Recent content by borderreaver

1. Wanted Quests?

Ok, so my fella is having an auld dander looking for a ne'er do well miscreant somewhere in Mexico, which is a wee bit difficult cause the imperials keep having a go, (but that is by the by). anyhow, i found the town where he's purported to be and looked in, waited a day and looked in again...
  2. Maybe stating the obvious

As a literature A-Level faggosexual, i noticed something. M+B king of a distinctly nordic group (the nords) acquires throne through dubious means following the death of his liege. the son of the deceased liege (an inkfingered far-wanderer, Lethwin) returns to court to ***** and complain. plot...
  3. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Out Go the lights.

Basically its a period mod, set in the dark ages, so most soldiers will be very poorly armed or armoured, most wearing just more than cloth and armed with scramseax and spears. troops can be upgraded, but one must pay for equipment. Crossbows are nonexistant, horses are so expensive as to be mostly irrelevant, and castles are little more than wood fortresses. Swords are only for the wealthy, axes for the strong and the brave. Disease is rampant and dark superstition rules the land.

there are 4 Factions:

The Heermana

a german faction, loosely based on the saxons and the danes, the usual spear mob armed with round shields, with limited archer auxilia, backed up by strong and powerful axemen. heavy infantry are second to none.

The Cymri : leader: Ardwer

A briton faction. the spear mob with longer pikes are backed up by powerful light cavalry and strong archers. reliance on massed tactics rather than individual skill

The Gaelis: Carven

the 'celt' faction. spears are augmented with more swords, axes and clubs. extraordinarily powerful on the attack but limited defense. powerful javelineers and skirmishers

the empire

heavily armed but very expensive soldiers. work based on cohesion rather than individual skill. cavalry second only to the cymri and infantry second only to the Heermana

this is of course different to EnW because the map is still calradia.
  4. My Download isn't working

I have the very newest one, all ther mods work, will attempt a redownload

BorderReaver
  5. My Download isn't working

Hey Lads!! As a fan of the old north, (and an old northerner myself), I couldn't wait to download the Mod, but it isn't working :( It gets to the loading screen, but then it locks my computer up at the end of the loading bar, it doesn't even get to the menu :( any advice Borederreaver
  6. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

As you can guess from the name... I'm a bit of a reaver historian, (i misspel, its cooler this way lol). the border rievers were more or less gangsters, organised into large family clans, who robbed, buned stole and raped from each other. it would be relatively easy to make, little needs to actually be changed:

- new map texture
    - all factions renamed into the major families (Armstrong, Elliot, Graham, Crozier, Scott), with 6 major cities and lots of small peel towers and villages
    - more importance and value attached to cattle rustling, cattle worth more, and there are loads more of them.
    - all 'castles' converted to peel towers (more or less city keeps), and laders become either battering rams or ladders
    -  horses become more important, including various grades of borders horse, which vary in speed and maneuverability
    - looter bandit etc, replaced with 'broken men' (literally men without clan
    - text changes (force villagers to give goods becomes 'blackmail', 'prisoners' become 'hostages' etc
    - weapons: swords become lighter, lances become longer. light crossbows and longbows, more period weaponry. pistols and long guns are powerful but expensive.)
    -Altered text, names and backstories for all companions
    - start off as a broken man, work the way into the clans
    all troops and factions have the same tree:
                                                                                                              ===> Archer===> Longbowman
                                                                                                                                  ===> arquebursier
                                                                          Peasant===> Yeoman===> Hersdman===>Rider===> Reiver

===> Billman===> Guardsman
                                                                                                                                  ===> Clansman

- Changes in goods, more appropiate border goods only, at more realistic prices.

What do you think?

7. Can't uninstall to re-install after a mod!

redownloaded... it worked, thanks mate.
  8. Can't uninstall to re-install after a mod!

Dear All             I renetly uploaded the 'form ranks' mod, and whilst it did work, i did not enjoy it and my game kept crashing, so, as i used to do with RTW, i tired to uninstall the game. the game uninstalled, and i deleted the mod folders that remained. there was however, one file that i...
  9. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

OK... brace yourselves...

Zombie mod!

imagine: the nation of Calraida has been beset by a powerful curse: in an attempt to make immortality, necromancers have raised the Undead!!! the weak nations of Kergit, Swadia, Rhodok, Vaegir and the Nords are attempting to fight the new menace of the Draugrvolk (zombies). Travelling around, picking up the straggling survivors from where ever you find them you forge your own destiny. either choose to work with the few surviving nations to take back the lands that were once theirs, or work alone with your band to rid the land of this evil plague!

ideas: ransom broker and slave trader become alchemist and priest: sell your zombie captives to them for money
              new backstories for each character
                all bandits become zombies, with levelling system, and a slightly 'undead' look about them
                zombies work in huge bands, but are weak (like one sword blow to kill)
    zombies move very slowly, and fight without cohesion, and have no horses
                fist fighting is more effective, with zombies all having a fistfighting advantage over you
                ambushes in market are more common, as are zombie infested villages
                change in resources mean certain ones become more important (holy relics, armaments, zombie heads etc)
    new zombie related missions
                full death for you and companions becomes very likely after level 8, you must walk as a zombie, until you can be restored to life... spend too long, and you never come back
                armour  becomes very important at fending off zombies

what do you think? too unrealistic, been done before? do you like it?
Back
Top Bottom