Recent content by JackBaldy

1. Abusing Admin Powers??

Altholos said:
    I was playing on US_GK_Siege server, and I accidentally shot a teammate, and then i said sorry. He proceeded to turn around and atack me, and I started blocking his shots. Suddenly, im kicked, and i try to join back in but im banned... Any admins on GK that can unban me?? please, Its the only server with siege that i can go on without lag, i live in ontario -.-

Good luck getting unbanned, especially with that thread title.
  2. Hacking Warband

chilly154 said:
    I'm a veteran in mount and blade. Bin playing since 2008. I remember that there was this one guy I was playing he swing sword faster then anybody just little bit more faster I notice and he had the most kills to. This ****** didn't even know to block. I swing my sword first and he swing his sword (1 half late), But he won. So he was cheating it was hard to detect you know. But I notice. i was very killed archer so what i did I spawned killed him and some of there team mates lol. I remember back then people really hated archers. People got pissed off. I remember I was so good at archery sometimes people just got really pissed at me lol. I got 30 or 80 kills in this one match, in a native match.

It's probably because he had his speed set to Fastest and you had yours set to Medium.

:wink:
  3. Hacking Warband

inb4 combat speed discussion.
  4. Hacking Warband

Orion said:
    If I did not explicitly explain earlier, I apologize. I did mention that there were some deliberate false-positives during the testing of Willow's scripts. At the time, it was possible for a player to trigger the detection script without the use of any third-party software.

Maybe cRPG has a more up-to-date version, or server owners just care less about mistakenly banning people. I don't know, I don't play cRPG. What I do know is that after those tests, I never saw Willow's detection script in action again in person.

You did say that there was some false positives in it's early stages of development and I think I just assumed that those had been ironed out based on what was stated (Throughout the thread). I'm very curious about how ironed out is the version that cRPG uses considering that a large number of people play cRPG in comparison to Native. I'm also curious about the following:

JackBaldy said:
    JackBaldy said:
    captain lust said:
    No need to discuss this further. The devs are already aware and working on a fix, reportedly.

What ever happened to this?

I'm still wondering about this.

The devs were working on a fix but that was nearly a year ago. What happened?
  5. Hacking Warband

RoBo_CoP said:
    Because hacking isn't very widespread.

Does it hurt to have the script there anyways? I'm not seeing why it can't be present regardless of whether or not people think that hacking is or is not widespread.
  6. Hacking Warband

Orion said:
    Willow's detection script isn't very widespread, and native players wouldn't have much trouble finding a server without it.

Why?
  7. Hacking Warband

JackBaldy said:
    captain lust said:
    No need to discuss this further. The devs are already aware and working on a fix, reportedly.

I'm still wondering about this.
  8. Hacking Warband

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
    Well, you must of edited it because I saw a 2012 date.

It's a locked thread so I couldn't exactly get the correct date time stamp.
  9. Hacking Warband

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
    Tomorrow happened?

If you follow the quote you'll see that it's from a locked thread from last year.
  10. Hacking Warband

captain lust said:

11. Hacking Warband

Suriell said:
    and
    JackBaldy said:
    Personally,

JackBaldy said:
    Personally,

JackBaldy said:
    Personally,

JackBaldy said:
    I personally

JackBaldy said:
    Personally,

JackBaldy said:
    I personally

JackBaldy said:
    Personally,

JackBaldy said:
    Personally,

JackBaldy said:
    I don't personally like

JackBaldy said:
    Personally,

JackBaldy said:
    Personally

JackBaldy said:
    Personally, I always laugh

JackBaldy said:
    Personally, I don't

JackBaldy said:
    Personally, I'm not a huge believer of

JackBaldy said:
    Personally, I think some people are more talented at execution than others.

That made me laugh (Sincerely). Well played.  :smile:
  12. Hacking Warband

Orion said:
    You rule out all other possibilities and what you're left with must be the truth. You need to realize that the best cheat protection a game can have is the server admin.

Humans have a high propensity for error. This is especially true when egos, subjectivity, and bias are involved (In my opinion). The best cheat protection a game can have is software that cannot be bypassed, ideally, however it is usually not that realistic to achieve. The best you can do is create a good enough software that the majority of people will not so easily bypass.

In any case, I believe that something is better than nothing.

Orion said:
    Anti-cheat systems are great tools which make an admin's life easier, but they are never 100% effective.

So the problem here isn't that there aren't enough servers with Willow's detection script, it's that there aren't enough server admins with the necessary experience required to spot these sorts of issues. Or, there are admins which suffer from hyper-awareness and will ban on a whim.

Admin's are also never 100 percent effective. It's far easier for a piece of software to be 100 percent effective (Or close to) at detecting hacks than it is for a person to be 100 percent effective at detecting hacks. Just my two cents.
  13. Hacking Warband

Golradir said:
    You forgot the moustache :sad:

I fail at the lulz sometimes. Lulz the corruption of Lol.
  14. Hacking Warband

Golradir said:
    yes dat was me :sad: sorry

In the spirit of lulz talk, I'll say this. "I should probably just ban you".
  15. Hacking Warband

Golradir said:
    Elitist here, conspiracy there.. ;_;

It's a mad world.
Back
Top Bottom