Recent content by Equus

1. Equus

The Fill Me In Thread

Ambalon said:
    Orion said:
    What do you guys do, leave your browser open from the moment you start up to the moment you shut down every day? :neutral:
    That wouldn't mater anyway, since the forums counts you as offline after 15 minutes without opening a new page.
    There used to be a FF addon (beats me if it's still around) that'd reload a page based on a time you set. That defeats it.
  2. Equus

The Fill Me In Thread

Lyze said:
    I couldn't help it! There were 103 voices in my head screaming for me not to do it, but there was that one insidious voice that kept repeating "Yes... you know you want to... give in... give in, yess.... like that."
    :lol:
  3. Equus

The Fill Me In Thread

Archonsod said:
    Equus said:
    SantasHelper, in his last PM, sounded, for lack of a better word, "hunted" by something. Or perhaps he was just a closet drama queen. Very strange.

He had some RL **** getting on top of him, though I didn't pry any further. It's why he blew his top and ultimately decided to take a break.
    That explains it - RL can make us do some pretty wacky stuff sometimes.
  4. Equus

Spin your yarn here! Tales of Valor and...errr...Courage!

Here lies before us the one known as dafreshboy, who once spun a great tale that, alas, fell upon ears far more knowing than he. "Forsooth,", they proclaimed, "he be not wise, the one who makes bogus claims!". For dafreshboy, his tale be not one of valor and courage, but of woe and imagination.

For many months, he traveled from village to village, proclaiming his great deeds for all to hear. But, for those who inquired, much evidence did abound. Evidence that, when added together, proclaimed a much different tale than our young hero did speak. Lies and deceit did abound, and battles fought were nothing more than battles imagined - alliances forged were nothing more than wistful longings.

His mythical steed upon which he slay the mightiest of dragons - nothing more than a humble mule was he. Those dragons be sparrows, as innocent and harmless as could be. The mighty lance he did wield, yes, but nothing more than a broom handle did it prove to be.

A mighty army he possessed, you ask? Why, yes! The one that forced him out after mounting the King's sheep, of course! Many loyal companions, you say? Ye Gods, no! What honest man would be willing to spend a night alone with him?

His claims, oh, how they dogged him! Sleep became elusive, and rest he did not! For he knew, felt in his bones, that those he claimed for enemies now truly were. Suspicious he did become, and oft was he tossed out of taverns, for vigilant eyes supposed him an enemy agent! Oh, woe was he!

Dear dafreshboy's day of reckoning, it did come. At the hands of his enemies, of those he had lied to and deceived, you ask? Nay, I say! For this statement reeks of pun! Trip, oh, trip he did, and die lying face down in a mammoth pile of horse dung!
  5. Equus

Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Radalan said:
    Equus said:
    Radalan said:
    Equus said:
    I want a game that current computers hate to run

I don't.  :roll:

When I look at the tower picture I do see pretty "rich textures".
    Tower picture?

*looks*

Bloody hell - looks like I must retract my statement. :lol: That actually doesn't look half bad.

So if that wasn't the picture which you said had "water that looks complete utter ****", what picture were you talking about?
    Idiot here meant to say video - that part where the camera glides over a stream or something. It's like they tried to make the water appear frothy with all those white streaks in it, but it looks more to me like a moving slab of granite.
  6. Equus

Whats really going on in the world?

A_Mustang said:
    you know what i hate? when i'm gone for a day and everyone writes about 6 pages each of philosophical/technical/governmental material that i can't be craped to figure out even if i had the time to, which i don't. Seriously, don't you guys have jobs or something? or did i last check up on the thread a week ago? my history says 15 hours, but i'm not sure.  :lol:
    Try logging out for about a year like I did. :lol: I just randomly insert pointless thoughts and hope everyone goes with it. :mrgreen:
  7. Equus

Radalan said:
    Equus said:
    I want a game that current computers hate to run

I don't.  :roll:

When I look at the tower picture I do see pretty "rich textures".
    Tower picture?

*looks*

Bloody hell - looks like I must retract my statement. :lol: That actually doesn't look half bad.
  8. Equus

I've become an enemy of the 'neutral' faction!

Perhaps he mistook a cow for his nightly sheep? :razz:
  9. Equus

Selothi said:
    Equus said:
    Selothi said:
    1: Why the **** have graphics become the n°1 criteria for a game's quality ?
    2: They're pretty damn ******** good, given we've got another ... 7 months to wait before initial release date.
    The way Bethesda rants and raves about its games leads one to believe they should look the best they can. But, then again, this is Bethesda we're talking about. :roll:

Are you saying it looks ugly ?

Or is the standard for graphics nowadays über-shiny-winy Crysis 2 style ? I thought people complained of Oblivion's over-blooming everything.
    Yeah, I am. :lol:

Don't know - never did play the original or the second one. Didn't think too much of the prettiness of it or the original from screenshots, though. Oblivion did over-bloom everything, though.

I'm looking for rich textures with some kind of permanence to them - to me, those recent screenies don't much elevate it beyond Oblivion. Where's the feel of "this village/castle/ruin/whatever has been here since time immoral"? And what's with the water? It looks like complete and utter ****. I want a game that current computers hate to run, not one that plays well on the wrecks that Billy-Joe and his inbred cousin Hank own.
  10. Equus

Battlefield 3

Attention, DICE: I'm still waiting for my Low-Orbit Ion Cannon.
  11. Equus

The Fill Me In Thread

Perhaps I should amend that last sentence to read "Let sleeping Mercs lie" then. :lol:

I just remember searching back then for anything further on the whole thing and, aside from the "Why? Why must you do this, you bastards?!?" topics, the forum seemed to be pretty quiet over the whole issue.

SantasHelper, in his last PM, sounded, for lack of a better word, "hunted" by something. Or perhaps he was just a closet drama queen. Very strange.
  12. Equus

Selothi said:
    1: Why the **** have graphics become the n°1 criteria for a game's quality ?
    2: They're pretty damn ******** good, given we've got another ... 7 months to wait before initial release date.
    The way Bethesda rants and raves about its games leads one to believe they should look the best they can. But, then again, this is Bethesda we're talking about. :roll:
  13. Equus

The Fill Me In Thread

Does anybody know what all went on with the Calradia Rising mod and the whole Pay-For Mods thing? I happened to be MIA for all but the tail end of it, and only showed up after SantasHelper had left the forum.

I'd been helping with some character background design, and mentioned the Pay-For thing on the CR forum in case that were to impact the mod, as I knew how many items there were in it that were included based on permission from other modders. I was thinking somebody might decide SantasHelper needed to pay them for use of the item(s) or something. All I got was a snarky reply from Mercenary and a Charlie Sheen-esque PM from SantasHelper accusing me of being a co-conspirator out to get him. He later retracted that, but it sounded like he'd actually been threatened legally by the developers or someone else high up in TaleWorlds.

I've always wondered what all went on with that - does anybody know? Or should I just let sleeping dogs lie?
  14. Equus

Battlefield 3

Nice! :shock:
  15. Equus

I still say the game is shaping up to be a couple years behind graphically, at least. Or are these shots from a console?
Back
Top Bottom