Recent content by fizzbich

1. fizzbich

Obama or McCain a.k.a. Oven Chip Man?

Leavemccaintome.jpg
  2. fizzbich

Why can't Lords be killed?

In Gun Thunder for .960 by Mirathei, lords can be killed permanently, unfortunately though they wont have sons hunting you down for vengeance (I can see an entire line of family hunting you for killing there father, grandfather, etc.).  But be warned in the mod when a lord dies, it will make a grave plot on the world map, don't enter the grave or the game will crash.

As far as I know the repository is still down, Mirathei might have made a rapidshare or something on the Gun Thunder thread though.  Regardless of the lords deaths its actually a really good mod, I definitely recommend it.
  3. fizzbich

Peasant Women

makky said:
    ahh screw horse archers the veterans might be alright for garrisoning a castle but I just tend to go with all Lancers...they have bows also and can take a bit more punishment.. :grin:

And getting back to the groupies scenario would be nice if they implemented dicipline and u could maybe kill jesters and such to raise dicipline... :shock:

Maybe, but murdering your soldiers entertainment would logically lead to a drop in morale.  I mean, its not like there's anything wrong with killing defenseless troubadours and such, I just like the idea of keeping mah boys (and sword sisters) happy and cheery.
  4. fizzbich

Getting varied new recruits?

You read correct sir, and it still is true. However to get different kinds of troops from villages, you have to earn a nice relationship with them first, you'll start seeing second tier troops at around +30 relationship I think, and the higher the relationship the better the soldier.  But its still based on chance so even if its at +100 you may not get 20 top tier troops.

As for the bandit recruits, that's a good idea, especially for when you play a game where you become a rebel.
  5. fizzbich

Heroes

Bullfrog said:
    Without getting into proficiencies and suchlike has anyone found one weapon load-out to be more effective? I've made my guys into heavy lancers as follows:

Slot 1: 1/H melee
    Slot 2: Lance/Spear
    Slot 3: Shield
    Slot 4: Empty

They seem to do pretty well, they use the lance while horsed and the 1/h melee when on foot but there's still a nagging suspicion that they'd do better with just the 1/h melee. I have no real way of testing this though, so does anyone know for sure which would tend to be more effective?

Well I've pretty much always found hero ai to be pretty ****ty, at least when it comes to lancing people, I usually just turn them into a wall of steel with armor, shields, and a 1h weapon.  I figure its always best to keep them alive rather then send them out as normal trops anyway though
  6. fizzbich

spartan

There was a 300 mod for .751 or .808 if I remember correctly.  You should go check over at MBX.
  7. fizzbich

List of troops with statistics?

You may want to take a look at the troop editor, just do a search for it.  I know you can edit troop stats with it, so you should then be able to see every troops normal stats.
  8. fizzbich

Slave Ownership

Ah that would be mod section, this actually kind of sounds relevant to The Mage Lords thread.  And it probably has been brought up before, it seems a lot of modding ideas are constantly being rehashed, what with such a huge community for it and all (which is a great thing).

I'm not sure if this kind of thing would have to wait for the module system to be released yet, however it sounds pretty plausible, because I think someone had a tweak where you could retire soldiers in a village, and they would actually help protect that village. So I'm sure you could also land prisoners there and have them become a factor to village prosperity.  But yeah sorry I'm probably not the best person to ask.

Here's The Mage Lord's thread though:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0.html
  9. fizzbich

Betrayal at Calradia 0.2 - a Midkemia Mod for 1.x - Released July 15, 2009

I'll definitely show support for a new mod it sounds like a great idea, maybe after reading the books, I can try modeling some things for you (though be warned I'm quite a lazy person).

Btw, I only seem to have Magician Apprentice, and it seems that this world includes a lot of different books, which do you recommend?
  10. fizzbich

Slave Ownership

While I find the idea of slavery as appealing as the rest of you  :wink:

It kind of sounds like this thread is heading over towards the mod area  :arrow:
  11. fizzbich

Ranged weapons for real men

No horse?

Get a shield.  Seriously, plus Nords seem to love their shield walls, so you'd want to fit in with your new manly friends right?
  12. fizzbich

Peasant Women

While not completely due to this, the term hooker was made popular by a United States General during the Mexican-American War, and The Civil War named Joseph Hooker, because of the apparent bands of women (groupies you could say) that would follow his campaign and the parties that were reported to occur.  The women were then called Hooker's girls, so while not completely relevant to medieval times, I thought it was still pretty interesting.

And it doesn't really surprise me that amongst the supply lines that followed actual medieval armies, that prostitutes and whores may have been available, however this sort of thing would probably occur most of the time in towns during a rest.  And lets just remember Mount & Blade is still a T rated game, so no rape for you  :wink:  there are plenty of other games out there that will cater to those kinds of needs.
  13. fizzbich

Dismount? Why?

Dismounting your boys is also pretty helpful if you need a new ride because your pretty little courser took a javelin to the face in that last battle.  :wink:
  14. fizzbich

How to become Marshall

I also find that I usually get the first fief I ask for, so if while capturing castles and towns I wait until I find one I am particularly fond of before actually requesting it for myself.
Back
Top Bottom