Recent content by hessuu

1. hessuu

Shores of hazeron

Shatari said:
    How's the UI and the learning curve?
    They say it's bad but I have no problems with it. Learning curve is steep but I managed fine by following the official guide, namely section "how to build your first city" and how to build your first moonbase".
  2. hessuu

Shores of hazeron

Sparkyninja said:
    Personally I feel you guys should give this a go. Ignoring the buggy nature of the game it has massive potential and already several massive wars are going to break out if **** hits the fan between the PTMC(My empire, also ask and I'll get you in with us and I'll vouch for you) and another high TL'd empire.

P.S Wasn't M&B buggy back in .808? It feels like that in terms of potential.
    What is this high TL empire you speak of? Is it zandrianss or bullywugs?
  3. hessuu

Shores of hazeron

ChiefWaffles, I demand your homeworld's galactic coordinates immediately.
  4. hessuu

Polish the Heraldric Armors (and let me custom his backsite)

I would much prefer if they got Finnish'd instead.

But yeah would be good if the back could be customised.
  5. hessuu

Surrounded by an army of 1330 men(I'm f-cked)

Superpowermind said:
    We may have defeated the enemy, but they will come again. We shall gather all forces we can. We shall download the recruiter mod and recruit some troops and then face the enemy! Without bugs! On the field!
    My recruiters stand ready!

Hope you can get your save to work. Remember to backup.
  6. hessuu

Gifts ideas/discussion

I have some stuff I'm planning on scripting for this mod, but I need to hear your opinion. What do you think of these ideas for gifts: 1. You can send gifts to any vassal or liege in the land. - Should there be any limitations on who you can give gifts to? 2. You can't send money. Instead you...
  7. hessuu

OSP Kit SP Recruiter Kit - Version 1.30 (UPDATED 20.05.2010)

BlackRainZ said:
    Hessuu, I had to edit the txt file because I don't have the source code. Actually, I use the pike and blade mod also so that could also be the problem. Unfortunately I don't have the source code for pike and blade and it adds so many soldiers so is there anyway to return a txt file to it's source file?

edit--- It actually might be better to tell me what file has the troop id that is uses. Is it the constants file? Than maybe I could just change the troop id from there?
    At the beginning of the troops.txt there is this:
    Code:
    troopsfile version 2
    The number, which is 930 for native, is the amount of different troops in the module. You have to change that number to match the number of troops in your mod. Count your added troops carefully many times and make the number match the amount of troops.
  8. hessuu

BlackRainZ said:
    hessuu when I try to compile the module files I get this error:

Error: Unable to find object:script_send_recruiter
    Error: Illegal identifier:script_send_recruiter

edit-- I figured out the problem, you forgot to mention in the readme that you edited the scripts file. You left that out. The scripts file also has 2 edits.
    Fixed. Thanks for informing.

BlackRainZ said:
    hessuu I got the mod to work but it doesn't work properly with the diplomacy mod. The chamberlain in the diplomacy mod uses the dialogue from your mod. Why is that?
    This certainly has something to do with them having the same troop id. They both are placed in the end of the troops.txt. Did you only use module system to combine the mods and not any txt -file editing? These kind of problems are related to that. Try to rebuild the module.

Anyways, I'm going to include Recruiters in Diplomacy myself, hopefully today.
  9. hessuu

BlackRainZ said:
    Can we get some info how to include this into warband mods? I have been trying to do it but some problem crops up every time.
    There's source code download available now. Get it and read the readme.
  10. hessuu

I'm going to see if it's compatible with native save games. My methods will include testing, looking around the forums and seeking consultation from ancient gods.
  11. hessuu

Possut said:
    hessuu said:
    EDIT: Warband porting complete. Woohoo. Now I just need to be arsed to release it and add some new features.

So it's not compatible with Warband yet? But anyway, I love the sound of this mod.. GJ with it
    Comptible & released now.  :grin:
  12. hessuu

Possut said:
    So, I'm installing this addon (got the game through Steam). I chose directory etc. finding it in the Steam folders. But should I create a new file under /modules or put the installation in /Native?

The main problem (I guess) is that upon installation, it cannot find the Steam directory.

[EDIT] I just tried to make a new file in /modules. Upon game start it crashes and says it can't find costumes(somtehing). So obviously that wasn't the way to go...

[EDIT 2] I just finished modding manually (first timer, no errors) . Had to make some research on how you actually mod :razz: But anyway, assuming its correct (no errors when using the .bat file) it should work. My question is, should it work on an existing save? Cus it doesn't work on my save :S
    It modifies the troops.py, so it's not save compatible. If I replaced the recruiter troop with a troop from native, it might work.

EDIT: Warband porting complete. Woohoo. Now I just need to be arsed to release it and add some new features.
  13. hessuu

What purpose do the Sarranids serve?

The Sarranids are the most powerful faction in the game. I always try to avoid fighting them. Here's their secret:
      ("kingdom_1_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_1_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_swadian_militia,2,6),(trp_swadian_recruit,4,7)]),
      ("kingdom_1_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_1_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_swadian_crossbowman,2,6),(trp_swadian_skirmisher,4,7)]),
      ("kingdom_1_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_1_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_swadian_man_at_arms,3,6)]),

("kingdom_2_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_2_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_vaegir_footman,2,6),(trp_vaegir_recruit,4,7)]),
      ("kingdom_2_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_2_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_vaegir_archer,2,6),(trp_vaegir_skirmisher,3,5),(trp_vaegir_footman,1,3)]),
      ("kingdom_2_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_2_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_vaegir_horseman,3,6)]),

("kingdom_3_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_3_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_khergit_skirmisher,2,6),(trp_khergit_tribesman,4,7)]),
      ("kingdom_3_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_3_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_khergit_horse_archer,2,6),(trp_khergit_skirmisher,4,7)]),
      ("kingdom_3_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_3_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_khergit_lancer,3,6)]),

("kingdom_4_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_4_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_nord_footman,4,:cool:,(trp_nord_recruit,2,4)]),
      ("kingdom_4_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_4_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_nord_archer,1,3),(trp_nord_huntsman,3,5),(trp_nord_footman,2,5)]),
      ("kingdom_4_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_4_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_nord_warrior,3,6)]),

("kingdom_5_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_5_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_spearman,3,7),(trp_rhodok_tribesman,3,6)]),
      ("kingdom_5_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_5_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_trained_crossbowman,2,6),(trp_rhodok_crossbowman,4,7)]),
      ("kingdom_5_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_5_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_sergeant,3,6)]),

("kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_sarranid_footman,3,7),(trp_sarranid_recruit,3,6)]),
      ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_sarranid_archer,2,6),(trp_sarranid_skirmisher,4,7)]),
      ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_sarranid_mamluke,3,6)]),
    They can spawn one of the game's best troops in their castles!
  14. hessuu

caprera said:
    Question: as i don't like having different factions in my party. Recruiters will search in nearby villages but this means also possibly other faction villages? And also mybe my faction villages but conquered to another faction and so with different recruits...
    You decide what type of troops to recruit. If you want Rhodoks, recruiters will only search from villages with Rhodok troops.
Back
Top Bottom