Recent content by DarthSpasti

1. DarthSpasti

Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Splintert said:
    Let me tell you about a time before PW had name tags at all.

It sucked.

That's why we have name tags.

Wow what a constructive little piece of... wait for it... a genius you are. Come on at least say WHY it sucked? I sometimes like remembering the very first versions of PWmos and they werent bad at all. The bad about those penetrant tags is that you are forced to use them as the others do to prevent being killed on sight by someone who uses them just to hunt down people of the other factions or to insta-find someone he wants to kill for any reason. It shouldn't be meant to be played like that.
  2. DarthSpasti

But you should atleast remove those toggleable big thick name labels above everyones head. Not just because the sometimes really spam the whole screen though this would atleast make spying in other factions also be possible as you dont see everyones faction colour floating above their heads. Also you would be able to hide in the bushes. VoS for example has so many great and originally for ambushing designed places... it would be a shame to simply restrict this by allowing the player to know everything about the one hes looking at by... well... ugh... just looking at him!?

You sometimes highlight the teamwork and interactional aspect of PWmod. Why you should now work against this by letting everyone know everyone at once?  :grin:
  3. DarthSpasti

Azrayel said:
    Lai said:
    Don't really see the lord's importance and why a faction would protect him at all.

On the other hand, it often happens that lord is displaced just becouse a group of people join just to take over the faction, so they initiate the poll shouting F9 in the faction chat, so they win and an unknown person becomes a lord, he changes the banner and renames a faction to "kickass" just because he thinks it's funny. I'd suggest the election poll can only be initiated while the lord is waiting to be respawned, to bring some stability to factions and yes, some RP possibilities.

But then what if you want to hand over power? It all gets very sticky.

I think this is a map design issue; a faction should have tight control over training stations to avoid roving groups of Hedge Knights party-crashing.

The lord is important because you always need someone who gives the comands. Otherwise you would just have a random bunch of different people with the same color in the same place. If you dont believe me, just do a experiment: Join a populated PW-Server with a big group of supporters who can help you against possibly occuring polls against your lordship and become Lord of a populated Faction. Now don't give any orders, the best would be don't do any communication. If there isn't anyone who takes over the lead by not being Lord the faction members would first start to do anything they want and spread over the whole map until they get sick of it, get bored and leave the faction to join another one that is better lead.

So the Lord has to give commands and orders. First to strengthen his kingdom, second to keep his servants busy. How he gives those commands is quite different as I've seen some Clanmember open a faction and lead them very well, as well as some Clans just giving a **** on economy and stability and just rushing against the enemies stand, though they dont even have armour and money to equip their soldiers with.
    Same for normal players that don't belong to any group or Clan...

But in the end those rushers, who to be honest just ruin the clue of pwmod could be eliminated even before they start rushing everything to death (and they weren't able to rejoin as a Lord for a certain timelimit or any trigger).

If you just make the poll available when there is no Lord in the Faction: Ergo, if youre not satisfied with your current Lord you'd have to abandon the faction and start a revolt. Also means there cannot be just a group of players taking over a faction only by their sheer number by a poll. They would have to kill this Lord somehow and this would be avoidable so they must not take over the faction. The thing with giving power to the next one, when leaving is now also less complicated than you think: You leave -> Your agent dies (maybe he got a heart attack or had brutal cholera) -> no Lord in faction so there can be a poll.

4. DarthSpasti

reyman said:
    This will boost up the roleplay a lot

That's the point :grin: It would also let some of the boring moments disappear as there would be a deeper scenario that could develop itself really fast. I think it would let every round of pwmod also be felt as a huge "game of thrones-like event" that you can take part in to influence it's story line or stay aside and spectate it's effects as a farmer or normal peasant...

Vornne, please, let heroes be born, assassins blades be hired and kings be crowned for the sake of breathtaking plots in pwmod!!! :grin:
  5. DarthSpasti

Suggestion of mine: Would it be possible to make the privilege of being a faction lord only lasting for one life?

Main idea is -> If a factions lord gets killed he would respawn as normal soldier in his faction. So the Lords life would be more worth than the normal footmans (which isnt that unrealistic since were speaking of an medieval society) and his protection would be a more important thread. Also this way you could finally kill faction leaders instead disabling them for 30 seconds.
    I would maybe also recommend (but quite optional) making this former lord unavailable for lord election polls and unable to use the train as lord pole for maybe a quite small time limit (like 15 minutes) or until at least two other lords took the lead.

In fact I think it could center the interfactional conflicts on the leaders of the factions, making the thread of politics and all its ways more present, including assassinations, the struggle for maximal influence in the own territory and so on.

It would also prevent senceless rushing with leaving all the economy behind, how I think.

I think it'd be worth at least a serious discussion. :grin:
  6. DarthSpasti

hey, sry for maybe reposting but i cant find a thread to this problem anymore... however i felt like playing some pw today and tried to join the server, but get instant-kicked am i now banned or is it a bug?
  7. DarthSpasti

The Bowman said:
    Since we now have moving props I think this idea can still work. Place two skyboxes instead of one, so at night, the second skybox will move down and just "hide" the first one.

Dunno if that would work but as the skybox consists of a sphere which is neither moveable nor scaleable [Skyboxes arent a freely paceable prop], I would say... no. So the only way to make a day night change would be resetting the server and switching to the same map with another skybox and lightlevel, which would really **** up everything, even with saving-system, which anyway never will get introduced as it would kill pwmod in certain ways :grin:
  8. DarthSpasti

_Redemption_ said:
    EDIT: Also anything on servers taking the IRL map and adapting the hour on the map, for exemple it's midnight IRL, the server will be at night, it's midday IRL, it'll be day in game.

I think this quite isnt possible as the skybox would have been to be changed and this isnt possible unless the server is restarted. The server would have to reset every hour (as you permitted for hourwise day- and night-changes) and so all players would also loose their ranks and gold and so on - Only for changing day to night... PWmod "Groundhog Day"-Style :grin:
  9. DarthSpasti

Sry, didnt thought it already was suggested. But why are the crossbows that ****ed up?

Gonna they be changed in next Update?

Please it looks totally awful as theyre flying in the air beneath the peoples bodies...  :mad:
  10. DarthSpasti

There is a local chat for speaking and a local for shouting. Why there is none for whispering? Could one be implemented? A local chat that reaches maybe 1 meter or less.
  11. DarthSpasti

His name was Jan_Zizka_z_Trocnova... Know it 'cause I took some screenies how I said...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028301063/screenshot/541806785271634001/?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028301063/screenshot/541806785271628353/?

Never have seen anything like that... But there are admin codes for that? What for? Are you kidding?
  12. DarthSpasti

Saboteur100 said:
    DarthSpasti said:
    Btw, Vornne. Is hacking in PWmod possible in any way? I don't want you to tell me how, but is it? I've seen a guy last night on RCC-Server having a K/D of 64/0...

He was probably online for hours and hours, that would explain it.

But in the end he killed 64 enemies in PWmod without a death. And he was online about 5 hours I think, if he didn't disconnect as I went offline... I also took some screenies he was spiked with arrows as well as his horse and was man at arms. Fortunately he was in my faction in the end :grin: But still it cant be possible to get 64/0, is it? Somewhen you have to fight at a big disadvantage.
  13. DarthSpasti

Btw, Vornne. Is hacking in PWmod possible in any way? I don't want you to tell me how, but is it? I've seen a guy last night on RCC-Server having a K/D of 64/0...
  14. DarthSpasti

As the new Patch with animals in it I've seen a lot of people randoming deers and boars instead of players. That might be good but on the other hand it ruins the economy 'cause the hunters or people with hunting skills just cant restock leather as well as meat. As most of these randomers use horses to hunt them down, because then they cant be trampled wouldn't it be a good idea to make horses getting frightened from boars, so they are really hard to control when boars are near them?

After searching some time in OSP-Forum I found something quite useful if you agree with me. It's meant to be used for camels but using it for boars should at least minimize the rate of senceless boarkilling on the servers.

Here's the link for the code: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158440.0.html

And the main part of code inserted in Spoiler...

horses_spook = (
      2, 0, 0, [],#Every six seconds
          [
    (try_for_agents, ":cur_agent"),
        (try_begin),
            (neg|agent_is_human,":cur_agent"),
            (agent_is_alive,":cur_agent"),
            (agent_get_item_id,":horse_type", ":cur_agent"),
            (try_for_range,":camel",camels_begin,camels_end),
                (eq,":horse_type",":camel"),#If this horse is a camel
                (agent_get_position,pos2,":cur_agent"),
                    (try_for_agents,":enemy_horse"),
                        (assign,":canspook",1),
                        (neg|agent_is_human,":enemy_horse"),#See if its a horse
                        (agent_is_alive,":enemy_horse"),#Make sure he's not dead
                        (agent_get_item_id,":enemy_horse_type",":enemy_horse"),
                            (try_for_range,":camel",camels_begin,camels_end),                   
                                (eq,":enemy_horse_type",":camel"),#Can't scare other camels
                                (assign,":canspook",0),
                            (try_end),
                        (store_random_in_range,":chance",1,11),
                        (agent_get_rider,":enemy_rider",":enemy_horse"),
                        (agent_get_troop_id,":ridertroop",":enemy_rider"),
                        (store_skill_level,":riding",skl_riding,":ridertroop"),
                        (val_add,":chance",":riding"),
                            (try_begin),
                            (ge,":chance",10),
                            (assign,":canspook",0),
                            (end_try),
                        (try_begin),
                            (eq,":canspook",1),
                            (agent_get_position,pos1,":enemy_horse"),
                            (get_distance_between_positions,":dist",pos1,pos2),#In CM
                            (try_begin),
                                (le,":dist",3500),#Within 35m
                                (agent_set_animation,":enemy_horse","anim_horse_rear"),
                            (try_end),
                        (try_end),
                    (try_end),
            (try_end),
            (try_end),
        (try_end)])
  15. DarthSpasti

Is it possible to give a effect to that grinder? Maybe for craftsmen to actually create a weapon with attribute sharpened,
    giving it a little more damage just like the opposite of the blunt weapons when spawning. Also the possibility to make falchions out of blunt falchions, but just when having some skill in engineering. When selling a sharpened item the attribute gets lost.

This scene-prop is always standing in the hall where I'm making weapons and it's shouting at me: "Use me! Use me!" Would be really nice.
Back
Top Bottom