Recent content by battlefiend1012

1. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

I came across this thread and started laughing...I remember these books from when I was a kid :smile: so glad somebodies started this. I'm not a modder but I'll try to maybe create some models and textures or maps or something. Bringing back memories already, loved those books I'll have to go dig them up, hope I still have them.
  2. [Suggestion] Gimme some cavalry differentiation!

I'm with you on mounted xbows to add some differentiation tot he game :grin:
  3. New Clan Knights of Pomerania

ha ha yes great going guys. I have a ton of stuff I'd love to see happen with our clan so far though. when I get back lets all get on skype and have a meeting :grin: (I love meetings they give me a false sense of importance). good times anyways tell me what's up with the battle for calradia and any such modding that needs to happen.
  4. Discount for returning customers?

I'm with styo, stop complaining. Modern Warfare sold what - like 60 million? copies - at like 60 bucks a pop. What does this say about the average person's willingness to spend more on a game. Infinityward made so much money it makes my head hurt to think about it - Armagon and these devs seriously deserve to reap the benefits of their hard work. Don't complain dude, if you're not gonna pay 30 bucks for it, then don't, but stop complaining.
  5. A night to remember.

Count me in breh. I've been in since .500 (and proud of it) :wink:
  6. Lances for lancing(Couching) Spears for stabbing and swords for slicing.

This paragraph from the wikipedia article on lances caught my attention relative to this topic:

"The Roman cavalry long thrusting spear was not called lance, but contus (from Greek language kontos, barge-pole). It was usually 3 to 4 m long, and grasped with both hands. It was used by equites contariorum and equites catafractarii, fully armed and armoured cataphracts. Romans weren't the first, though; the first use of the lance in this sense was made by the Sarmatian and Parthian cataphractes from ca. the 3rd century BC, and cavalry long thrusting spear was especially popular among the Hellenistic armies' agema and line cavalry."

EDIT: Dont go about telling me this isn't a roman period game. I know that. This is just for reference.
  7. [BUG] AI not following orders during tower siege

Yes, I think this formation should be added as an option on the "f2" formations menue for offensive siege. And also some of my bots weren't holding their shields but when they were pushing the tower!
  8. M&B Warband Beta version 0.710 is released

I just realized that gmail has been filtering my taleworlds messages into spam  :shock: I thought I wasn't getting them lol so just a shout out to anyone who thinks they aren't getting the emails.
  9. M&B Warband Beta version 0.710 is released

This is all great although I'd love to know why it's such a large file :grin: By far the largest patch so far I think. Well I shouldn't be complaining cause I've got fast internet :razz:

P.S.  THANK YOU FOR THE BLOCK ADJUSTMENT DEPENDING ON PING!! YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY :grin:
  10. The lag is ridiculous

Ping an lag have been big issues of mine on warbands as I live on the east coast a desolate dessert of server :eek: My internet is very fast but I usually have ping from 100-115. On previous patched my ping would go down to like 80 but that may be because of the servers rather than the netcode.

In terms of lag, it is noticeable. This game is by FAR the most ping sensitive game I've ever played. This is not necessarily because of badly written code or anything, it is in some ways the nature of the game because it's melee and so timing reliant. I mean you have to admit, much of the game is about timing.

I do notice a serious effect of ping. It's not visible lag, the devs have done a great job of ironing that out with good code writing :grin: But there is only so much you can do with smoothing out the graphics lag because the actual time it takes for your attack or defense to register is a constant. This is what ping affects, the ability to recover and swing quickly or block without predicting half the time.

I have found a very distinct effect of ping on my ability to play. People are able to spam me out easily at 100 ping because even though that isn't a lot as was said in other games, here every millisecond more of reaction time with put someone at a serious disadvantage. This is just fact, and as someone always playing with a pretty high ping, I can notice it in my opponents too. I'm always watching pings on the score chart. And I have found it is MUCH easier for me to beat someone with a ping of at least 100.
  11. New Clan Knights of Pomerania

oh. Did I miss something ;(
  12. Thank you

been playin this game since the beta was released...oh I don't even recall how many months ago...but I still suck :smile: It's a lot of underhanded spamming strategy and figuring out how to not screw up terribly.
  13. Original Thread

Still Keeps Generating Errors. If I try to play quick battles-I downloaded the fix and installed it correctly-it is totally screwy. People don't have bodies and I can't move at all. THe whole game is like a giant glitch for me...I can post screenshots of errors here if it interests anyone.

UPDATE: Fixed and I'm loving it. Just reinstalled a couple times I think it may have had to do with me naming the Folder MusketMadness as opposed to musketmadness and although everything seems to work fine and it didn't appear to be case sensitive when I went from the beginning with the new name all worked well....
  14. US Server Down?

Scientia Excelsa said:
    In the meantime, try the OpenMapPack mod.  It's shiny!
    I have been epically failing to install it or else I would :grin:
  15. Original Thread

I'll try again.
Back
Top Bottom