Recent content by Battle King

1. What do you think of the Paolini series?

Got them at Christmas, read Eragon and I'm almost finished Eldest, I can't put them down.

I can't be bothered to go into it but I think he's a talented writer and the story is (in my opinion) imaginative and well thought out, especially the magic system. Not to mention the detail he writes with.

(for the record, I'm 16)
  2. A Matter of Life or Death

I saw them on sunday, got backstage and everything! I got to meet Janick, Dave and Adrian. Janick was just Janick, Dave was jolly and smiling (as normal) and Adrian was a short arsed, bad tempered midget, who just didn't want to be there.

It was absolutely amazing, Janick made the night with his usual energetic playing (with Eddies gun at one point) and Bruce finished it off with a hint at a 'Maidenfest' next year in 'some field in the midlands'.

I hear lots of people bad mouthing Bruce about his character, but he stopped mid-song to make sure someone in the crowd who was looking a bit dazed was alright, now that's respect for the fans!
    He did a similar thing at Newcastle, the pit was looking a bit nasty as the people from the sides were pushing inwards and the people in the middle were getting crushed a bit. He stopped after Different Worlds and made everyone calm down. As he put it 'there's always some poor sod at the bottom of the pile'.

!!UP THE IRONS!!
  3. Greatest Western Film Ever!

My favourite has got to be Shane.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046303/

...and slumped don't mean dead!
  4. it's been 88 years (WW1)

My grandfather was one of the youngest Sargeant Majors in the British army during WW2, he was only 18, luckily he never saw action. He was leading a para assault and just before they deployed they got a radio call saying the war was over and they could come home. Saved by the bell.

My grandma (who worked on artillery and shore defence) was telling me some tales. Apparently my great grandad joined the army during peacetime, and was doing well and enjoying it. It then came to the first army weekend away on some survival exercise. The day they set off WW1 started, he was sent off to the front immediatley. So he went away for a weekend trip and came back four months later.

The same guy was captured in WW2 and held in a German POW camp, he caught tuberculosis but survived after having a lung removed. He told my dad loads of things but one always stands out in my mind, he said they got so desperate to smoke they used to take leaves from the trees, dry them out and use newspapers for skins.
  5. A Matter of Life or Death

Thats the day after me! Newcastle Metro Arena, 17th.

It's Maiden! LIVE! BRUCE DICKINSON! RIGHT IN FRONG OF MY VERY EYES 
    What more can you ask for?
  6. A Matter of Life or Death

^ You Sir, know where it's at!  :grin:
  7. A Matter of Life or Death

In my opinion its an excellent album, but all this can really come down to is opinion. Personally, I didn't think much of Master of puppets, or Metallica, but as I said, it's all opinion.

We should probably leave it at that, I'm just intrigued as to why people ARE slating or disliking it. For those of you that share this view, some feedback would be good.

i listened to the album and i was severly dissapointed, it was the worst critically approved album out there. It aint worth the cash!
    An example of slating without reason. (No offence Don Jacobo, but why?)
  8. A Matter of Life or Death

And your reasons for slating one of the best albums ever made are...
  9. What are your relations with the enemy faction (vaegir/swadian)?

I'm a Swadian, through and through. Always have been, always will. I don't hate the Vaegirs, I loathe the, then I kill them. They don't like me and I'm not to keen on them either. After the hurly-burly is done, I raze their homes, take their loot and borrow their wives.

A very simple philosophy, but a very effective one non-the-less.

It's only a matter of time before the Vaegir are returned to their true calling as slaves to the Swadian race. And my patience is running thin, ah well, I better kill some more to pass the time.
  10. Iron Maiden

Without a shadow of a doubt  :grin:.

But Matter of Life and Death is awesome!
  11. A Matter of Life or Death

WTF!?!?!

It's a masterpiece, it's not as fast or hard as some of their other work but it's so much deeper. The melodies and lyrics are so well thought out they just blend into a seamless work of perfection. I've had it on repeat since I got it and I'm still enjoying it.

I didn't notice the repetetive guitars either, some of the riffs are a bit long winded but they're so well played I barely noticed, it's just brilliant, in my opinion anyway.
  12. Iron Maiden

Seeing them in Newcastle on the 16th.
    I thought it was the 17th, but who cares, I'm seeing them anyway. I saw them V.I.P last time but I didn't get to meet the band because the staff at the metro arena kicked us all out because they said the band had left. But they hadn't.

The new album is incredible, one of, if not the best yet. I particularly like 'These colours don't run' or Benjamin Breeg. Brilliant...
  13. Folk Tales

I'm lazy and bored so I'm just posting a link  :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartlepool#Monkey_business

It's about my home town, 'Hartlepool' and some monkey that got hung. We're not really as thick as it makes us out to be, we're just not too clever either... :oops:
  14. A Matter of Life or Death

Today I bought 2 copies of Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg and the Vinyl
    I'm that sad ;D
    I did the exact same thing, then I spent ages thinking about where I can put the sticker you get with the vinyl. I still don't know where. And I think the vinyl should have been a picture disc like the other singles, apparently the album is though. I'm pre-ordering the album vinyl and the special album (with a DVD!). So if you're sad, you're not the only one  :wink:.

Does anyone else collect the picture vinyls... or am I just especially sad?

What do you guys think about the solo stuff? Bruce/Skunkworks & Psycho Motel?
    I prefer 'Balls to Picasso' or 'tattooed Millionaire', it's all awesome though. In my humble opinion it's just about as good as some Maiden stuff.

15. My complaint about King Jacques de Champagne I

My brain hurts... too... much... writing  :shock:.
Back
Top Bottom