Recent content by dhelfyre

1. dhelfyre

PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

serchine said:
    Glad to hear one can create Griffon Order by following Pendor culture alone.
    Doesn't work.
    20 relation, over 100 honor, 5000+ renown, and 1 mil denars. Pendor Culture. No Darilon nor letter. Still cannot found a chapter.
  2. dhelfyre

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

> You cannot capture unique spawns whilst undergoing "challenging task" from knighthood orders. You can capture Lords. The "got away" screen does not even show up for the unique spawns. This means to me that their "capture roll" is entirely ignored.

>I cannot found Order of the Griffon despite having Old Pendor culture in my new Kingdom. Your 3.9 change log claims that you can do so without Sir Darilon nor the letter at character creation.
  3. dhelfyre

Upon beating Sir Boris the Raven, no message screen came up (captured nor ran away msg). I talked to Ragnbjorg the Bear in his message screen, but nothing with Boris. Not even "ran away". No reward for defeating Sir Boris the Raven besides the loot screen after the Ragnbjorg and then the prisoner recruit table. I've gotten qualis gems from other unique spawns so its specifically an issue with this guy. I checked the pop wiki and it claims he's still a unique spawn, changing his money ransom reward into diamonds, etc etc etc. Not a huge deal, just a tip maybe you could look into it?

https://i.imgur.com/MSLM8Kn.jpg
  4. dhelfyre

Feedback/observations for v3.9

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
    I am satisfied with most of the changes.
    Except the mechanic of God’s bow.

According to the code, before 3.9 there is one “supposed” way to hold the bow- “player himself equip it when wolfbode is defeated”.
    And now this one removed, it feels the lore was changed, it feels the voice of the god, the unique texture of the bow is wasted.

In older versions I felt it was a “gift” as told, god only took it when player didn’t respect it.(do not use it to fight with wolfbode)

Before 3.5 god gave ruby bow directly, and I had no problem to hold it, because I USED it myself all the way.

I guess just too many players tended to “exploit” the bow, so that they forgot or never know the damn true way to hold the bow, which led to the result that the bow became useless for skillful players. :meh:
    tbh it’s perfect how they handled Ullr Vetr. It’s PoP’s version of Excalibur. If you read Arthuran myth, one face of the blade was inscribed with the phrase “take me up” and the other side of the blade inscribed with “cast me away”. A weapon used for its holy purpose is not wasted, it’s a matter of respect to the weapon itself. All in all, my hero given a mythical weapon for a single god-given purpose got me giddy instead of fearful of the prospective challenge before me.

If you want a rune bow that bad, you can already get it for almost free with the two qualis gems in the chests.
  5. dhelfyre

serchine said:
    Some lords without a fief and wealth stay in the kingdom's capital indefinitely, if I ask them what are they doing, they say they're raising soldiers, but the number of their troops remains the same for at least 50 days and they haven't leave the city for even once. How to fix this, do I have to find a way to give them fiefs?
    serchine said:
    I'm pretty sure this is a bug, lords losing all fiefs sometimes won't raise soldiers at all, they'll stay in a walled fief indefinitely.
    It's been 80 in-game days, this bugged lord never leaves Sarleon, or recruit one unit.
    The workaround I find is to complete a soldier training quest for the bugged lord, after I transferred the soldiers to him, he will act normal again. At first I have both lords in the first image bugged, and I managed to get Lord Aledfried out of Sarleon, however the other fellow, Lord Othon is of sadistic nature, I asked him for quest many times and he only wants me to start war with other kingdoms.
    8nmbepM.jpg
    BEMM9UA.jpg

Same here. They do not recruit soldiers while in town. They stay there forever. The lords are all lesser: either fief-less or own a single village.
  6. dhelfyre

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Thank you! You guys are champ!

PARTY DANCE TIME https://i.imgur.com/DTsCrjr.gif
    While we download the mod of course!
  7. dhelfyre

[DISCUSSION] Tales of Pendor (V3.7)

Folly
    Upon the beginning of the new month, the King rode once and once again out of between the trees at the edge of the Larian Woods. To Cez, his knights now followed their King for the realm's weekly feast; and all the Lords were in attendance. For it was an anniversary of sorts this time here. It was the last city to fall to the King in the wars past. He only showed briefly for the feast yet he made time to speak with everyone present. The King allowed everyone to take in the beauty of the shiny new Dragon Tear he'd somehow obtained from the depths of the wood.

Wonder and loyalty of the nobles captured,
    Land, towns and all the fiefs conquered,
    with Pendor secured and reunited
    A new period of peace
    with a realm barren of threat;
    its Lord grows bored

And so inevitably, the Knights of the Realm were gathered.
    The Windriders, the Dragons, Lions, Griffons, Falcons, Valkyries, Raven Spear, Dawn and Eventide.
    The Immortals, the Shadow Legion, the Wolves and even a legion and a half of Scorpions and all the other knights in between.
    The Silvermist and Ebony Gauntlet, however, were the first the show
    From all the land's four corners the King's ranks swelled with Knights starved for battle.

The King's Knightly legions stretched across the rolling plains as far as the eye could see.
    The ground gave a gentle rumbling to those on the other side of the mountain.
    Into the woods beyond Laria the Knights and their King sojourned
    And once past the trees on the hill their march faded
    Only to never again ride out from between the trees once more.

8. dhelfyre

Whats your favorite thing about PoP?

Gorvex said:
    dhelfyre said:
    Unfortunately, this also brings to mind my greatest gripe with the companion lords in PoP: they do not field knights/sergeants from the fiefs they own! Whether or not this is by design, it makes me feel that the Knighthood chapter I made is wasted. I've ended up praying for that fief to be taken by another faction so I can retake it and put it to better use. Since I have Adonja running around with her four Bearclaw Berserkers and leaving a motherlode of Silvermist Rangers sitting in the castle I gave her, I'm not very motivated to making my companions Lords of walled fiefs in 3.9. Its kind of sad though. I was dreaming of having my companion lords lead their unique armies complemented with a plethora of knights. Y'know. Like for starters: Adonja's Bearclaw Berserkers complemented by Silvermists, shadow wolves and legions for example. Or with Frederick i woulda given him immortals, wolves, scorpions and ebony gauntlets. I've had dreams/plans for each companion by now lol Its peculiar to me that i can find no discussion on this topic in the PoP forums here. Oh well, if only...  :roll: :wink:
    What are you talking about? :grin: I don't remember companion lords not getting KO units from their own chapter in 3.8.4... Anyways, in 3.9, your companions promoted to be your vassals will surely receive reinforcements from the KO chapter they own :iamamoron::
    9CEB8155284EAAA8AE2333E9B6401796726C8E33
    8AA5F1ABE03F1D72A7B1C35526A54F449403D027
    YES HOORAY!!!!! Thank you. Looking forward to it! SOON
  9. dhelfyre

PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

MitchyMatt said:
    Sunday, until 11:59pm EST
    *holds breath* :oops: :mrgreen:
  10. dhelfyre

Whats your favorite thing about PoP?

Carthago Delenda Est said:
    So, my favourite thing about PoP is troop variety, you can encounter dozens of units in a single battle. It is really great.
    Y'know this is probably the one thing I would say that puts PoP above the rest of the mods around here. When I became king, it was a wonderful surprise for me when I realized the factional order knight (culture) mechanics. This meant with a single walled fief, a (notable) Lord would field up to three types of Knights: One from their culture's factional knights, one being their household troop, and then the last type of knight from the Knighthood Order residing in their very walled fief. Lords having a special variety of troops adds flavor to the medieval melee simulator that is M&B.

Unfortunately, this also brings to mind my greatest gripe with the companion lords in PoP: they do not field knights/sergeants from the fiefs they own! Whether or not this is by design, it makes me feel that the Knighthood chapter I made is wasted. I've ended up praying for that fief to be taken by another faction so I can retake it and put it to better use. Since I have Adonja running around with her four Bearclaw Berserkers and leaving a motherlode of Silvermist Rangers sitting in the castle I gave her, I'm not very motivated to making my companions Lords of walled fiefs in 3.9. Its kind of sad though. I was dreaming of having my companion lords lead their unique armies complemented with a plethora of knights. Y'know. Like for starters: Adonja's Bearclaw Berserkers complemented by Silvermists, shadow wolves and legions for example. Or with Frederick i woulda given him immortals, wolves, scorpions and ebony gauntlets. I've had dreams/plans for each companion by now lol Its peculiar to me that i can find no discussion on this topic in the PoP forums here. Oh well, if only...  :roll: :wink:
  11. dhelfyre

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

You have training grounds in Avendor? A sheriff in the village?
  12. dhelfyre

Freyja Playthrough

Ok guys one thing I gotta say before I start; I am blown away by this mod. Its amazing. I got this game back when warband came out on steam, it was fun with tweakMB and changing the rgl configs and beating it a couple times was fun on native and Floris. Since them i've replaced my damaged laptop...
  13. dhelfyre

My companion died!?

gdwitt said:
    I don't understand the question.
    The autosaves go in the same place as saves.
    Mydocuments/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames
    I can't reload a save to the point before my companions are dead.
  14. dhelfyre

My companion died!?

gdwitt said:
    Maybe you can research work with this tool: http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-warband/downloads/mount-blade-savegame-editor-converter
    You can access your heroes (or at least their native correlates) and maybe assign them to your faction or provide them bonuses.
    I don't know any better solution other than save your game regularly and keep a separate folder for older save games.
    This behavior is somewhat random and that's what savegames are for.
    What do you do when your game file autosaves and can't quit without saving?
  15. dhelfyre

My companion died!?

I have this issue. Practically ALL of my companions are "dead." After a botched fight against the invading King of Connaught, the last of them have disappeared.

Agasicles, Aleifr, Athrwys, Brian, Clovis, Gwenllian, Inka, Liuva, Mihael, Osmund, and Siwi.

I have only Ultan left; whom I assigned as my temporary minister. The big Kaput happened today, but I've been missing Arthrwys and Clovis for at least 250 in-game days. No travellers in the inns have their names on the menu. Only Info I can find on them is on the player's companions menu and they're all like: "Contact found in Caer Meguaidd/Seals-ey/Aegelesburh" or whatever other town. I've scoured these towns to no avail. Importing characters from camp actions menu says " import successful" but they show up nowhere... I'm kinda at a loss here. Don't feel like playing much anymore since I don't have my buddies.
Back
Top Bottom