Recent content by FuryFire

1. Questions & Answers for new players!

Does anyone have a definite estimate of the Area of Effect of these buffs?
    Banner and horn, like 10 paces??? Or as far as the banner man is able to detect it?
    When I went banner I had experienced inspiring 11 men despite these men being maybe several paces away; am I to assume that they are within the heal and stat effect?

And of course the leader death affects the entire map?

Other question: Is the horn bugged? How often can one blow the horn, and why is it that sometimes even from the start of the round I cannot use it.
  2. Questions & Answers for new players!

Hello sirs

Questions:
    What are the effects of
    -banners
    -horns
    -leaders

and pretty much other buffs there are that I might not know of
  3. Suggestions

Well I knew it was a longshot, but how else can anyone implement the shieldwall mechanic XD
    I may not have the coder's knowledge, but I can "feel" how the engine is created
    Wonder if MnB2 could consider something akin to this.

The front rows can still strike, if you read closely, the shield push does not stun, and it has the disadvantage of having a more vulnerable shield. An opponent with an axe can hack away or kick-slash. The mechanics I suggest were just to add another option of dealing with bridge battles or tight confines.

It's not made to be as exact as real life battle just as much as upslash-sideward slash- trust is.

Anyway, there's these arguments in our community forums over the hatred of siege XD  How that wooden bridge battle gave 60+ people idle time for 75% of the round (Poor planning on the admin's part I suppose). They wanted more raids in the events but according to admins (not sure about the validity of this) that some raid maps are bugged.

Anyway, cheers to the great mod :grin:
    Try opening your server browsers at 9pm AEST/GMT+10  on a saturday :smile: You might find the LCC_VikingR :grin:
  4. Suggestions

Hi all, I'm new in these boards, currently playing the latest version only. Especially during a special sunday event in the Australian community I am with. (LCC community has introduced your wonderful mod lately, and our shieldwall events reach 70 people during saturdays)

Anyway, during the shieldwall event we've played in 3-4 maps, with one particular consisting of a small wooden bridge allowing only 3 men... Now consider that situation for a 70 player session. -__-  Additionally we tried a siege... A siege fort where the fenced gatehouse creates a natural bottleneck. It former turned into a stand off as bodies of men fought on the bridge with barely any progress for 10 mins. And the siege was horrible for the semi-coordinated attackers compared to the defenders that can easily fill in cooperative roles due to the situation.

It is highly possible that what I am going to suggest was already suggested before; but I dare not look for it in the 200 page thread, my apologies.

I suggest, Shield Shoving/Push
    -I am no coder so I do not even know if this is possible to implement, but who knows, the team might find a talented coder if they don't already have one
    -I do not even know if the developers wish to improve further on this awesome mod; just content on bug fixing.
    -but nevertheless, here goes:

Shield Brace/Push/Shove
    -Holding the right mouse button and an additional key button will make players brace their shields. (probably RMB + B + W: to simulate moving forward and posing, the combination seems awkward but it's viable)
    -Tapping or the first press of this combination will simulate a shove
    -Two enemies bracing against each other simulate a push. But if it's only two of them it will have no effect other than looking like they're doing a Dragonball Z "fusion" with their shields. However, if an additional person (up to 2 persons) braces behind their friendly, they will push/shove. More people/layers means more strength in the shove. And the bigger force would often beat a smaller force unless the latter is more organized.
    -kicks disable an enemy bracing
    -a player must be standing in order to shield brace (you need to put your body to work you see)
    -the push with the advantage will slowly move the opponent/s backward
    -note that the pushed opponent is not stunned.
    -Pushing distance is slow (probably less distance than that of a kick), however, for the 1st 1 second(or less) of tapping shield brace button represents a "shove" rather than a push and in this case the enemy is pushed back faster/farther. Proper simultaneous/timing of an entire team can beat the shove of a disorganized team just holding their brace buttons.
    -With the speed enhancement of horns, the shove can turn into a shield charge, even resembling a kick that can knock down an enemy or at least stun them(usually happens if the enemy was kicked while he was swinging his weapon)

>this mechanic will partially solve the problem of the bridge battles consisting of 50+ players turning into stand offs.
    >In open field battle, a compact force can drive through a spread out line with this mechanic.

More advanced mechanics of shield shoving
    -this is asking too much, but let the ideas flow - in case a random person from bannerlord sees this.
    -Whenever a player blocks with a shield, it is understood that it is equivalent to him parrying strikes with his shield (just not represented in game); now whenever a player braces with his shield he in comparison, blocking receiving the full impact of the blow. In this aspect, a braced shield will receive more damage and hence break faster if the player ain't attentive. This rule includes
    -a person standing idle can at least jump back whenever an incoming cavalry charges them, or roll with his fall. But a braced person putting all his weight in his shield - it's akin to trying to be a rock against a wave. A cavalry bump to a braced person does 300% damage (that's half life man!). However, the chances of the rider falling is increased *but not that considerably*

5. Commander Battle Improvements

kinda a bad thing psyching ourselves for something nigh impossible at the moment haha.
    It's hardcoded, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.. oh how I wish one of our gifted modders or codders take a crack at it.

Well for the reinforcements, 10 mins is enough I think. That includes the start of the game. So it'll be at around game time 50:00 (in a 1 hour game) wherein one officer can start ordering reinforcements. Provided he got his regiment destroyed at the earlier 10 mins and managed to march all the way back to the spawn site. And by then it'll take some time to march his regiment back to the battle. Remember spawn sites are at edges of map only. I guess to balance the speed of cavalry their respawn would be 15 mins I suppose? (this'll entice the majority of the team to go infantry)

With such respawn for infantry, I guess the maximum "rebirths" of infantry regiments would be 5 times per match of 60 minutes.

I don't think there will be problems with suicide charges provided the VP placement puts the major ones at the center of the map. And remember, each reinforcement costs victory points PER MAN.

Daewi: actually on second thought, 30 rounds for riflemen are enough. They reload slowly anyway so their firing will take some time. But my earlier presumption is that, riflemen would really wanna avoid bayonet charges considering they don't even have fixable bayonets.
  6. Commander Battle Improvements

1. I disagree. Line infantry officers would always ensure that bayonets are attached so that they won't be taken by surprise. Let's face it, the age of the plug bayonet is over. Napoleonic eras have fixed bayonets almost always.

2. For a square formation to be effective, there must be other additions. Let me explain first: If you just allow a simple square formation where the infantry will stand ground, 1st ranks trying to kneel and brace, sure it'll cut through the first 3-4 cavalry. But the rest will penetrate the hollow formation and each infantryman will find himself surrounded by bodies of horses, and the enemy cavalry will have plenty of targets to swing at. The beauty of 5 row formation (+ stand closer order) is that it tightens the infantry that it'll stop the cavalry from penetrating deep. When done effectively, the tight 5 row infantry formation will be like a block wherein the cavalry will literally stop. I beat a lot of cavalry in 1 on 1 regiment engagements this way with minimal loses.

Back to the original topic however, if you want square formation to be just as effective, there should be an implementation wherein either the bot AI would be better at bracing and the 2nd rank chambering attacks in preparation for a charging cavalry. Or the Cavalry AI will force itself to stop or swerve whenever there is a "properly" formed square. (which still allows cav to defeat infantry if they catch them from fully forming a square). Both ideas will be very difficult to code in my opinion.

3. Aye... I want them colors and music  :mrgreen:
    They could add their original effects of reloading speed and melee bonus. Or alternatively how about a CB battle with a morale mode? Wherein raised flags and living drummers will decrease morale hits received?
    Oh and why'll you're at it, how about a fixed "retreat" button. It has its uses...

4.Agreed

5. Yes for rifles. For dragoons, how about the effect that their horses do not move? To allow dragoons to really fulfill their role?

6. No... for the same reason as trying to decrease the possibilities of rambos

7.Very useful, but this'll make all my grand strategies obsolete haha XD whenever I get the confidence of my team I usually just send them to do pincer maneuvers that'll offset the facing of the enemy team.

Aside from that, "advance 10 paces" and "fall back 10 paces" must also be adjusted that they follow the facing of your troops.

8. Teamspeak could still be usefull. All the time, I command my team mates by just typing fast. Although some chat hotkeys could be useful. Like when you type, you can hit a hotkey that adds a specific phrase. For example:
    -fallback-
    -incoming cavalry!-
    -charge-
    -advance-
    -defend-
    It could hasten typing :smile: you must simply worry about player names and locations and situations.
    Adding voice commands could be more of a hassle in coding I think. (Though I don't claim to be an expert)

10. Simply press melee... never really have trouble with this. Rather, I'd want that they implement a "column" system wherein your soldiers will look and move in "your direction" (where your character is). Thus, this encourages the infantry commander to lead a march and at the same time this will hasten movement speed especially when you're flanking since your men no longer face the enemy and some cases, move backwards and sideways slowing them down. This will also be helpful in falling back or retreating. ( a simple f key could be used, it could be under the f1 commands. Or the better would be is that this will take the place of "follow me" command.

2nd level additions
    Should no.s 3,4,7,10 be implemented... Let's add Grand Battles..
    With 3-4 VPs like hills or towns
    An actual order of battle
    -with limitations to the amount of powerful troops (rifles, guard, heavy cav,artillery) which can be set by admin.
    -chain of command, support for 180 bots and 32 players I suppose
    -Reinforcements when near the spawn base VP. Which encourages retreating, because if an entire unit is wiped out, respawning will take much much longer. (cavalry reinforcements take longer) or there should be a point system.
    -point system: like conquest, but different VPs have different values, and every reinforcements taken will also reduce the points.
        example: 1000 points per team.
            Infantry reinforcement per man = 1 points
            Cavalry reinforcement per man = 4 points
            Respawning an entire infantry regiment = twice the points.
    -general unit, limits to 1 per map I think? With a special item: the map :grin:... nothing fancy. Just a piece of paper that when clicked will open up all scroll like XD. No moving objects, but the general can click it and leave markers for him to remember.
    -battles last 60 minutes. Map is probably 150% as large as huge maps (200% if possible would be better)
    -Generals have the ability to move the Spawn site.  But will take a long time (5 minutes) and can only do it twice per round. It should be at the edge of the map.
    -The spawn site will be marked by a flag I suppose, wherein retreating and battered regiment's officers can interface with and can order reinforcements which will arrive in a 30 second interval. To stop spamming and camping, once an officer has filled in a reinforcement order, he will have to wait 10 minutes to reorder again. (or alternatively) disallow the use of the spawn point if it is under attack.

This could refresh NW and add an entirely different game that I know regiment members and CB enthusiasts would love. Aside from Line Battles, we'd now have Grand Battles :grin:

With a maximum player capacity of 32 players
    Each team could form 4 brigades of 2 regiments each.

This is ambitious I know, but it is within the bounds of possibility. Any modders our there? How about the developers? hehehehe
  7. Unit Stats of Commander Battles???

Been gravitating towards Commander Battles since my horrible lag will not equate to victory or defeat. Out of curiosity, has there been an official unit stats of every unit type in the CB battles? I read somewhere in the manual that there are differences among the unit types among factions...
  8. 38th Valhallan Regiment of Foot (AUS/NZ)

Your in-game name: furyfire
    Steam ID: metalcallous
    What country and state (optional) are you currently in?: Philippines
    Your age: 21
    Do you have TeamSpeak 3?: No, and no microphone
    What do you think you will personally be able to contribute most to the 38thVR?: just another musket, a bit lagging considering where I live in
  9. Faction Theme music

I always find this as a must have music for the LT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNP9lqMVnfw

Start the music. I want you to imagine waking up in a misty field. With a fog so thick you could barely see the rising sun. Now as the music pics pace (0:20) , silhouettes start to appear around you, moving in one direction. tens - hundreds- thousands brigadiers of the radiant cross appear as silhouettes, their eyes determined, passing you by, giving you not even a single shred of attention. Other soldiers appear, auxiliaries. Banners and crosses  are everywhere.
    (1:00) armored cavalry pass by around you, their height making them ominous. Thousands - walking without a word or noise... as you become oblivious to the sound of boots and hooves as the music continues.
    (2:45) the mist slowly parts, until you see an entire Lion Throne Host (3:00) all in glistening glory marching inexorably to what you know as Calradia.
  10. Incredibly general question regarding lore of game?

Non-sense, I shall make up for it by developing realistic game mechanics. All clogged up in my head... all ideas that the total war series failed to do. All I need is money to finance it and the coders and programmers to translate my ideas into a game engine :grin:
  11. Incredibly general question regarding lore of game?

Just reading this thread reminds me all over again of how I feel in love with the TEARTC lore.

An off-topic question: Once I graduate from med school and earn some higher than normal salary, I'm going to finance and produce a Grand Strategy/RTS version of TEARC ala Total War but not quite; where in the net could I possibly find able programmers and coders? :neutral:
  12. Any new unit for next version in warband?

The genius of D'sparil is that he didn't create overly extended unit trees, he just made them simple making each individual special in their own right.

In other games you'd think a regular is nothing compared to an elite of the same unit. Like how you'd always seek veteran swordsmen over swordsmen, But here, the gap between the two is marked including the pay and the skills. For example, would you seek to maintain propugnators or just settle for the "already pricey" brigadiers?

The swadian knight becomes a more epic unit comparing it to the lowly demilancer. Would the effect be the same if there was a gradual build up between? How would it feel if it was demilancer --> Mounted Squire/whatever --> knight --> armored knight???
  13. EATRC History Story Help

I actually imagine the laurian armada being driven by a massive storm drawing right unto the jagged rocks of the Morund eastern sea cliff (don't know the term for that geographical structure). Kinda like a mixture of the actual demise of the Spanish Armada and that of the persian's navy at the movie 300.

yeah....
  14. TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Although I did sense from one of your short stories back then, that Mondo sees none of the other four as worthy ones to take his place when he passes away.
    "Hide it, Holofernes."

Just an inference. I always wanted to explore the relationship of Mondo, Zalera and Elhaym, just not the Super Friends version, since its already well established.
  15. C4 Suggestion & Resumal Thread! No progression/nothing happening.

lol, took you that long to admit that. hehehe... So far, what are your opinions, on what's happening on Murond?
Back
Top Bottom