Recent content by Iaksones

1. Native OSP 3D Art Combination Helmets OSP, for Warband!

I particularly like the first one! I'm going to try to add that in to the module I'm playing with right now :smile:
  2. Not feminine enough?

They warned you in the character creation screen that it would be harder. If you had a male medieval mindset, would you want to marry someone who threatens your beliefs and could kick your ***?
  3. question 'bout destroyred faction

10-20 relation is not always, by far. Try 50-60, plus decent persuasion
  4. [S] Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!

Must break myself away from GTAIV and try this out... Good work men!
  5. [S] Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!

Good man, Kogara :smile:. I'll be downloading and playing your version sometime next week, I think.
  6. [S] Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!

From the Diplomacy mod thread
    Waihti said:
    Tuckles said:
    Hey Waihiti, what did you replace in troops.txt, item_kinds1.txt and party_templates.txt, if anything?

No changes in item_kinds1.txt

In troops.txt I added trp_chamberlain
    In party_templates.txt I added pt_spouse
  7. Great game, but ..

The infinite red error lines thing happened to me too, and I almost screwed up my 300+ day file by saving while that error was repeating. Luckily I was able to recover some save files that were only a week or so (in game) older.

I figured out that the errors came from telling my vassals that I had no more orders for them and that they could attend their own business. So now I no longer do that and I manage to have fun with my kingdom. I save often, and I'm vigilant against annoying error messages blowing up for no reason again. Try that out yourself, if you want to keep playing
  8. Name of your kingdom

The Kingdom of Donderrion, ruled by Urich Donderrion, currently encompasses the entirety of the Nordic and Vaegir lands and extends down into eastern Swadia.

Also the Nasirrid Empire, ruled by Shah Nasir. Currently it is naught but a dream...
  9. Question about guard units in cities

Man, I have the same thing in my game. I was a Nord, and when I started my own kingdom, my city guards were swadians. Maybe this is similar to fleeing bandits being swadian? Perhaps the devs just had to pick a kingdom association and did it the easy way by just picking Swadia
  10. Which Lords to accept?

Galdus said:
    Well whatever you do don't kill them all or they will dissipate into the unknown.

I have heard that but I havent seen that happen after destroying a faction. (albeit I've only done it once). In my game, after completely conquering the nords (which are somehow still alive with Lethwin Far-seeker, Jarl Vuldrat, Jarl Kumipa, and somebody else hanging around in Sarranid territories, fiefless), I destroyed the Vaegirs. Most if not all the lords dropped off the face of the map for a week or so, then I started getting messages about Count Vlan, Emir Rudin, and the like. They'd gone into other employment.

In this same save, which is at 500 something days, the only people I've seen leave Calradia are Ragnar, Yaroglek, and a couple quarrelsome/debauched lords who have been indicted for treason by multiple monarchs. :smile:

In response to the OP, I like getting the upstanding/good-natured lords. Both these personality types get automatic relationship bonuses if you have high honor, like Theodoriph said
  11. A singleplayer manual

All this has worked for me as well. One thing I would add

If playing a non-realistic saves game (meaning you can exit w/o saving), you can get major relationship points for breaking lords out of dungeons. If you are good enough to take down 5 militiamen at once with a staff, and then one armored prison guard in 3-4 quick hits (because that's all you'll get before you get jumped), this can be done with only moderate difficulty. When you're riding around playing the merchant like the OP suggested, keep an eye out for notifications about lords being captured; if its not too far out of the way, track them down and go to the dungeon where they are being held. If you successfully rescue them, you'll get 5-8 (can't remember exactly what) relationship points, some honor, and 3 faction relationship points. This is even easier when you are at peace with the captor's faction, because you a) don't have to sneak in and b) can use all your gear.
  12. B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Cassial said:
    About the low-armor sound threshold...

I understand you wanting to keep it out to keep compatibility high, but why not post a short tutorial on how to add it in for those who want it?

I'm with you man; I'd like to know how to tweak that myself
  13. [S] Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!

Aeon221 said:
    Cassial said:
    Truly, you have the most quickly updated mod I have ever seen.

Well, I make my (lack of a) living writing

For what it's worth, your posts made reading through this whole thread interesting and not so much a chore.

I'm starting a new character--probably an all cav Khergit/Sarannid type commander--and if I find anything interesting as far as battles against different army compositions go, I'll post.
  14. Loot and prisoners from repelling a raid? Village fight.

bigtoebubby said:
    i thought about it and realized nobody really uses blunt weapons in siege. and sometimes castles just dont have prisoners in their dungeon and maybe that's why the party screen might not pop up at the end.

You won't get prisoners even if you use a mace the whole time, but the rescued prisoners usually pop up. Most of them anyway
  15. [S] Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!

Poked around with your mod a little bit, but not extensively, and I liked it! Only thing that bothered me was that Sarannid Horsemen and Swadian Man-at-Arms were end units; it didn't sound right to me, and I thought it would be better if they could upgrade to mameluks or knights or something. However, reading your recent musings about 2-handed men at arms makes me think that would be a better idea than giving them an upgrade.

Kudos, I'm going to keep trying out your mod!
Back
Top Bottom