Recent content by danblog30

1. Shogun - Sengoku Jidai (OLD DISCUSSION TOPIC)

I recently changed the sea raiders from Nords into Japanese sea raiders, with Japanese gear and faces.  If you want my altered sea raiders let me know, and if yes how best to send you the file.
  2. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

I was wondering with this editor can I assign say the city of Praven to the Nord faction at the start of the game?  And if so, how would I go about that?

Thanks,
  3. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

I was wondering if I wanted to change which faction started with which towns etc. which folder should I look in?

Appreciate and Answer.
  4. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

I've been messing around with adding new characters and mercenaries, of a more roman demeanor, but I haven't figured out how the dialogue stuff works.  If you could write a tutorial or point me to a good one I would much appreciate it.  I would be willing to provide you with any end results of my work.

Thanks,
  5. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Vympel said:
    danblog30 said:
    Found an error.  I've noticed that some of the castles and towns of other factions, treat my forces as enemies, despite that peace is declared between our factions.  Example two factions this has occurred with is the Mierce and Hwicce.  Both I've fought wars with in the past but are currently at piece with, and now both if I try to enter one of their towns to trade, it gives me the option to either try to sneak in or besiege the town.  By the way I'm currently part of the Augusta faction, if that helps.

Thanks,

The lords of those castles/cities are pissed at you thats why.

Oh, sorry didn't know that.  In the stock game if a lord is irked at you, you just can't build a business in his town.  But your way adds an interesting dimension and is certainly more realistic.

Thanks,
  6. Map Editor for Warband

I was wondering if this map editor not work if the copy is bought through steam.  Because every time I try to run it, it keeps saying this and that texture is missing.  Does anyone know?
  7. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Found an error.  I've noticed that some of the castles and towns of other factions, treat my forces as enemies, despite that peace is declared between our factions.  Example two factions this has occurred with is the Mierce and Hwicce.  Both I've fought wars with in the past but are currently at piece with, and now both if I try to enter one of their towns to trade, it gives me the option to either try to sneak in or besiege the town.  By the way I'm currently part of the Augusta faction, if that helps.

Thanks,
  8. Is anyone making a Warband map editor?

Can't get the map editor to work.  Keep saying can't find M&B directory.  Even though I've loaded it right into the directory.
  9. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

I believe the Romans didn't strap their arms to their shields.  Instead they just held it by a handle in the center.  Which is one of the main reasons the Scutum was concave so it balanced to prevent it from striking the knees.  One of the reasons they preferred using the handle method, was because they liked usingtheir shields as a battering ram, punching their opponents off balanced.  Having it strapped to your arm restricts its offensive movement.

Thanks, love the mod. 
  10. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Sorry about getting the date of the setting theme wrong.  It's a little confusing, because there still dialogue in the game that keeps referring to King Author, who I believe reign during the fifth or sixth century.  But thanks for answering my question.
  11. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

I like to make a suggestion for the future 2.0, one unit I think would be cool to have is Clibanarii Cavalry.  I know they weren't used much in the western part of the empire, but it's still conceivable.  They could be sold off as the remnants of King Authors knights.

Another suggestion, perhaps some armor for arm protection.  I know the Roman's didn't use arm armor extensively, but they did have it.  Such as bracers made of either leather, iron, or bronze.  Also I believe they used more extensive arm protection when they fought the Thracian, since the Thracian Rhomphaia was pretty effective as lopping off limbs.

Thanks,
  12. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Thanks for answering my question about the crouch lance.  Yes it probably was the Brytenwalda team that altered the crouch lance.  I know in earlier version of Brytenwalda, that the crouch lance worked only for certain pole arms.

On a different matter, I think I may have found an error.  When I went to the Mead Hall in "Caer Fyrddin" my Tribune Vympal spawned himself twice.

Also I had another question, when I get ambushed in towns or villages, I no longer have access to my shield.  Is it suppose to be this way, or is this a possible error?

Thanks,
  13. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

This is a great mod.  Always loved roman stuff.  But I was wondering, if the "crouch lance" is disabled or I just need to find the right pole arm to use it.  Not having the crouch lance makes lancing far more difficult and less effective.
Back
Top Bottom