Recent content by freyj

1. Version 1.152 Compatibility?

Waihti said:
    hirovard said:
    No likly as it seems development for this mod has stopped

are you sure?  :wink:

Great! Could you please update the source here to 4.3 as well? I would like to merge my custom changes...

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1975

Thanks!
  2. Diplomacy 3.3.2+: Allow fief trading & other improvements (updated 2011-06-15)

Found another bug with the feature of asking ladies for feasts.

In my game I have eliminated the kingdom of Rhodok, yet all the ladies say that there is a feast hosted by the kingdom of Rhodok. The location of this supposed feast is a castle that I currently own, and of course there is no feast whatsoever there. Unfortunately I don't have an earlier save to check whether the feast was ongoing when Rhodok was eliminated.
  3. Diplomacy 3.3.2+: Allow fief trading & other improvements (updated 2011-06-15)

Hi, great work.

I found a bug in this feature though:

"In the "willingness to intrigue" check in dialog state lord_recruit_1_relation, added support for certain lady personalities (in terms of how willing they are, and what lines they speak).  Instead of using the defaults, moralistic ladies use the settings for upstanding lords, and ambitious ladies use the settings for cunning lords (added 2011-04-03)"

In particular, in the script "lord_comment_to_s43" in module_scripts.py, you have the following block:

(else_try),
    (this_or_next|eq, ":reputation", lrep_conventional),
    (this_or_next|eq, ":reputation", lrep_otherworldly),
    (assign, ":reputation", lrep_goodnatured),

I believe the second "this_or_next" should simply be removed, because otherwise any lord or lady will become good-natured in their philosophy response.
  4. Knights the Last Battle ver 1

spookytooth said:
    Yes, to be fair to Freyj that's how I read his post and his suggestion of how he could contribute.

But I don't see anything wrong with how the team's doing regarding the English language version anyway. OK there are a few discrepancies regarding spelling etc., but it has no impact on the game - I'm sure no-one's had a problem playing because of it.

Well, the reason that I post this is because today I found a (supposedly) member of the Knight team has sent me a set of csv files containing the full Russian text in a private message. I have to admit that I am scared...
  5. Knights the Last Battle ver 1

Ulrich von Liechtenstein said:
    Freyj, makes the adaptation of the English version. Ask him how much he needed time to work

First come the Russian version, the readiness 98%

I hate to say this, but I guess we have some misunderstanding here - I did not say that I can make a full translation of the Russian text. I cannot read Russian at all, nor do I have time to do a full translation. I was simply suggesting that if you guys put out a new English version and let me play it, I can help fix language discrepancies as I see them in my normal game play.

I feel sorry if you are disappointed, but I believe all English speakers in this thread can testify that I never suggested that I would be capable of doing a full Russian to English translation.
  6. Knights the Last Battle ver 1

Um... I guess I didn't promise "making a super-cool English translation for a drama" or anything like that. I mean, first thing first, I don't read Russian at all. So my "translation" would be as good as Google Translate.

I was simply talking about fixing language discrepancies. Assuming the feature list in the original post is still current, this mod shouldn't have added a large amount of text. So I imagine fixes would most likely be limited in:

1) Reference to Calradia, Swadia, etc. throughout the game
    2) Non-standard names for titles, items, troops (e.g. Swiss Union vs. Swiss Confederation)
    3) Dialogs involving companions (e.g. back story, conflicts, compliments, right of rule quests)

Fixing these things should take care of most of the language related complaints we have seen in this thread.
  7. Knights the Last Battle ver 1

Don't be so picky with the language. After all, this mod is made by non-native English speakers.

I plan to fix the language issue myself once the October patch is out. :smile:
  8. Marriage and Guardiand Relationship Reqs.?

You know what? I have found it much easier to begin with the guardian. Be a stupid mercenary and work your relationship with him up to 20~40, then become a vassal with his king, and then ask him about his daughter. If your renown is high enough, he will say OK. I like this approach better because it works no matter which lady you are interested in.
  9. Mini-Mod - No Wimples for Diplomacy!

Welcome to the modding community!

I admit that I have found that my wife looks better with headgear, although I agree that the percentage of headgear seems too high now. Perhaps I'll mod it so that only MY wife has headgear.  :mrgreen:

Why did you edit the bat file though? You are not supposed to do that...
  10. Marriage and Guardiand Relationship Reqs.?

I would guess you've already screwed up. I have experienced that once, I cheated to make the relationship to 100, and nothing changed. I tried to elope with the lady, but due to her personality she does not agree with eloping even with relationship 100 either. I'd guess these things are by design.

One important note: all these things are native. We all know that many things are not so reasonable in native.
  11. Bug reports and known issues (v4.x, use new bug tracker instead)

Waihti said:
    freyj said:
    I have recently encountered a red error message about scripts when I try to make a trade agreement.

Essentially I talk to my minister (a.k.a wife), choose send emissary to whatever kingdom, then trade-agreement, everything works fine. However, when I choose the companion I wish to send, I got the confirmation message (something like "you really sure about this"), with a red script error notice saying something like "error in the confirmation dialog".

Fortunately, as far as I can tell, everything works fine. The companion did return after a few days, and the trade-agreement was indeed established. Perhaps you could check the script about that particular dialog?

I need more details here. Got a screenshot? The exact error message with the line where the error happend?

Well, I have gone past through that stage of the game. Currently I have recognition with all the three kingdoms left, as well as non-aggression treaty with them. Interestingly, trade-agreement does not even appear in the dialog. I have defensive pact available, but not trade-agreement. Is this intended, or is this thing by itself a bug?
  12. Constable says no

What are you expecting?

Your constable is going to actually send a guy to go from village to village to recruit the peasants for you, and then come back and put them into the garrison. It may take several days, if not longer, for this process to finish.
  13. Bug reports and known issues (v4.x, use new bug tracker instead)

I have recently encountered a red error message about scripts when I try to make a trade agreement.

Essentially I talk to my minister (a.k.a wife), choose send emissary to whatever kingdom, then trade-agreement, everything works fine. However, when I choose the companion I wish to send, I got the confirmation message (something like "you really sure about this"), with a red script error notice saying something like "error in the confirmation dialog".

Fortunately, as far as I can tell, everything works fine. The companion did return after a few days, and the trade-agreement was indeed established. Perhaps you could check the script about that particular dialog?
  14. Bug reports and known issues (v4.x, use new bug tracker instead)

Azoku said:
    I installed the new version of Diplomacy but when i wear a heraldic armor i become invisible. I can't see banner pictures on armors and shields. I was updated MBW to 1.132. I reinstall and update MBW and the problem still occurs. I checked on native but it doesn't have any problem.

Just out of curiosity, I have deleted Diplomacy 3.1.1, updated MBW to 1.132, and installed Diplomacy 3.2. I started a new game and saw no problem in the battered heraldic shield I began with.
  15. "Militarily, you're in no position to come to my help"

The greatest problem I see, is that in many cases the lord I want to recruit only has villages. If they decide to join, the current location of their villages is irrelevant, because they are going to lose these villages anyway. Then this distance to base center thing just becomes laughable.
Back
Top Bottom