Recent content by CBCRonin

1. Suggestions

MariusThePaladin said:
    I think improving dueling difficulty is good.

Those crimminals didn't know how to quick draw, but they do know how to slow draw.  :lol:

It was like ....(music)..... the bell rang and then I draw my pistol, and boom (1sec) boom (1sec) boom (1sec) , the crimminal is dead while he didn't even draw his gun yet.  :neutral:

And the stange things is, I found that a town woman whom I was tried to rob could fire more rapidly / quicklier than dueling crimminals.  :neutral:
    Occasionally you will get a wanted criminal who actually draws before the bell tolls, which is kind of neat as they are criminals and shouldn't be expected to always follow the rules...... unfortunately for you; if you draw before the bell, even if he has his weapon drawn, you lose face  :sad:.
  2. Horses: Theory and Philosophy

Personally, I go for a Heavy Appaloosa. The speed and maneuver keeps me from getting lanced, the HP is decent, and most importantly.... the price is right.

When I first played the mod I went for heavy mustangs for NPCs, but the Quarter/Paints seem to do just as well (and cheaper). On the smaller engagement or wooded areas I have them dismount anyways, as all breeds become deathtraps for NPCs.

3. 1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

Just experienced something odd concerning the Ranger on the "speeder bike". I know it has been fixed in the upcoming patch, but after I initiated a gun fight in the town (I shot the sheriff, but could not find the deputy  :mrgreen:) it somehow corrected itself and the horse was "re-skeletized". Just thought you should know that there was a strange connection to seemingly unconnected events.
  4. Fire Wood

Well, firewood wouldn't really be that valuable when anyone could simply collect some dried buffalo chips for fuel (everyone used them on the plains). 

Now plank wood (as in mill cut or even rough cut planks) is an entirely different story... as the transport of finished building supplies to areas lacking such materials (nails being gold) would probably be quite lucrative.
  5. Suggestions

Some small ideas, in no way requests:

- Beans as a 'foodstuff'..... similar to the hardtack in the native expansion mod; low morale boost (if any), but high quantity.
    Example: 40lb. bag 'Dried Red (Pinto) Beans'/ Qty. 150.

- Maple Syrup, the equivalent morale booster of honey in vanilla M&B.

- The occasional barber pole in towns.

- High enough bad rep with named gangs (inex. Bennet lawmen, Cottonwood bandits, etc.) causes a one time (per gang) unique hired killer/lawman/name seeker duel upon entering a random small town. I really like the current ambushes enacted in 0.9, very nice. 
  6. 1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

- A confirm on what TitoWasFat reported concerning the wanted signs, though it occurred with my companion and our attackers after we robbed the bank in El Rio. All bots initially targeted the sign (enemy and friendly), but the enemy attackers quickly focused on us when I fired on them.... I couldn't tell if my companion re-focused, as he died rather quickly.

- When Dr. Valentine leveled I could allocate physical stat points and primary skill points, but the weapon skill buttons never materialized (couldn't tell if this was intended or not, as his starting weapon stats are fairly high.)

YM EDIT: His weaponmaster skill most likely needs to be increased before you can manually put points into a weapon skill.
    Thx. I feel dumb now, but at least I know the most likely reason  :grin:.

(P.S.- Found the western getup pic. easter egg..... you (meaning which ever mod Dev. is in it) are a very lucky man  :wink:.)
  7. 1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

Excellent mod, I'm very impressed with what you have accomplished.

Small issues:

- Had just purchased a compass in Apache territory and engaged quite a few Indian Raiders, had +4 added to my mounted accuracy (green item bonus) and only noticed it when I leveled. It returned to normal on its own after I reloaded the game, with the compass still in my inventory.

- NPC companions (named companions) were quite effective in .8 and managed the interchanging of firearms/melee well, but they seem to have some difficulties now. Riders with pistols will circle an enemy forever trying to line up the perfect shot, resulting in them firing very few shots before being "killed". Some draw melee weapons and act as if they have forgotten their firearm (they have ammo).

8. Tournaments = A waste of time.

If you get a bow immediately order your men to stick with you. They may still die in the end, but they will distract the enemy long enough for you to put arrows into them.

It also increases the chances that someone near you will drop a weapon, when they get knocked out, that you can pick up.
    -----------
    If it is one on one and you get a bow, then the only reason you can lose is lack of practice. When I level up I always throw points into skills I don't normally use in battle. This helps immensly in tournaments.
    -----------
    Fighting the same enemy in multiple rounds can be frustrating, especially when they are your wo/men that you have turned into combat "powerhouses"..... all I can say is consider it a challenge. When you finally become a "powerhouse" in your own right, combat challenges are far and few between.
  9. When is the sword of farming going to appear?

A fair explanation:
    http://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=951
  10. Strategies in equipping your Npcs

All of mine have bows in the first slot, then arrows, then bardiche, last slot awl pike. The reason I use the pike is for the added thrust damage (something npcs regularly do) and readiness speed for couching. Shields have always seemed to foul things up when it came to heroes (inex. no couching, fighting defensively, etc.), so I just equip them in reinf. plate, grt helmet, gauntlets, ect. and they are pretty safe.

When mounted they use their bows from distance and switch to pike when charging. They only draw the bardiche when dismounted, but they are devastating with them.
  11. how many copies has it sold?

For those thinking that Taleworlds must have made a bundle so far, it must be remembered that the majority of those "earlier" sold copies were not at current retail. Many people bought theirs while the game was developing, for the purpose of funding the project, and so paid much less than the current purchase price.

M&B will always be the cornerstone project that brought life to Taleworlds (as a viable company), but it won't be the one that makes them ridiculously rich. That usually comes with the third or fourth project  :wink:..... then they lose their way and start making games for consoles and/or get bought by Sony/EA :mrgreen:.

12. Bugs in 1.010?

I would suggest people replace all the files that they tweaked, with the copies of the originals (copies as was suggested), before upgrading. Just save your tweaked files under a different name until it is discovered what has changed.

Do this before reporting issues (especially script errors) as bugs.
  13. PC Gamer UK gives Mount&Blade 69%

I think 69% is a bit low, but we must remember that M&B was constructed around a combat mechanic... rather than a world for which the mechanic was created.

As such, the world is a bit light in history, quests, story, etc. because there was no storyboard at the beginning of the project.
    ------------
    I don't agree that it is visually "impaired" or dated. I actually think they got it just right, especially regarding the balance of overall performance. If it was Oblivion, we would have been limited to battles of eight at any given time.

Besides, the majority of us do not have $2000 every year to top off our systems. Having new good quality games, with lower requirements, is a boon. The only other option is buying older games or turn based strategies (but I like those too  :mrgreen:).

14. Oh my god, a castle siege!

Izuall said:
    Von Krieglitz said:
    Macethump was speaking about your character  :lol:.
    Right  :oops:. It's my bad english fault.
    Don't be embarrassed, english is not everyone's first language.

You write very well, so do not let a little misunderstanding stop you from posting :smile:.
  15. which melee weapon are you using now?

MW Sword of War when on horseback (for the 130 reach).

Bal. Great Axe/bal.warhammer when sieging (axe to quickly tear apart enemy shields or med. to light troops, hammer for heavily armored foes). Bal. warhammer/bal.great axe when defending in a siege (the war hammer is pretty good at knocking men off ladders or taking out heavily armored men from a standstill.... the axe for the before-mentioned).

[edit]-- I also use a bal. awlpike from horse back (for its speed, damage, and reach.) The lances may reach further, but if you have to stab with it the pike is a better choice for the increased damage (but no shield)
Back
Top Bottom