Memories

Harkon <3
  2. Hugh Higgins

Can we make more players come and play?

It's a bloody joke. Germans have no sense of humour.  :lol:
  3. Hugh Higgins

Can we make more players come and play?

Woeski said:
    Hello i'm a big fan of the viking conquest dlc but to be honest i would love to play
    vikingr aswell, i've never seen vikingr in it's good state (nor viking conquest if it ever had one)

Maybe we can get some players to play the game again?

The time of Vikingr has mostly passed, I'm afraid. I'd say the key problem mostly knocked it dead, but even with that fixed, there wasn't much of a resurrection.

*Cough*I blame the Jomsborg*Cough*

~ Þéodríc / Áed
  4. Hugh Higgins

Get in the game you big turds!

Get in skrubs!
  5. Hugh Higgins

The Mead Hall

Too lazy to upload, so have a link to my Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/HigginsTheBest/media_set?set=a.10210653136221536&type=3&pnref=story
  6. Hugh Higgins

The Mead Hall

Round shields shouldn't be that thin, no- but they shouldn't be as thick as the kite shield either. But eh, it's a game- dun really matter. And besides you don't really notice in the heat of battle. :'3

Got a few pictures from the Regia Anglorum training at Usk Castle in Wales last weekend if anyone is interested. Shame it was only me and one other guy from my local group there, but it was grand all the same.
  7. Hugh Higgins

Vikingr Community Release - Download Thread

Beep.. Beep.. I am.. a Jeep.
  8. Hugh Higgins

Tarχuna (Tarchuna/Tarquinii) [NA/EU]

jepekula said:
    Now the only thing we're missing is the Jomsborgs  :lol:

Plz no
  9. Hugh Higgins

Tarχuna (Tarchuna/Tarquinii) [NA/EU]

I'm an Etruscan, guys. I know how much all the Vikingr people missed me. <3
  10. Hugh Higgins

The Mead Hall

RagnarGerman said:
    Coming up with old stuff even though the mod is dead, are we?

If you clicked on the source link then you would see that we're addressing problems of now and the past. So it's not coming up with old stuff when it is quite clearly still relevant.
  11. Hugh Higgins

The Mead Hall

vtz said:
    I agree that there were quite many Jomsvikings breaking the rules, but as far as I remember, we boycotted only 1 SWE since I joined the clan in September/October 2014. We did it because we got massively kicked on the previous SWE, often without a valid reason. What's more, I was the only Jomsvking no to join the boycott and I told Ragnarr that admins did very good job then, so Jomsvkings returned to SWE the next month. And yes, some of us got kicked after that accident, but this was occasional and in large majority reasonable, hence we were not angry at admins because of that. In fact, Ragnarr often punished those who got kicked/banned during SWE, even with a kick (in case of Oddr).
    Dead is a rather relative term it seems, observations being the basis of science, but not something to base accusations on. Then again anything seems dead compared to the hordes of Jomsvikings, to whom the idea of a clan was to clanstack,
    I disagree. I would never call Fyrningas dead, for example.
    Maybe you think that for  me, it is necessary to have 'hordes' of players to call yourself an active clan. If so, you are wrong. For me, even a clan that consists of 3 people can be easily called active, as long as these 3 guys attend Hildileikr from time to time and do their best to join events.
    Fact is: Jomsborg members had the highest kick/ban rate in the Shieldwall events
    Provided that Jomsvikings often made 50% of SWE attendants, I don't find it any wierd.
    If we are the largest group attending an event, it is quite obvious that we will also have the biggest number of kicked people.
    Next time you're not trying to insult people, read your text before posting it, but based on later posts, it's hard to imagine your intentions were/are innocent.
    I do realize that, if Deorlaf/anyone else here does not believe me, I guess I cannot do anything about it.
    You can go on living in your bubble of ignorance and saying people have mental disorders, but the Jomsborg were a big part of what happened to Vikingr.
    I have never called someone mentally ill before, maybe excluding the times when I was a silly 10 year old boy, so 'saying people have mental disorders' is not an appriopriate expression here. And also note I did not tell that I'm sure - maybe Theodric is simply trolling by saying such absurd things.

Source: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,344214.150.html

1. The Jomsborg have always been kicked/banned for good reason. Never has Admin powers nor an Admin abused anyone from the Jomsborgers, though a lot of you seem to preach otherwise. Simply by the fact that this is a decent community with a good choice of Admins.

2. The Osredingas, Arnarnins, Fyrningas and even my clan had regular people on. Granted that with my clan that it was mostly me, Wulfgar and Andrix that came on - but that's at least three. And if you're saying that three is active, then my clan was indeed active. The only reason our numbers were low during events is that events tended to happen when I was busy in the great outside and some of the times my people were busy as well with life and other things. I would never force people to attend.

3. Notice how people from other clans never got kicked. And we made up all together nearly the full amount of Jomsborgers. You have no excuse for bad discipline and not following the rules. By simply attending the event you agree to the rules of the thread. If you break that, then you don't deserve to be there - not matter your clan.

4. Your intentions were blatantly otherwise.

5. And it's not trolling to address such concerns. But if you couldn't have guessed; I'm not trolling.
  12. Hugh Higgins

Vikingr is NOT dead event | Temporarily stopped (more info in the thread)

Déorláf said:
    KickingJoub said:
    I do not condone violence against animals and was not made aware of such repercussions of my actions. As for the events stopping, I won't dodge responsibility. It was my decision and I had my reasons, agree with them or not.
    No worries, all good things come to an end eventually. Its a harsh reality we have to accept.

It was about time, Joub. You can't be blamed for anything. You prolonged the existence of the mod and community and for that I'm grateful and I'm sure everyone else is as well.

Déor is right.
  13. Hugh Higgins

Déorláf said:
    vtz said:
    Osredingas? You mean this clan that broke off Jomsborg and died a few weeks after?
    I don't know if you meant this as a bad pun or as a cheeky insult (I'll assume the latter) but nonetheless you have proven yourself to be someone of ill repute. You falsely imply that I took a bunch of members from Jomsborg with the "broke off jomsborg" statement, when in actuality it was just me and one friend who I personally invited. I also never intended to stay with Jomsborg as I wanted to do an Anglo-Saxon group before even meeting Ragnar. Now let us move on to the "died a few weeks after" part of your statement. I went to several events with and without my mates (I'm not going to force them to come if they can't or don't want to) and helped organized the Val de Saire event which took place 4-5 Months after Osredingas was formed. The straw that broke the camel's back in our case is when Joub stopped hosting his monthly events, since that was essentially the only thing we went to. We did hang around the Vikingr TS in case anyone wanted to do the random "get on and play" thing but not many people used it anymore, hence why Thorkell had to take it down.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Your clan was the most active on the teamspeak and it only died like everyone elses because the events stopped.

And me and my people would come to the new events but we feel we can't due to the host and his affiliations.

But again this points out the divide that the Jomsborg have caused in this community which quickened the downfall of it and the events - especially since your people were the ones always getting banned or kicked and then crying.
  14. Hugh Higgins

"No"? That's not really a proper reply. And using teamwork on the public server is like being in a clan party on Call of Duty. It's unfair and unfun for everyone else - especially when you sit on one team.

And the only reason people joined your clan was because of "Yeah, vikings!", the name and the banner. Oh, and your clan never used the Vikingr teamspeak, you'd always sit in the RCC one like you do now. Unlike other clans who used the Vikingr teamspeak daily like the Osredingas.

So I stand with Jep, really.

But nonetheless Vikingr has declined, but that has really been out of all of our hands. It was great while it was there, but sometimes you just have to let things go. Otherwise you can tarnish what memory you have of it by trying so hard to get it to work again.
  15. Hugh Higgins

vtz said:
    Thinking what?
    I mostly meant those clans who only existed for a fancy banner and a fancy tag but they would never teamwork on public server nor use TS

That's really amusing. I would retort but I know it'd turn into a brutal war you'd lose, so good day. :smile:
Back
Top Bottom