Recent content by avesta

1. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Thanks!

Wondering if you could help me with something else.

In my campaign I've conquered pretty much everything and it's gotten boring now. I even killed off a couple of the factions, so I wanna start a new campaign, but I wanna keep this character, including my gear. I know you can just important character stats into a new one, but I want the gear as well. What's the best way to do this?
  2. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Is there somewhere I can find version 3.6.11? I've got some old savegames I wanna resume and dont wanna risk running the newest version.
  3. Excellent thread on game mechanics

thermocline said:
    http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/game-mechanic-megathread!/

Best thread I have ever seen on Warband's game mechanics. Caveat: it's for a different mod, and it looks like some of the formulas have been changed and may not apply to PoP. Still, there's a lot in there that I didn't know.

Some highlights that stood out to me:

- WPF: increases attack speed by 6.5% per 100 points (at least in that mod)
    Is this effect cumulative or do you get a 6.5% increase every 100-point milestone?

- Armor weight: reduces effective weapon proficiency (is this true in PoP?)
    Highly doubt it. Total encumbrance slows down your running speed but weapon mechanics are separate. Weapon proficiency determines how fast you start a strike animation. Weapon speed determines how fast you recover from a strike. At least I think this is how it works. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Runspeed: carrying an extra shield on your back reduces runspeed by much more than the weight of the shield
    Interesting. This should be easy to test to see if it's true.

- Runspeed: larger weapons slow you down more
    That's a given, considering larger weapons generally weigh more and increase total encumbrance.

- Weapon weight: weapon weight differential affects how long it takes the defender to recover from a parry
    That makes sense, but what about weapon speed? Does that affect it?
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Phoss said:
    Hm...are you sure they follow those orders? Logically, if you're unconscious you shouldn't be able to issue commands, which would explain why they just charge once you're out of the picture. I know I can still pull up the tactical overview, but I'm not sure it actually does anything other than give a an overview.

It does. You can issue move commands from the minimap. Select which troops you want to command (cav,inf,or archers), then click on the minimap where you want them to go. This is VERY useful, especially if your cav are chasing 1 or 2 enemies and breaking away from your main formation while an enemy reinforcement wave is coming at you. Simply click the cav then tell them all to move behind the oncoming enemy (on the minimap of course) so they charge toward the enemy reinforcements instead of chasing  harmless units behind your army.
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Lord Irontoe said:
    Does PoP have any Gekokujo-style polearms which you can swing and also couch like the Yari? I was playing a little bit of Gekokujo last week and I fell in love with the Jumonji Yari. That thing is the perfect horseback weapon

Or if not couching AND swinging, any polearm you can just swing on horseback?

I've seen one of the non-CKO knight units use one. I am not 100% sure but I think it was the emerald castle knight if I'm not mistaken? It was not a hafted blade but it looked like one. I'll let you know if I come across it again. Couldn't find anything in the official wiki...could have been a southern glaive or something like that?
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

thermocline said:
    1) No risk of making Kyros Dux the marshal. In fact, it will give him +5 relations, which will make it less likely that he defects. When I'm king I always like to declare new marshals as often as possible to boost relations with lords (unless I actually want to lead a campaign).

Cool, thanks. That clarifies it perfectly. I have high relations lots of empire lords so when I capture them it's pretty easy to recruit them. It seems almost unfair that I can steal so many of their good lords that way.

2) Putting more points on companions won't help. The "+X" comes only from your main PC's skill. 2 points gives +1, 5 +2, 8 +3, and 10 +4. So if you want 10+4 surgery, you have to invest 10 points with your main character. Further, in that case, it's pointless to have surgery on a companion since your main has it fully covered.

So if I have 10 on my main, and I don't have Ansen, I still get the +4?

3. I wouldn't even know how to spirit one by cheating. Once the modifier is gone it's gone, save for lame. And sometimes swayback can be wounded and then healed to normal but it's hard.

Reason I ask is because I primarily use the Spirited noldor spirit horse. Once in a while the horse gets crippled and I have to reload :smile: Damn Quigfen's horses are pretty useless except spirit horse/goldleaf horse, but he never gets re-stocked. I assume once I unlock Elacrai there are better horses in there?
    I desperately need a high manoeuver horse, like a steppe horse with decent armor and good modifier.

7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

few questions please:

1) I just captured Kyros Dux in my game and converted him to a vassal of my kingdom. I want to make him my marshal since Sir Alistair (my current marshal) has been gettin' his ass whooped and captured several times. Is this a bad idea considering Kyros just defected? Also, I don't have too many fiefs to give him quite yet, but I assume that doesn't matter too much for a marshal?

2) My surgery and first aid is currently at 10+1 (thanks to Ansen). If I keep pumping skill points into surgery/first aid through my OTHER companions, will this increase the +1 to +2 eventually? I've been trying like heck but it doesn't increase. Does it only increase if your OWN skill increases in these departments? It seems that for every 2 personal skill points, it will increase the modifier by 1, but it doesn't seem to work this way for companions. I thought these were "party skills"?

3) Is there a way to spirit a horse which has lost its "spirited" modifier? Without cheating of course.
  8. Which Order to establish?

I'm playing 3.6 but Koteg's are incredibly useful in sieges since they double up as archers. I believe they also use piercing weapons like the mace, which is great in sieges because they can actually swing their weapons in confined spaces and mass blobs, due to the short range of the mace.

Of course, all this depends on your play-style and how your campaign is going. If you need to win field battles then go with a cav based KO. If you need to conquer castles/towns KoteGs will get the job done.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
    Does anyone know why I can't capture Aeldarian?

I've trained 3 Noldor Armies and when I joined the battle he had 100% health. I am 34 relations with the Noldor.

Yet, at the end of the battle it doesn't even say he escaped. It's just the Jatu saying thanks and then the prisoner screen and then loot.

I have only my companions in my army. Do I need more men? Less relation? Any ideas?

I believe you need to be in negative relations with the Noldor to capture him.
  10. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

SCV Arius said:
    Logically, it would make sense for the sergeant troops to be easier to train and deploy, though that isn't reflected in the patrol parties. If you really want a steady flow, create multiple chapters of knighthood orders in a region, though that usually applies for factional knighthood orders only.

I'm talking about the KO troops that spawn inside the garrison, not the patrol parties patrolling the land. Some of my fiefs only spawn the sergeant troops like silvermist halbedier instead of silvermist ranger, or ebony hammer instead of ebony knight.
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Quick question - how come my towns/castles with KO chapters spawn the weaker troops in the garrison? For example, my fiefs with the Ebony gauntlet chapter produce ebony gauntlet hammer instead of knight. Shadow legion fiefs produce shadow legion marinus instead of centurion. Silvermist fiefs produce silvermist halbedier instead of ranger.

I've used up all my prestige and now I need to rely on garrison spawned troops, but they aren't producing the knight troops like they used to...what gives?
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Doing quests is so boring though...I wish there was another way.

Regarding my campaign, I think my low battlesize of only 71 is giving me an advantage. Basically I have a HUGE influence on battles so long as I stay alive and lance the enemy on horseback(I am VERY good as a horseman). For example I killed 900 strong wolfbode with only 300 troops.

This doesn't explain empire's lack of aggressiveness though. I'm thinking maybe it's the campaign AI being set to average. I searched all over and couldn't find exactly what effect this has, besides the player incurring tax penalties. Regardless, I'm not seeing Empire's doomstacks anywhere. Maybe they are just busy fighting Fiersdvain and will come after me full force soon :grin: We shall see.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

So I went with Pendor culture instead of empire.

So far, Empire aren't giving me too much trouble. I even took Singal from them. They aren't being very aggressive toward me, strangely. Makes me wonder what would've happened if I joined Ravenstern instead. As a super lancer + 10 tactics, I could destroy nearly anything in field battles.

Anyhow, I'm not very well versed in kingdom management though. I can't seem to amass troops for garrisons fast enough. I know you can send your quartermaster to recruit, but that's for castles only right? Even that doesn't seem to give you lots of troops quickly enough. Rescuing prisoners is still my main source of troops. Am I missing something? Should I recruit more from owned villages more?

14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Problem is I don't want to unite Pendor and end the game :smile:

My issue is that empire is too strong. They need a real opponent to balance things out. Fiersdvain will be subdued soon enough so I need to challenge empire. I could always join Fiersdvain but then I've spent half the game murdering them :grin:
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Thank you Bjuret. Do you think I should go for Pendor culture? The thing is, I've upgraded the Empire Immortals and Shadow Legion Centurions 3 tiers already, so they are absolutely deadly.

Empire owns most of the map. It used to be 50/50 between Empire and Fierdsvain, but Empire weakened them a lot. D'shar and Sarleon are wiped out (I am the RED color on the map). Ravenstern has only 1 town left. Surprisingly, empire hasn't besieged me or attacked me so far, I think they are somewhat scared of me for now....So, Pendor or empire culture?

FzKIvPR.jpg
Back
Top Bottom