Recent content by Comando96

1. Comando96

Group of trolls going around - Word to the wise

Yeah...

I had the pleasure of hosting a group, them or similar in the ts I occupy yesterday.

However due to certain actions... I don't think what they got was YouTube potential.

I think this community is sufficent enough to come up with a solution to combat them... something along the lines of sharing their ID's publically so they are auto banned from all events once they troll on 1. They will run out of ID's soon enough.

Betty ran out eventually.
  2. Comando96

Repost "A Colonel Uncovered"

Ronan6793 said:
    I Captain Ronan Alongside Lt Colonel James, Lieutenant Prussia and Lance Corporal potterr
    are Herby resigning from the 74th highland regiment of Foot.

Ronan6793 said:
    So Im still retired from the regiment and so it Prussia and potterr but James was given his rank back after this message appeared
    [74th]Campbell has changed their name to ***********
    So the regiment might have a second chance. We will decide tommorow

*looks at stain*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfmAeijj5cM

*nice and sparkly again*

Good luck to you all.
  3. Comando96

Windbusche said:
    I'm aware. However the owner is still only one man.

One man who is meant to Represent them, Standing at the front clean and Glorious. Not covered in ****.

I do think its fair to say that this Regiment is stained... stained by the leader.

Stains are not permanent however. You just need to remove the stain. (or leave the stained place)
  4. Comando96

Viktor 90th said:
    Naamloos_zpsd8f97e23.jpg

I just want to highlight that the FSE only punish you for posting private conversations WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.

If you look half way down he just gave you permission to post this; so stick it on the FSE too :grin:

James Stewart said:
    Coming from one of Sawyers former minions, I take that as a compliment. :wink:

I didn't join the game until July 2012. I am merely good at reading up on peoples history.
  5. Comando96

This relatively long conversation is clearly taken out of context. You can see it a mile away. Clearly this unbroken, unedited, 5 minuet long, conversation has been hashed together by someone to attack a Regimental leader who is completely innocent of all accusations.

I joke of course...

This is bad...
    I mean, this makes all of Tavington messing around look like a puppy with a splinter in its paw... (a cute puppy at that!). (no offence tav but you are a go to example :razz:)
  6. Comando96

VeryHandsomeJakey Unban the boy please (again)

VeryHandsomeNed said:
    THE WORST POSSIBLE THING TO ENCOURAGE IN A GAMING COMMUNITY.

... You should always give people chances... but you then reserve the perma ban option for people severe enough to warrent the option.

Personally by the looks of it I would be fine if you were unbanned...
    ...in 12 months. Maybe something will have sunk in by then.

However the very fact you are trying to use the claim that encouraging a perma ban culture is a bad thing is... sad, laughable and... desperate, mostly.
    Garry's mod. Very sucessful from where I hear... if you don't read the rules of a server and break the rules: Banned.
    I mean... who's heard of garry's mod... according to you, it must be this far off land where the people have an extra head than you.

------------------------

kudos to Rocknok2
  7. Comando96

84e Regiment Public Siege Server [84e_NW_Siege]

--_Duke_-- said:
    Ingame Nickname: SMOKE_MONSTER

Admin who banned you(if possible) : I was auto-banned for tking I think.
    Reason(if you know): Was team killing arty trolls and got banned.
    Apologies/Notice:
    Was tking arty trolls, wasn't arty myself but they were causing trouble for arty. No admin present to help with the situation.

err... really... You were banned on October the 21st... now again on the 3rd of November...

Comando96 said:
    --_Duke_-- said:
    Ingame Nickname:
    --_Duke_--

Admin who banned you(if possible) :
    Unknown

Reason(if you know):
    Argued with a bunch of arty trolls, called on a ****. Admin said to calm down so I said, "but lannister is a **** and someone needs to tell him that" - was then banned. For calling an arty troll a ****, admin did nothing about the trolling.

Apologies/Notice:
    I won't apologise for calling a spade a spade.

Admin: Welshy
    Reason:
    Being abusive at other players.
    Attacking arty trolls which, while understandable, is an offense in itself.
    Was warned. Slayed. Kicked. Came back onto the server and continued the verbal abuse as well as directed some towards the admins.
    When told to stop, did not. Welshy then jumped to a Perm.

This was in the knowledge that earlier the day you had received a Temp ban. In this secession you were Slayed and Kicked, then Perm banned.

-----

Also if you do not apologise then you will be not unbanned.

Please keep this in mind before you unban Duke. He maybe doesn't need to be unbanned in the upcoming batch... waiting a while may do him some good.
    Getting unbanned, and then banned again in the period of 14 days....................................... how do you go about doing that?
  8. Comando96

60th Royal American Rifles [EU] Recruiting

1thecop said:
    Yeah!

On the approach I was telling my men that I was gonna get shot and giving them instructions on what to do.  :razz:

A good leader. Prepare others for ones death.

Also just to add, we don't target you specifically.
    We target all officers equally :grin: (in order to rank). Its just coincidence that you have made up all the kills towards for my Major killing medal xD
    Good show though. The 60th is normally met by us saying: "Oh buggur. Its them"
  9. Comando96

84e Regiment Public Siege Server [84e_NW_Siege]

--_Duke_-- said:
    Ingame Nickname:
    --_Duke_--

Admin who banned you(if possible) :
    Unknown

Reason(if you know):
    Argued with a bunch of arty trolls, called on a ****. Admin said to calm down so I said, "but lannister is a **** and someone needs to tell him that" - was then banned. For calling an arty troll a ****, admin did nothing about the trolling.

Apologies/Notice:
    I won't apologise for calling a spade a spade.

Admin: Welshy
    Reason:
    Being abusive at other players.
    Attacking arty trolls which, while understandable, is an offense in itself.
    Was warned. Slayed. Kicked. Came back onto the server and continued the verbal abuse as well as directed some towards the admins.
    When told to stop, did not. Welshy then jumped to a Perm.

This was in the knowledge that earlier the day you had received a Temp ban. In this secession you were Slayed and Kicked, then Perm banned.

-----

Also if you do not apologise then you will be not unbanned.
  10. Comando96

24e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

I tip my head to you Sir!

Good luck.
  11. Comando96

NW Completed The slightly worrying trend of no firing during the charge

Rocknok2 said:
    And just as Joshly, 5arge, AND the video of the 1stFKI firing out of line. Is a demonstration of why firing out of line is a problem.

err...

/thread?

That is... atrocious, thats not a line battle its a bloody pub battle.

You want to see good melee, allow both sides to do as they will, without fearing a volley to appear from the staggered mess the charge turns into...

-------

Joshy also makes some very good detailed comments about the fact you can't realistically solo charge an enemy reg, without s definite advantage in numbers, therefore it requires the magically mythic TEAMWORK.
  12. Comando96

James Stewart said:
    Not firing in a charge encourages regiments to stay in prolonged volley fights until one of them is as Hekko said forced to make a suicidal charge. If anything firing in a charge encourages melee charges, fair enough you get point blanked from time to time, though I think you have a higher chance of getting shot in a prolonged volley fight than you do in a charge.

Just my opinion.

Well yes, any Regiment who marched at the enemy normally did face a suicide charge. Just look at the records of French columns VS British lines.

Therefore you use team work, this mythical and strange concept, to attack an enemy from multiple directions to allow for one group to engage in melee by not having to face a suicide charge.
  13. Comando96

Hawkes said:
    As far as I know, Hekko organises alot of very successful line battles; so I do believe he knows what he's talking about.

Then he has his event, and everyone else have theirs they can stick to them and the 2 groups of opinion may never meet.

Hawkes said:
    I also don't understand what makes firing in a charge more of a thorn in your ballsack? Even though I support firing in formation only in some circumstances, I find that moderating a battle with this rule tends to conjure alot of rule-breaking and stress. People don't abide by the rule, and numerous regiments break it alot. Firing in a charge is much easier, as it's a pretty stress-free rule to enforce. People will automatically fire in a charge, if not told otherwise.

Bloody chaos if not employed and understood correctly.
    Especially with those who are sticking to formations. Fire and retreat in my experience in particular.

Skirm tactic used to wear away the enemy while our superior movement speed allows us to avoid casualties. What happens to us when presented with firing in a charge? Have a guess. We have a volley from men spread out massively, employing a formation not applicable to our unit type. The men being spread out isn't a problem in terms of accuracy, as we have rifles. Its the problem of the enemy firing out of formation, which would not have happened.

Skirmishers in wars would have worn away at enemies but then enemy Skirmishers would have been there to combat any enemies, then lines would not have fired, or if in the rare occasion they did, they would fire in volley, most likely a Platoon, to become makeshift skirms.

In a wider sense though I've seen a Line battle turned into pure bloody chaos recent. an NEC line battle, admin, who shall not be named, but was very tired and strained so it was OK to fire out of line if the enemy is fleeing. I personally forgive the guy as he was legitimately apologetic and his reasons sounded legitimate.
    The result?
    Not fun. Commanders with ammunition charged, and if the enemy ran, repositions or just wheeled, were shot at in the charge as they were fleeing. It wasn't a line battle and was a joke.
    No time, have I seen it employed without feeling, cheep and disobeying orders (no need in my current regiment), or "I would have fired late" I told them, OR without feeling ****ed over, though most of the time it was against the rules, and those involved were disciplined, top down by the hostess if need be.

There is only 1 type of man who in my opinion in a charge (unless in a line while moving)should  be allowed to fire, an officer. Because that really is their only purpose, the pistol that is, not the officers. They just make lovely targets ¬.¬
  14. Comando96

I have a simple suggestion.

Don't like a rule? Sod off, make your own events, with their own rules.
    If the event becomes popular, then it is testament that there are those who think and fight as you do.
    If your event is barren and empty... then you see why this... simply is a dreadful set of rules that may allow abuse. Not practical to use for any modorators and those who fell foul of opponents using this in an incorrect way would leave your event for those who have more clear and easily manageable rules. If you manage it, all credit to you, for you are better men than many others would be.

So I'd have to agree with the formation rule.
    Charging is a formation, it is charging. However for guns to be presented and fired, you must be in a line (no spacing, half man spacing, or larger for Skirms). Therefore unless you charge in a line you cannot then change your mind and fire, without reforming a line. However if you marched in line to the enemies front (and lived) you could then fire. As to firing while moving would be allowed... well... maybe, but you'd have to keep formation which for many reasons is hard to do, and Light Infantry would be needed for their no movement penalty.

An example of firing formations would be Skirms who can split off into small groups instead of 1 large lump or line.
    NEC allow Lines of 3 men, and a mix of 12 Skirms, so you could potentially have 4 small teams who could pat away at enemy forces and then flee if need be. HOWEVER, these men can not fire when their formation is gone, ie below 3 men and must fall back. Equally their spacing (NEC) must be 3 man spacing or under. So by these means you can fire in very annoying patterns against the enemy, while remaining within the rules.
    However Skirms don't fire out of formation, they must either be with another group of men, or the last alive. This is the same with Lines in my opinion. Charging, breaking the line, therefore they cannot fire until their firing formation is reformed. In theory I would support firing while advancing, if a line formation was retained................................................................................................... which it won't unless the Commander has an extreme amount of skill....................................................... would you be able to produce a youtube video to demonstrate this in practice as I suggested? Or just a spread out mess firing, ie firing out of formation, which I wouldn't?
  15. Comando96

1° Reggimento Bersaglieri [NA/EU] Professional Marksmen. Recruiting 16+

Rocknok2 said:

Dat is bad ass.

The guy... dressed the Pope!
Back
Top Bottom