Recent content by Duke Baron Kingslord

1. The future for the Brytenwalda team

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
  2. Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

I'd really like a manor system similar to Anno Domini 1257's. If you're not familiar, you can use gold to buy land, start a manor, and get dozens of upgrades to the manor to increase revenue and even recruit special units. I think it would work well historically with the mod.
  3. The future for the Brytenwalda team

DerHerbst said:
    I know exactly what they are up to! If you want to find out, just send me $9.99 to my Paypal account and I will...um...get right back to you.  Yeah...

At this point I would consider paying to get an inside look. And I would definitely pay 9.95 for the actual mod when it is released. Brytenwalda was (and is) the best mod for Warband I have played.
  4. The future for the Brytenwalda team

DerHerbst said:
    They are working on a spin-off of Tomb Raider called, "Barrow Raider: Light in the Dark Ages" where the character goes around and digs up burial mounds.  It's a first person shooter/blade game like a mix of Doom and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.  The character is an archeologist who uncovers a 10th century map of notable Anglo-Saxon burial mounds in England.  As the mounds are excavated, the character must fend off possessed and zombie-like beings that are former Saxon chieftains and warriors. 

the last level takes place in a special tomb containing the zombified skeletons of Penda and King Alfred the Great, which the character must kill in order to win the game.

Sounds EPIC! Hopefully them had booty shorts and cut-off tank tops in 10th century England. And Glocks.
  5. The future for the Brytenwalda team

Suspense is killing me. I gotsta know what is coming next from the Brytenwalda team.
  6. The future for the Brytenwalda team

This is the best mod for Warband I've played. I can't wait for your work on a Viking type mod. Until then I think I hear the horn of the Jutes in fair Britainia.
  7. Campaign map - help to improve it

I recently played a game starting as a vassal of Norway as The Lord of Porshofn. After an enjoyable 100 days or so I have two suggestions that would make playing in hat area more enjoyable.

1) tie the settlements in the Norwegian islands north of Scotland to castles on those islands, not to the Norwegian mainland. It detracts from the playability of that area by essentially making it impossible for England, Scotland or Scotia Maior to seriously contest for them. It also makes a possible rebellion against the crown in those areas extremely difficult to pull off. I wanted to create my own kingdom out of those islands but had to take three castles on mainland Norway to do so.

2) please make sea travel a bit faster. Please please please please  :grin: :grin:

Other than those two minor gres this is the best warband mod I've played. Thanks for all your hard work.
  8. General Suggestion thread - 0.97Beta.

Is there a way to text edit boat travel speed? I feel like sea travel is just a little too slow.

9. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

fuzzyballs01 said:
    Duke Baron Kingslord said:
    I've really been thinking over the settlement conquest situation, and I think TLD got it right. I'm sure there are those who disagree, but I think maybe there should be an option to play a TLD style, wandering captain game and an option to play a traditional M&B type game.

what if I never bought the original mount and blade, and thus never even played the last day? I have no idea what you mean with "TLD style"

Apologies. TLD is The Last Days mod for original Mount and Blade. If you've never had the original M&B then you're missing out, my favorite game of all time. In M&B you can capture cities and castles and control them as parts of the kingdom that you run/belong to. In TLD you couldn't capture enemy settlements, you could only sack and destroy them. This makes more sense to me in the context of LOTR lore.
  10. 1257 AD F.A.Q.

Is there a way to text edit boat travel speed? I feel like sea travel is just a little too slow.
  11. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

I've really been thinking over the settlement conquest situation, and I think TLD got it right. I'm sure there are those who disagree, but I think maybe there should be an option to play a TLD style, wandering captain game and an option to play a traditional M&B type game.
  12. Suggestions and Critique

Love the mod, but please implement a manor system like the one in AD 157.
  13. Quest Suggestions - Europe 1200 Warband

Europe 1200 is one of the best three mods I've played for Warband, but AD 1257 has one feature that would be cool in this mod - the manor system. Have you guys considered implementing it?
  14. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

I was thinking something along those lines, like a "corruption" (for Mordor, say) or "purification" (for Imladris) meter that allowed you to recruit increasing numbers of troops as the conquered area was gradually turned more towards your faction. It's just a brainstorm idea, the actual mechanics and coding would have to be worked out.

Maybe you could even take up quests from town elder types who are trying to convert the land to your people's way of life. For example, resettling refugees from Dol Amoth to a province in Harad to "Gondorize" it slowly.
  15. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Having read about 100 pages into this thread, I am a little concerned with how conquering cities/settlements will be implemented. If Gondor takes Barad Dur, does that mean they'll be able to recruit orcs? That seems a little silly. Are you going to implement a modified conquest and recruitment system? If you haven't given any thought to it I'd like to try to think one up for you.
Back
Top Bottom