Recent content by BlitzKrieg-BoB

1. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Need More Info Prison Break = Game Freeze [e1.7.2 - beta]

Summary: When I found out about leveling roguery through prison breaks, I went on a prison break spree. This all worked nicely until I hit about level 150 roguery. Now it seems to freeze the game every time it should initiate the loading screen to go back to the world map. It happens both when I...
  2. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Prison breaks are AWFUL

I agree it could use some work and definitely added content to make the prison breaks more interesting.

That said, after not having touched the game for a good long while, I was glad to find a new way to level roguery at an acceptable rate. Even when you DO get caught.
    With some practice, abusing the tight corridors to block the guard's swings and the right choice of weapons it's very doable.

...right up until just now when the game just started freezing up when I reach the exit...

It seems to be doing it consistently in different castles and towns, even ones that were working fine earlier. Even after doing other stuff in between, verifying game files, rebooting, restarting the game, etc.

Anyone else experienced this?
  3. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

Heh, I found a little bug in the game with the ferry transport near Ynis Mon.

If you have too big an army it will mention that it can't ferry a marshal and his whole army or something like that right?
    Well at the ferry near Ynis Mon you are actually close enough to interact with the ferry station on the opposite side of the water and get a free transport by just selecting that one.  :facepalm:
  4. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

I usually tell my archers to hold fire, then I circle the enemy with my cavalry and harass them so they turn around to face me.
    Then I order the archers to open fire in their backs while they are facing me. Doesn't do a LOT, but it takes down some of the lighter units.
    And in my book every unit downed by an archer is a unit that didn't get to hit back.

For the most archers are best used for defending in sieges and for taking down archers that are defending in sieges.
    Some castles allow archers to do some brutal damage to enemy blobs ie. Norwic.

Cavalry is for as far as I know really most useful for harassing the enemy which causes them to start advancing.
    In my experience you are almost always better off using a defencive stance on the battlefield.
    The enemy is usually stubborn enough to stick in their starting area until one of their units takes a hit and that's where cavalry comes in.
    And even then they sometimes refuse to really advance unless you keep at it :razz:

Something else entirely;
    Can anyone tell me how to grant a lord a fief if you have kept it unlorded so you could decide later?
    Every kingdom report says that granting a certain fief has been on the agenda but it never says where to actually grant it...
    I tried talking to the lords, visiting the fief itself and talking to my minister already.
    Do I maybe need one of those companion ministers?

Yep, seems like you need a companion minister.
  5. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

I love all the new content guys. Well done.

A while back though, you added some of the more "neutral" units (ie. hornman, farmers, peasant woman) to a group that doesn't favor either christian or pagan believes.
    I was wondering if the Slaver group are ever going to be added to that group?
    Seems odd to me that I can't have Slaver Chiefs in party without religious issues arising because we support paganism.
  6. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90aasjvaFB5VlhTSE9uZ0hZeEE/view?usp=sharing

There you go. I am new to google drive. Or uploading stuff at all tbh. I usually cba to do stuff like that. :razz:
  7. BlitzKrieg-BoB

JuJu70 said:
    Can you upload your savegame?

This is actually a great moment in the storyline to upload my savegame as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B90aasjvaFB5VlhTSE9uZ0hZeEE&authuser=0

I'm saying that because I am at (what I think is) the final battle, and I am actually being chased by the enemy encampment instead of the army that is inside of it...
    Also, if I try to talk with the army I am allied with, I actually end up fighting them. (But I DO get the commanders instructions I am supposed to get.)

I hope it's useful to you. I am trying to marry Turid, a daughter of Jarl Sidroc the Elder.
  8. BlitzKrieg-BoB

JuJu70 said:
    If he gives you permission to see her that doesn't equal marriage. The lady has to agree first I think, then you you can ask her father. You need to have good charisma to succeed

Yes, that makes sense (more or less).
    The thing that seems a bit off is where I have to get his permission to see her every time.
    I literally just had his permission, visited her and she gave me a quest.
    I bought the stuff at the market (conveniently in the same town so I didn't even have to leave), only to find out I had lost his permission already.
    For as far as I know, time doesn't pass in M&B if you don't leave town.
    So I went from "Go see her, she might like that." to "The guard glares you down because you don't have permission in literally no time at all.

Also it would seem a bit odd that if you have not invested in charisma (I think mine is 9?), you will never get married.
    Even if the lady in question is devoted to you with 100 relation. Am I seriously getting friend-zoned in games as well now? :roll:
  9. BlitzKrieg-BoB

So I am trying to get married to one of the ladies in my current playthrough.
    However, her father seems to be on the fence about wether he will allow me to visit her or not.
    Everytime he agrees to let me see her, he seems to change his mind about a day afterwards.
    And every time he denies my request he sometimes actually suggests I should go see her the day after.

At first I thought it was a relation issue, but I have 100 relation with him now so that can't be it.
    Then I thought I had to get permission again, everytime he got or lost a castle or town, but that's not it either.
    So, I have no clue what makes him change his mind all the time.

On top of that, his daughter has a relation of 100 of me by now as well.
    But she still won't marry me, saying she isn't ready.
    I guess that's a quirk that runs in their family.
    I tried proposing to her both when her father DID and DIDN'T allow me to go see her.

Is this just me? Is it because I am playing story mode perhaps?
    I feel like I am wasting a lot of time on this...
  10. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Ah, seems possible. Doesn't that happen through the main quest?
    How would I check that if it doesn't say in faction relations, though?  :roll:
  11. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Heh, I just noticed that Northymbre and Alban don't list each other in foreign relations.
    They only recently made peace in my game, but neither is listed in the others factions tab.
  12. BlitzKrieg-BoB

In all fairness, it has always disappointed me that in all the M&B games you have to wait for an offer of ransom money for your prisoners.
    I'd much rather be able to set a ransom sum for my prisoners and then have their families attempt to meet that sum.
    Especially because now you get made out to be the bad guy if you say no, no matter how ridiculously low their offer was.

In response to DerHerbst:
    It wouldn't have been uncommon for the majority of people to assume a noble family to be rich, even if they were barely scraping by or in debted to a moneylender.
    Those things rarely come out until they actually need to have actual money for i.e. a ransom. (Only retarded kidnappers accept I.O.U. notes.)
    That happens even today, with Greece for example. I certainly didn't expect greece to go bankrupt until it was already happening.
  13. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Wheem said:
    Petro Buleka said:
    JuJu70 said:
    How did people IRL know how much wealth someone had?
    Really Lord did not know how much he has money and how much he can pay for his freedom?
    I think he meant how would you know how much wealth the other lord had.
    You'd think that would be pretty obvious, with all the sarcastic comments and pictures that have been posted.  :facepalm:
  14. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Hmm, did something happen to coastal sieges of port towns? I can't seem to do those anymore? :???:
  15. BlitzKrieg-BoB

Petro Buleka said:
    Phaiak said:
    BlitzKrieg-BoB said:
    Btw, for some reason port towns that have been besieged, keep having the besieged status for me long after the siege is over.
    The odd thing is that this is only true if you are currently sailing, when walking on land they are fine.

I don't know if you guys already knew about this bug, but it started appearing since the last mini-patch (1.04 hotfix) for me.
    It's kinda annoying because it prevents me from doing coastal attacks on port towns and I really have no interest in besieging them from land without Agathinos.
    Hi BoB, thank you for reporting! It would be great if you could upload a savegame with this problem.
    A similar situation
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwxgf2mJZd46VnFxSTFTUFZCTFE/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, I have that as well. But the raiding isn't as problematic, since you can still enter and attack towns that have that.
    When an enemy town has "Besieged" however, it just says "Leave" when you try to enter, preventing the ability to do a coastal attack.
    Both "Besieged" and "Being Raided" are no problem on friendly towns.

Still want my savegame? I'm pretty sure Petro has the exact same issue as I do.
Back
Top Bottom