Recent content by iron_commander

1. iron_commander

How to find .brf of an item in a mod

Trying to import some items from floris into a new dawn mod, the dawn mod creator left out some items from floris which it is built upon. I think i know how to edit the items_kind.txt file to add the items in but I am unable to find the meshes for the items, swords in this case. My question is...
  2. iron_commander

Town land acre purchase bug

Hi Duh, Thanks for replying. By "waiting for it to be adjusted to the actual required need" I take it I have to wait for the population to increase?
  3. iron_commander

Town land acre purchase bug

Hi guys I am playing the latest version of floris mod, I believe its 2.54. I started investing past 150 land limit in sargoth by buying uncultivated land. I purchased up to around 270 land and i realized a horrible problem. before this i might be getting around over 10,000 rent, but after...
  4. iron_commander

diplomacy mod affiliated family members relation drop

Hi everyone. May I know if anyone knows how to modify the settings in diplomacy mod which makes your affiliated family members drop in relation with you if one of them is defeated in battle? I would like to either turn that off or modify values like the periodic relation increase values. Could...
  5. iron_commander

Affiliate relation issue please help!

Hi I play floris mod and the families in there can be really big with many members. And when things get rough and each of those lords get defeated, i can start to take alot of relation drop with all my affiliated family members quickly. I personally don't like how this works because its not even...
  6. iron_commander

How to change font?

Hi guys I just downloaded a new mod but the maker changed the game default font to something difficult to read. May I know how I can change the font back to the M&B default font please?
  7. iron_commander

Founding Own Kingdom Tips

I did it by conquering the last town from a dying faction that pretty much only had that last town and I know his forces (standing army) are weak too at that time. I wasn't even that strong then. I could only field a little over 200 but I made sure I took as many elite and higher level troops as I could. Took over the town, put most of my good troops in and immediately started to recruit new ones to train over time and frantically played diplomacy to the nearby factions.
  8. iron_commander

Welsh hive mind

To the author, yes this happens in my game.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,248154.0.html

I just **** them all bad, the starting part is the worse.

Some tips:

(I run my own faction so some of my tactics won't work for you)

1. I would capture any of their weakly defended lands and give them away as a gift to friendly factions I know would not attack me. That way I do not need to defend a place I cannot hold while at the same time weaken them, as they cannot take a land from a faction they are not at war with. If you give the land to a faction not in their clique but nearby them, sometimes if one of them attacks that faction, one of their friend factions in the clique who may be friendly with the faction not in their clique will break the 'hand holding' and go to war instead with its former friends.

2. Your best bet is play defensive at the beginning when they all declare war on you. Learn to smash their individual important lords while marshalling your army. And learn to hold important towns of your own by marshalling your army into it when they bring their host there to siege. Take prisoners (they are all at war with you eventually anyway) and never release them, that way they weaken over time. Don't accept peace offers if you already captured most of the lords especially the ruler.

3. If you are not strong, just play defensive, no need to go on the offense. After a long period of hard fighting , if you smashed some of their lords and if you attack some of their weak lands, they will accept peace offers.

4. For some of the factions, all they have is a town and nothing else. For such cases, at good opportune periods you can starve these settlements out. You need at least 200 men , good troops at that to try this tactic.

Hope this helps.

9. iron_commander

BRYTENWALDA SPECIAL EDITION RELEASE - 28/09/2012

Congrats and thanks. But yes, a changelog is needed!
  10. iron_commander

BRYTENWALDA: The Novella, coming with 1.40...

Can we get a preview of the changes and new features coming in v1.4?
  11. iron_commander

How to modify save data to change faction colour?

I want to change faction colours in my saved games, but I realize some editions of faction colour will not happen in saved games because the game reads the data from the saved data. My question is, is it possible to modify the faction colour data in save games so I can see those changes in my...
  12. iron_commander

bug: taking lords prisoner messes faction relations

Tatem said:
    @Iron
    I most certainly can express my opinion if I will. I will point to another quote by another great man directed towards lessor men such as yourself.
    I may disagree with what you are saying, but I shall defend, to death your right to say it.
    Voltaire

What I had given to you sir, was advice. As have all others whom have posted. In your arrogance, you have chosen not to take that advice, and continue your attack on one of the best mods I have ever seen. While I respect your opinion I do not have to agree with it. I would ask that you take the many suggestions and apply the knowledge that we have bestowed upon you. I would also ask for an apology to Ibil for your smear campaign and demands; Though I expect none.
    Thank you for your time.

They say to speak to idiots would reduce you to their level. So off I go to play the flute...

PS: tatem, the irony of *you* is priceless
  13. iron_commander

bug: taking lords prisoner messes faction relations

Palestine said:
    I'd say it's rather easy if you accept that this is realistic mod. You can't maintain good relations to everyone, but sure you can try to with as many as you can. You'll need reputation and renown and some friends among lords, even enemy.

There is no love between me and Mercia, but I release their lords all the time, I make peace with those I can and play as a good guy.

Pengwern was friendly to you, you could have maintain that relation with them for a while.

I did maintain that r/s for a long while but then they stopped wanting to make treaties with me. The answer is obvious.  Anyway its strange I can take over their towns, 'rape' their lords, none of which provoke other nations to attack me but only when I capture their lords as prisoners other factions actually declare war on me?

There is this line that appears when you capture lords
    "you relations with other factions change"

followed by messages on screen

it might go something like "powys decided to go war with crafu"

and the lord i captured would be from crafu.

Why the odd messages then? If this was intended? It should be "powys decided to go to war with [player faction", which is what happens in game but will get reported otherwise. I'm pretty sure there is some bug along the lines.

14. iron_commander

Made an alternate night ambience sound to replace wolf howl

A 2 second long cricket sound. Haven't tried using it for long-term yet. http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3800
  15. iron_commander

where are siege fires from?

Does anyone know if the fire effect from the fire arrows are a script? trigger? or something? How do I modify it and is it even possible to add the same effect to another item in game via editor?
Back
Top Bottom