Recent content by jdturner11

1. Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

Garrett_ said:
    Btw guys what do you think about this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uGy3LlNeI I know its too flashy and real fight would be over much sooner but I think it's one of the more realistic depictions of dual-wielding in films(offtopic: I really love this movie:wink:.

Pretty neat they actually got tired, you never really see that anymore. It's a different style than I'm used to and a LOT longer than the bouts but I saw some guards that are familiar. Great movie, I should see this again sometime...
  2. Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

Talhoffer is a bit different from the material I study, so I cant really comment on that. Rapier is pretty dead on, my Sword and Cape knowledge is extremely limited.

We're straying off topic though, let me help get us back on - Is it possible to implement dual wielding in a moderate way? Can the engine handle it?
  3. Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

A slew of manuals state it specifically as an off hand weapon to be used for dueling. But you may think as you wish!
  4. Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

Hehe I know, but I was just talking as a whole towards the question whether they were ever usable. The fact is, Having to think about two swords to put in guards and the such is unfathomable for a battle. It was strictly a 1 on 1 style that was meant to trick your opponent. And while it was in the 16th century, Bolognese fencing is considered a manual of all weapons. Stating that this is how the old swordsman came to mastery but did not know such terms. I think M&B should focus more on multiplayer immersion than combat changes. If you go on a mod such as Persistent World you'll see a devoted fan base. If they made this game in such a way it'd go far, I believe.

To Dryvus - The cape was used as a defensive weapon.
  5. Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

Dual Wielding was used in combat in the 16th century in Bologna. Buckler and Sword, Sword alone, Sword and Dagger, Sword and cape, Two handed swords, and polearms were used aswell. Simply put, you would place your left sword in a guard and attack with the right, or put your right sword in the guard and attack with the left. It is no different than a sharp, holdable, shield. Certainly this takes away from the flourishes seen in movies, but it is still an elegant play.

As for long and short ranges being taken away from kicks... Well, if I keep using my Italian fencing example, short and long distances were taught separately. Master Achille Marozzo stated that he charged 7 Bolognese pounds for Gioco Stretto plays of the Half Sword (Close range) and another 7 pounds for Gioco Largo plays. Simply put, you should try to treat long and short range as two different techniques. You can avoid being kicked, use footwork and short controlled strikes. Always keep your sword in the enemies presence threatening him. That's all I have to say.

Moral Shadow
  6. {GK} The Golden Kingdom - {Recruiting}

Grimgraf killed a TKer, but he also team wounded someone multiple times then poll kicked them when he got sliced by accident :razz:. I'd say he helps a bit but more or less adds to the issue...
  7. US_GK Weekly Vikingr Event

Best event I have ever been a part in, lots of strategy. Good fights all! Can't wait til' next week! As for you Normans, me and Leonidas will sharpen our axes just for you!

PICS!

mbwar-20110323-202450.jpg

mbwar-20110323-210054.jpg

mbwar-20110323-205426.jpg
  8. US_GK Weekly Vikingr Event

5 more hours! Pumped!
  9. B Oriental Kengeki Gaiden

Just played this mod. Was not realistic at all, combat was kind of dim, weapons ridiculous. I played on the Bushido_Kengeki server where kick polls were rampant due to people being upset about losing. Animations leave a lot to be desired, not my kinda thing I suppose. I also hate "anime" inspired stuff, thought this was a bit more classy but no, no it is not...
  10. How to LEARN!

Rend said:
    Nerdy outcast reporting in!

Duly noted, now back to exile with ya!
  11. How to LEARN!

RockerJesse said:
    This thread is void from the comment,

"FIRSTLY, Mount and Blade consists of many nerds, idiots, dorks, outcasts, all of the above! I do not sort myself in such lists, though I would sort many others so, ignore it! Ignorance is bliss!"

:wink:

:wink:
  12. How to LEARN!

You may know me by JD_Unlimited, or my seemingly more popular character, Moral_Shadow. I cannot instruct you with fancy sword play, how to avoid archer fire (or contribute to that archer fire) but I can teach you to learn and to learn productively! This is my sole purpose with this thread, if...
  13. Firesword

Thank you very much! It does look interesting and an english version would be great, but I bet it will happen! After all, Mount and Blade does have a heavy Russian influence if you look in the right places.
  14. Firesword

What is this game? Why is there so little info on it? When will it be released? CLEAR THE CONFUSION TALEWORLDS!
Back
Top Bottom