Recent content by boubaz

1. boubaz

Warband Campaigns - une petite campagne ca vous dis?

Désoler pour ceux qui n'ont pas réussi à s'inscrire je faisais une petite mise à jour cette semaine.

Pour info la campagne commence lundi. Elle a changer aussi de nom accessoirement :p.
  2. boubaz

Warband Campaigns - une petite campagne ca vous dis?

En des temps éloigner de la béta un projet naquit du nom de Warband Campaigns. Bien que ce projet sombrît dans le silence pendant quelque mois, le voici de nouveau pret à acceuillir de nouveaux venu :). La nostalgie de nos bataille m'ayant repris je vous invite à participer à une nouvelle...
  3. boubaz

La campagne en multi

Skurcey said:
    ou sinon, jouer la campagne en tour par tour, et pendant les combats, les joueurs pourraient prendre le controle d un soldat au hasard

En fait pendant les combats, chaque joueurs est un soldats. Et le roi decide qui va jouer quel type de troupe inf, archer ou cav.

Mais ca va bientot(d'ici 1 mois ^^) changer, je suis entrain d'integrer le mod cRPG fait par chadz qui permait en fait a chaque joueur de faire evoluer son personnage. Du coup lors d'une campagne les joueurs pourront faire evoluer leur perso et lui acheter son equipment et lorsqu'il y aura une bataille le joueur jouera avec son personnage.
  4. boubaz

Recrutement : Coqs de Combat

Bon je veux bien vous rejoindre:

Mon steam: boubaze
    MP: bouba
    J'aime bien jouer Archer
  5. boubaz

Warband Role-Playing campaign:The Elneas Campaign

I forgot to mention that to participate to the campaign you need to register here: http://forums.warbandscampaigns.com
  6. boubaz

Warband Role-Playing campaign:The Elneas Campaign

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this. I just wanted to to tell you that we are testing out a new kind of role-playing campaign using mount and play warband to play for our in-game events. This role-playing campaign is aimed to people that are inte Role Here an introduction made...
  7. boubaz

Teams FR sur M&B Warband ?

Pour info nous on possede un serveur et ils nous coute 50 euros par mois
  8. boubaz

OUVERTURE du site Warband Campaigns !

Oui tu peux rejoindre une campagne en cours. Pour cela il faut te connecter à la taverne et suivre les instructions dans le post de la campagne en cours (Dans la partie francophone)
  9. boubaz

Warband Campaigns release !!!

All soldiers are people
  10. boubaz

Thanks, Lazlo.

you are right, both mod have different orientation. Currently we are more focusing on developing the Role Play side of it (Enabling quests), and social side (Addidng more options to communicate with other team members and game master in game, other army).

We just recently enabled up to 6 armies within a campaign and we need are making some testing to see if the rules still works, we will have of course to work on a diplomatic system.

11. boubaz

kekn06ab said:
    You misunderstand. I said for the battles.

Let's say it's saturday at 8 pm... will you say no to join a friends birthday because you have to join the assault? JUST AN EXAMPLE! Finding 5-15 minutes every day isn't a problem for many people, but meating at a certain time is! There's school... and work... whatever. So there has to be some kind of buffer in the battles to make it fair.

I would say do not join that battle, if you cannot make it for one and play regularly I do not think there will be a problem. Not ALL player can meet the event requirements every week (because something came up). If on the other hand he cannot make it at all to any event he should leave the campaign and get into one the match his availability.
  12. boubaz

Harbard said:
    kekn06ab said:
    You can't expect people to be ready for the battles every week... no one can.  :lol:

No one can? People who want to add some immersion to the original game by playing campaigns are, i think, people who are very into the game already, so they should be able to play once more in a week.

Sadly it's not for people who can't play everyday because you have to play each day through the website, and then 1 battle a week (or more, I don't know). It is  not a game as casual as it may look.

Only my humble opinion.

We did that in the close beta and it worked fine, some people could not play single everyday and miss some turns and it was still ok since some the other people of the team were more diligent.

Since it is the game master that pass the turn manually (through his interface). If the rhythm is too high we may lower it down, but I think 1 turn a day will still be good. 
  13. boubaz

kekn06ab said:
    A first look seems like it's sort of Risk-like (if anyone knows that game). I think on your website you mention the total war series. So everyone plans their move every week and then once a week those moves are carried out in turn. Someone has to move first... I don't know how that is going to be calculated, the best solution is probably a fixed list of who acts first and second and so on. Of course there is a first mover advantage, because he has the board already set up before his turn, but I can't see how else it should be. Random moves will be a total chaos... no chance to predict anything... too much left to chance.

One thing I am a bit unsure of, is whether the battles in the campaign map is actually going to be carried out in "real-time" mode or in some kind of autocalculation like in civilization series. Are the "real-time" battles the actual ones from the campaign map or something else?... "else" as in for example some random events that happen or tournaments that are always being held every week?

I guessed right, the original idea of the game was to make a RISK like game. So in the case of warbands campaigns, everyone make their move everyday, to help the kingdom to grow. Since the number of action is limited everyone has to discuss how they should sync their moves. Unlike total war there is no sequence on who is going to move first, everyone have a day to make their move until the next turn. More over only one territory can be invade at each turn and the battle resolution will be done in-game Warband. The rhythm is casual in a sens because you do not to be sync all the time to participate.

Captain_Octavius said:
    Looks cool.

So, how does that work exactly, fighting the battles in Warband? I assume the game master picks a time and announces that as the time of battle, and then every participant needs to be online at that moment and join the fight on a specific server... Gamemaster makes the rules and will put the outcome of the battle in the campaign game?

No idea if this is right, but if it is, the fights are completely dependant on the Gamemaster. What if he is delayed in RL and can't come to host/overlook the battle? And it isn't really fair when a king attacks the enemy but many of his knights/soldiers don't join the game when the battle takes place...

At the beginning of the campaign we set a time frame for the events to occurs. When a battle is declared the game master set when the battle will occurs and on which server (within the game interface), the knights will be able to join the battle (within) to notify the game master that they will be able to join. Then until the battle is resolved in warband no more invasion can be made in both army but knights can still continue to play.

And yes the game master will supervise the battle and insure that both respect battle rules and insure that everyone is within the battle. So yes the battle completely depends on the game master since he wil also be distributing loots and bonus reputation points to those that did great in battle and remove reputation points to those that did not respect the rules.

For RL problems I think there is always workaround to find someone to replace him and for the server currently got a server dedicated to play such events (hopefully will be able to make it last :smile: ).

And Harbard is right if people don't want to play they should not join the campaign in the first place. More over I am sure the opposite army can share some the soldier is the balance is not respected.
  14. boubaz

Unfortunately, we did not had the time to make a tutorial. (I am currently working on adding help within the game interface).
    I think the screens in the front page of the site should give you an idea about how it is played or else you should just the campaign that is about to begin and see.

15. boubaz

Plazek said:
    Yep, that is what I meant. Perhaps only give soldier players the abilities to change army and participate in events and suchlike wherever the army is located.

There could also be an individual player renown system which ties into Knight renown and that into a Kings renown.

eg.
    Soldier renown = his renown
    Knight renown = his renown + all his soldiers renown
    Kings renown = his renown + all his knights (plus the knights soldiers) renown.

This would create a kind of troop economy. Kings will want the best knights and knights will want the best soldiers, while soldiers will want the best knights to lead them to victory leading to more renown!

Just a friendly suggestion :smile:

We had a similar idea about the use of the renown in game, the idea the more reputation you gain in game the more option you have in battle in troops and choice of weapons.

The thing is to be able to enforce this we need to build a mod with pre-configured troops such as Inf level 1 - Inf Level 2- ... Archer level 1 - ... .

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Plazek said:
    Interesting, but I would be more interested to know of future plans and stuff. It seems fairly nice as it is but I would like to know if there is ever going to be more emphasis on the individual player.

Right now it seems we have only Kings and Knights. For a truly epic game I feel you must model it down to individual soldiers. Would this ever be a possibility?
    The majority of players will always be the soldiers, there needs to be something for them too!
    Also player bandits, it would be awesome to be a bandit lord :grin:

Our next immediate objective to enable as soon as possible more than 2 army (this will be available in about a week or 2)
    Then I think we will see about making a mod to enable the play with rules explained above.
Back
Top Bottom