Recent content by EdgeCrusher420

1. EdgeCrusher420

MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

Mount and blade really does not have a community that can be trusted with proximity voice chat, and i'm not even sure they would be able to implement such feature anyway.
    Yeah, Unfortunately Warband PW had some pretty toxic people, This is problem number one. Not everyone was so deplorable though.

I have little doubt that proximity voice CAN be implemented. I tend to worry about it for another reason, though. I really enjoy the roleplaying aspect of the mod and tend to play more non-combatants than fighters but my RP characters could be anybody in text chat. I could be any gender, age, nationality, temperment etc. that I wanted to be. I'm a top notch RPer and writer of some back stories etc. but I do not have a talent for voice acting. If I had to use voice I kinda feel like i would lose the ability to properly play those other characters. Everyone will just be their own lame-o, boring selves with their squeaker/monotone voices etc.
  2. EdgeCrusher420

Three small updates and no patch notes

Guess they don't feel like they need to put out full patch notes for 2 lines of changes.
  3. EdgeCrusher420

Need More Info 1.3 Crash On Loading Save File

There was one of those stealth patch things in steam today. About 2 hours ago. I'm pretty sure whatever they are changing is breaking previous 1.3 saves.
  4. EdgeCrusher420

Need More Info Crash 1.3 beta when trying to load further into game files

Older 1.2 saves will work normally with a module mismatch prompt. It's just 1.3 saves that are effected. 1.3 has received 2 undocumented patches from steam since 1.3 was first launched. Each one of these new stealth patches breaks the previous 1.3 save games.

Its perhaps the fact we are not getting the module prompt that is the issue or something else they are changing in these patches. I wish they would tell us.
  5. EdgeCrusher420

Need More Info 1.3 Crash On Loading Save File

I can load games from far back that were on 1.2 the module prompt comes up, select yes and continue normally. It's just the saves from earlier in 1.3 that no longer load. 1.3 has received 2 undocumented patches in since it was first released. Each one of these mini patch things is breaking the earlier 1.3 saves.
  6. EdgeCrusher420

MP Native [Update 1] Persistent Realms - Bannerlord Role-Play.

Sorry but i'm a bit confused. I played many hundreds of hours of PW on warband and did plenty or roleplaying there. I'm curious as to if this is a whole new module or if this is like a group or server within an existing Persistent type mod.

Unless i'm wrong, this was a group in PW for warband but now you are developing a new mod in Bannerlord?
    Well, good luck to you. Anything PW, PK or RP related has me really excited. I can't help much with any coding, I just have a bit of scene making experience.
  7. EdgeCrusher420

Bannerlord Editor tools - rumour mill

This is my favorite one, about the map editor. I also can't wait to get my hands on this and start making scenes for any upcoming persistent world type mods.

8. EdgeCrusher420

Resolved Save Problem

Its not a firewall issue. There was some unannounced download today with no notes. the 1.3 saves from before it no longer load. Older saves from 1.2 seem to load though after the module prompt. Its just the other 1.3 save games from before the hotfix.
  9. EdgeCrusher420

Please don't skimp on the RP features for the mod. We will now supposedly have the potential for far greater distances between areas on the map. I think of the need to get a cart and horses as well as having to hire guards when going to the mines/ trading between town etc. Sure that existed in Warband PW but now the castles won't all be within sight distance of each other and those bandits will have much more opportunity to hide and ambush you along the way. Travelling through the countryside will be much more of experience.

I did a bit of scene editing work later in the PW days and loved it, I can't wait to get into the scene editing tools for Bannerlord. I loved to make detailed scenes but would always run into prop limit restrictions and scene size limitations making the map seem so small and transitions between "regions" be very jarring. Now I hope we will have much more freedom there. Taleworlds have thrown out some very large numbers for scene sizes and large numbers for concurrent users etc. Again, going back to my first paragraph, I really am looking forward to vast countrysides/ deserts/ forests/ following rivers for miles/ lands dotted with small villages and old ruins.

We will also have access to many more character models (women, children, animals) and many more props and animations as well as having access to more tavern games and other diversions. Combat, faction wars and the threat of danger are essential in Kingdoms but I sometimes tend to enjoy more and have better memories of the non-combat moments and the times of immersive role play.

On another note, I think I would prefer a scene where all the factions and lore are based on Bannerlord SP lore. Meaning, have the factions on the map actually be "Battania", "Sturgia" etc. but it would also be nice to have the minor factions represented as well. So you could join the "Wolfskins", "Hidden hand" or the "Karakhuzaits". Each faction would have access to the same gear and classes that exist in the SP lore. Much of this would depend on the scene and what the scener chooses to include or where it's located in Calradia.

I could go on and on about this stuff but I'll end it here for now. So these are all just suggestions, anecdotes and ramblings trying to start some discussions, not demands on the mod devs.
  10. EdgeCrusher420

Is there any actual news on the official mod and editing tools? I really want to get my hand on the editor to start making a scene for this or similar persistent mods.
  11. EdgeCrusher420

Has anyone completed the main quest?

All I know is, your younger siblings and brother are long gone. It's been years since they were abducted and bro left with bandit dude. Way to get side tracked player character.
  12. EdgeCrusher420

Bannerlord Persistent World mod. I can't stop thinking about what it could be.

This thread has 24,000+ views. I guess people are interested in PW huh?
  13. EdgeCrusher420

@bodhi68k It exists/existed for Warband. I would probably consider it one of the longer lasting and popular multiplayer mods for it. If it could be done there then I'm sure it can be done in Bannerlord. That's another reason why I showed the developer video in the OP. They really want to make this game easily moddable. The Mods and Modders are the ones that really kept Warband going for years.
  14. EdgeCrusher420

Am I the only one thinking we just forgot about saving our siblings?

(Very mild "story" spoilers) So we are brought into the world of Bannerlord to find out that our parents have just been killed and our younger siblings abducted by raiders. Our big brother seems to think he knows just what to do. You and bro attack the raiders and capture the big baddie. He...
  15. EdgeCrusher420

I know its still crazy early to be thinking about it but all I can think about is how amazing a "persistent world" mod is going to be when it finally comes around. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a lot to explain but ill try to sum it up. It is a current mod for Warband though it...
Back
Top Bottom