it is able to defend for its self, but once a player joins the armies become uneven. To partly counter this problem and to for various other reasons it has been decided to change the map terrains to assist those fractions. Secondly the system needs to be established so that it can make the game more difficult if the player is doing well, this is to be further discussed in game mechanics. Thirdly, the players different play styles need to be established, to make the option of each game being different, and even a factor at the beginning which encourages a different play style. This can be achieved through the changing of items and the branches which the player’s skills come under.

Task details:
    Game Mechanics
    Game Mechanics can be improved through the use of a set time in which the players have, to complete the game. This will give the game an element of time and will cause the player to race against the clock, whilst still having the option to disable this limitation at the camp options. However, instead of setting a time limit, rather the degree of difficulty increases as time progresses which will eventually force the player to resign and start again. A score calculator comes up if you agree to resign from travelling. This could be used to create the system that makes it more difficult the better are currently doing in the game.

Character abilities
    To edit character abilities find the doc named skills, remember: 0=str, 1=agi, 3=chr, 2/18/19=int(use 1:cool:. For each branch of abilities place: dueler, hunter, leader and scholar, in front of each skill to make it more easily recognizable as the order of the skills cannot be changed! All groups except scholar will have four abilities, this accommodates for one that the player may not want. Dueler is the hand to hand fighter. Hunter is the ranged bow fighter. Leader is the typical leader with the ability still to fight, thrown weapons. Scholar is the role of many skills but he has weapon master which means he’s alright at anything.
    0='Power strike'swordsmanship, 'Ironflesh'tolerance, 'Shield'shield, 'Athletics'athletics
    1='Power Draw'accuracy, 'wound treatment'wound treatment 'horse archery'horse archery, 'spotting'spotting
    3='Riding'riding, 'leadership'leadership, 'tactics'tactics, 'power throw'power throw,
    10= All the rest with scholar

Items
    General ideas-All items should come with flaws so that certain tactics can be used against them, which enhances game play and different tactics. All two handed weapons should be able to block while one handed weapons cannot block and therefore crumple without shields. Armour penetrating generally does less damage than normal attacks, but against heavy armored units they are weak. The number in front of the items represent their ranking in the amount of strength needed, 1 is highest. All items can be made and changed using the latest item editor from 'M&B file repository'!
    2Swords- Standard weapon
    1Axes- good against shields, single handed are faster than swords but have less range. armor penetrating.
    3Maces/blunt- knockback, armor penetrating, but are slow
    7Bows-medium missile speed, semi-accurate, attacks do lots of damage but not penetrating armor, only good against peasants, not knights.
    5Lances-High armor penetrating damage, not as much range as a pike
    4Pikes-Longest range, can only be used on foot
    8Quaterstaffs-knockback, quick, can block, good for archers.
    9Crossbows-Very accurate, with fast missile speed, armor penetrating,
    6Thrown-Quick speed with knockback, slow missile speed, inaccurate,
    Bolts and arrows-Max 10 shots per pack, ensures that archers are only archers with a single light weapon at the most.
    Shields-Fighting shields are fast, small, light, and have little health. Huskal shields are slow, heavy, big and have lots of health (good Vs archers)
    Horses-Less health, can be shot down easily, cavalry without their horses are meant to die.

Item factors and classes
    Only make a couple of items but to make them different give them combinations of the two groups, each class has the following layout of factors to be multiplied by the original statistics:sad:Cost factor, Armor Factor, Weight Factor). Something for example could be: 'Infantry' 'military' 'leather gloves'.
    1Infantry:1, 0.875, 0.75
    1Cavalry:1, 1.25, 1.5
    2Nobel:2, 1.75, 1.75
    2Military:1.5, 1.5, 1.75
    2Nomad:1, 1, 0.875
    2Outlaw:0.75, 0.75, 0.5

Map Terrain
    The terrain of the map can be improved through the use of appropriate placement of trees, mountains and snow. Appling the correct terrain to the correct team will give them a natural defense. Cavalry require a flat and smooth terrain, while archers require a terrain which allows good visibility. Hence each fraction can be provided for due to the following factors: Trees provide cover from archers; snow provides cover from long range missiles(bows/crossbows); Mountains and rivers provide physical barriers for cavalry whilst archers can still have vision. Mixing these elements can provide many combinations for different fractions to use to their advantage. At this point I will discuss fraction and their strategies and units, changes can be made to these but if so then changes may need to be applied to the map and its terrain.
    The nord fraction will become the barbarian’s tribes(Chieftains), footmen only, with axes, fighting shields, no ranged weapons.  Assigned lots of trees, rivers, mountains and snow.
    The Vaegirs fraction will become the British(kings), longbowmen with swords, and knight’s heavy cav, lances. Assigned snow and rivers.
    The Khergit fraction will become the Persians(Khan), All men on horses, bows, and sword and shield. Desert, no trees, snow, mountains or rivers
    The Swadia fraction will become the Romans(Emperor), footmen with huskal shields and horsemen with spears and throwing spears. Mixed terrain.
    The Rhodoks fraction will become the Greeks(General), pike men with huskal shields, and crossbowmen. Lots of mountains and rivers.

Background story:
    The land of Calradia had been a place of much bloodshed, deceit and torment, so He decided to wipe the slate clean. 'humans hear me! you have 150 days to find a man strong enough to stands at the end of this world when all else fails, and make the ultimate decision! Whether his world lives or perishes. So I leave it up to you to decide, whether this will be the end. Now let the Cataclysm begin!' (Inspired by the band: Cage and their album: 'The science of annihilation', this music will replace the original M&B music for the mod!)
  6. Abandoned Project:The Cataclysm, New Amazing Ideas any mod

Please feel free to use any of these ideas, as long as you mention me (Joel Phillips) in your credits. PM me ([email protected]) if u want to further discuss anything or if you have any enquires. Project: The Cataclysm Aim: To improve the objective of the game so that it becomes more...
  7. Do YOU want to make your own mod? Look here. (Outdated)

Yeah, i hate noobs, though i might add that i'm a noob myself!LOL
  8. Mount and Blade gameplay Flaws!

Also by the way instead of having strength and agility, to make it more like: "you choose the path of an archer", u could make them 'dueling practice' and 'hunting practice' and so on. would that make it more realistic?
  9. Mount and Blade gameplay Flaws!

Yes and thats what u want to happen, not one guy killing a whole army!
  10. Mount and Blade gameplay Flaws!

Kasimir said:
    I would respectfully disagree with all of that. I think the game does get harder as you go on. Early on, you are just fighting small bandit parties and doing minor quests, later on you become involved in the wars between kingdoms and that means fighting war parties which often gang up on you.

If you lose your army in a battle, you still have to replace it. That is made easier with all the reputation and contacts you have raised in the game but a big failure can cost you dearly.

In most mods the player has a huge effect on the result of the battle. In a 100 vs 200 fight I will probably manage 30-50 kills personally. Also, with decent and fairly basic tactics I can make sure the enemy is in disarray when they engage my troops, such as having cavalry sweep into the side of their archers stopping them from being able to aim properly, or flank their infantry just as my infantry engages (and the ones the cavalry charge doesn't kill are knocked over and vulnerable). That is what being a medieval warlord is about.

Charisma is very useful. A bigger army is a valuable resource. I am not sure what less dependent on you is supposed to mean - it is your army. Skills like power draw and power throw are all about how hard you can draw back the bow string or how hard you can throw something - obviously a function of strength and not agility. Persuasion should be under Charisma rather than intelligence however.
    Firstly later on in the game u can just get a massive army with ALL mounted, and annihilate them on the charge. Plus the battles involve bigger armies. But u say that u kill 30-50 men per battle, so u do have a huge effect. killing that many men is just soooo unrealistic that the game becomes boring. The tactics u stated were not bad, in fact it improves the game! And the more Charisma the smaller the effect u have on the battle outcome!
  11. Army Management

gud idea, sounds like that could work! :smile:
  12. Mount and Blade gameplay Flaws!

A good game can keep u interested for a long time cos it takes lots of skill to play, and it keeps getting harder. I find that with M&B as u progress in the world and u fight kings armies and stuff, it gets easier and easier. What i would like to see is a mod where it gets progressively harder...
  13. Heavy weapon swings wound multiple opponents.

i would like to c that!!!!
  14. Targetted commands.

That is a great idea. but like all great ideas some hardcore programmer has to come along and do all the scripting and that rubbish!!!! great idea i'm all for it!!!!! and yes i played Armymen Sarges heroes and i know what ya mean.
Back
Top Bottom