Recent content by Grummen

1. Subforum for WFaS Mods?

I also think it would be nice for WFAS modding to get its own subforum. I'd like to be able to talk about modding it without those discussions constantly getting flooded off by general chatter.
  2. Seems they forgot to mention the module system has finally be released

superspy228 said:
    Your a saint. Maybe now they will make an updated module guide so people like me figure out how to make modules.  :sad:

Much of the code is derived from the old M&B python scripts so a new guide isn't entirely necessary to make modules. Once you understand how the files are organized there isn't much difficulty in tracking down what goes where, and everything that worked in M&B: Warband will work here.
  3. Seems they forgot to mention the module system has finally be released

Just thought I'd point that out since I've not seen anyone saying anything about it.
  4. Do you want to see Samurai sword (Katana) imported from Warband ?

Some European powers had been trading with the Japanese since the 1550s, so a katana showing up in this region isn't necessarily beyond the scope of possibility. That being said, it should be a unique occurrence and it should be extravagantly expensive or extremely difficult to acquire for many reasons, not the least of which being that katanas weren't exactly passed out like candy, they were sacred objects and heirlooms. But if you really want them in your game, it would be a rather simple thing to mod in using existing tools.
  5. Hurting the enemy's economy

nox said:
    Who is going to volunteer to help me figure out how to bring cannons and carronades into battle?  Yeah, you hear me.

Field cannons and fort cannons would be great, I've always been a fan of artillery, and blowing things up in general. You might try and get in touch with the guy who made the Mount & Blade Pirates mod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHyPR4FWQgY since he managed to not only get in cannons, but naval combat as well, among other things. From the looks of it he even got the AI to man and fire the cannons on the ships.
  6. Are we going to get the module system for WF&S?

FlyingDwarfzz said:
    In a few months mabie, although im counting on the community to release a mod creater before the official one comes out.

We're really limited in what we can do without the module system. I doubt you'll see anything much more sophisticated than TweakMB, as handy as it is, it is still handicapped by the lack of the module system in terms of WF&S functionality.
  7. Are we going to get the module system for WF&S?

And if so, could we get an ETA on it? I'm getting a bit anxious to open this game up and play with its inner workings.
  8. download: female versions of WFAS armors

It is a definite improvement over the instant manly body the stock armor gives my female companions for certain. Thanks for posting this.
  9. Trade permit

honaw said:
    So what does the trade permit allow you to do cuz after buying it I didnt notice any thing different at all

Before the permit I was making spice/velvet runs from Crimean towns to Swedish towns like Reval, Dolpat Fortress, Riga, and Narva and getting about 38k per run. After the permit it went to around 48k to 70k, so there can be a substantial difference depending on what you've been trading and where.
  10. Warband and WFaS Mod porting?

If the mod requires Warband content you have to copy over all the brf files in CommonRes to the mod's Resource folder and the texture files to the texture folder. Then you have to change all the lines in module.ini that say load_resource to load_module_resource instead. Doing this enabled me to play the mod I made for Warband with no problems or crashes.
  11. Units don't level-up!

Behell said:
    Grummen said:
    British_Bulldog said:
    Iboltax said:
    in Mount and Blade W F a S Directory\Modules\Ogniem i Mazciem\  backup original troops.txt ofcourse just incase

Ya just done that CTD once i hit the start new game button.
    Hmm :sad:

Ah sorry, I accidentally uploaded my warband troop.txt. I'll get it fixed shortly.

:grin:

It was the right file after all, the presence of the old troop trees in the new WF&S troop.txt just confused me. It doesn't take much I'm afraid  :???:
  12. Units don't level-up!

Iboltax said:
    Are other units even supposed to level up? I thought only mercanaries did.

I have heard the faction based troops require a special officer to train them up, but I haven't got that far in the game yet so I have no idea.
  13. Units don't level-up!

British_Bulldog said:
    Iboltax said:
    in Mount and Blade W F a S Directory\Modules\Ogniem i Mazciem\  backup original troops.txt ofcourse just incase

Ya just done that CTD once i hit the start new game button.
    Hmm :sad:

I just double checked, the file works fine for me. I was able to go into start a new game just fine.
  14. Units don't level-up!

I updated my troop.txt and tested it briefly on Moscowvy mercenary riflemen, and it works, the rest should be fine as well. https://sourceforge.net/projects/wp2gc/files/troops.txt/download
  15. I want to be a woman.

quicksilver67 said:
    Name me a female warrior though in eastern europe that was female during this particular time period!!

If this were a game about a lone wolf warrior taking on the world, asking for an example of a female warrior would be valid, but this is a game about leadership, command, and power. But in Europe we have, from the 1400s to the 1700s, Joan of Arc, Queen Isabella of Castile, Queen Elizabeth of England, and Empress Cathrine The Great of Russia as examples of women in power who commanded armies in or controlled some of the largest empires in history.

I think given the right circumstances it would have been possible for it to happen. This is, after all, an open-ended game with a historical context, not a linear, scripted history simulator. Otherwise we shouldn't be able to make characters at all, we should be stuck playing the role of someone predominant at the time who actually existed.  Oh well, all I can say is I hope they give us the module system for this, because there are several features from Warband I'd like to see brought over.
Back
Top Bottom