Recent content by Asterix

1. Dev Blog 13/09/18

Thank you for the cultured and informed replies gentlemen.

And really I do not have a troll within, so I am a bit unhappy with myself for what I since re-read as being, honestly offensive.

Actually, probably I would admire the ardent fans who stick around against the odds of time and aging!

I had a very bad weekend to culminate a truly oppressive period, and vented when I realised how long the wait had been. (All I wanted to do is power up a polished, finished Bannerlord mayhaps)

Regarding the engine redevelopment, what is the true shelf life of an engine? Smaller gaming companies have a hard time redeveloping. I do have a concern that the game will be out of date at release given the delays, but I am reading much informed input and I find it positive and opinion altering, at least slightly.

Im pretty sure that most of the popular mods we will be reciving from the community in Bannerlord will not be total overhaul mods, but rather small mods like

-Sexy Dragonnights armor for female companions by RJibbers
    -Glowing Books that you can read!
    -Throwing knives that spawn a Vlandian Knight everytime it hits someone

Sadly this is the modern trend. I am still amazed what people like Venris (Steel Faith Overhaul) have done with cumbersome engines, but the era of great mods (which uniquely united Mount & Blade and TWC's communities) is now truly different.

I intend to be making:

- Nude Horses
    - Snarfing noises from your companions when you give orders
  2. Dev Blog 13/09/18

Ok, seriously, I was upset when I posted and it does come across as a troll. Don't bother pouring more salt on as I will self-exile, but with apologies.

Unapologetically, its nice for you guys to attack what is the tip of the iceberg of extremely frustrated fans.

"Can't wait for a video game" - if I couldn't I wouldn't have posted after what is half a decade of waiting.

Sincere apologies, I have in the past been a constructive member. I contributed to mods, making a lot of material (and audio) for the Last Days among other mods.

But, I can imagine after my previous posts the modern forum-lurker won't care and lash out again.

In summary, sorry to have caused offence (I cant claim a foul after having emotionally attacked a group): Goodbye.

[quote author="Taleworlds Forum"]
    Asterix,

You have received a warning for flaming and insulting other users and/or staff members in regards to the message:
    Re: Dev Blog 13/09/18.

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
    The Taleworlds Forum Team.
    [/quote]

I apologised. Life is hard, and when gaming companies don't deliver a potential crutch becomes another object of dissatisfaction. I am leaving.

You don't have to warn me further, I helped develop forum culture and moderator practice as a former TWC admin, you will have me out of your hair.
  3. Dev Blog 13/09/18

Well I wasn't trolling, and I got a lot of love from the community for an opinion. Thank you!

Putting down the opposition and different thinking is what you people are really good at!

Good luck on the release, may your grandchildren enjoy this updated engine.
  4. Dev Blog 13/09/18

Seriously guys, I hope my post does not get deleted by some [snip] admin. Its been much too long.... when a developer says "redeveloped an engine from scratch" and yet the map icons are the same, and the whole game looks only a mild departure, after feels like far-far-far-too-long of a development period, one thinks they are taking the piss.

The PR attitude you have taken, has all-but-disenfranchised you from a loyal and frenzied community.

Most of us don't play the same type of game anymore, many of us have stopped gaming due to families and jobs.

MB and Warband were iconic... but you have raised the stakes on Bannerlord beyond anything you can ever match. It really feels like a Warband upgrad that took a lifetime guys, honestly.

Although an "Indie" game, I believe the studio made a follow up for a max 2-3 year version upgrade, that would have still been state of the art and good!

Now, it feels like this belongs for 3.50 USD on Good Old Games.

Sorry, and I imagine I will be [snip] censored here, but just wanting to say something different from all of the [snip] people here.

Edith: Insults/Flaming snipped.
  5. Will Bannerlord be popular?

I feel like the development and updates are the longest of any game out there, and this in itself will lead to a twofold problem: 1) the engine and game will be antiquated and have stiffer competition by the time they are out, given that this is basically a graphical remake of the original this will be quite negatively impacting and 2) the wait itself will lead most fans to move on... I, who loved warband/mount and blade, contributed to two mods and played endlessly on it...  can't look at it anymore, the animations and game just feel old now - Bannerlord is getting too little previews and too little promotion around it, I am tired of waiting, especially since there is no foreseeable launch date in sight, and I am quite sure that it seems set for 2016 or so given the seemingly slow progress.
  6. Hello, module system 1.003?

Its all a conspiracy!

File Repository down and no module system!

7. [SoT] Suggestions

I think the character creation should be expanded... that is to say we should choose our faction from the beginning and shape the character accordingly...
  8. Archive: Bug Reports

Sorry if I am ignorant on this........

But has the map changed from previous versions which were essentially England? .......... Now its kind of a U shaped map with snowlands at bottom and lots of original town names kept from MandB vanilla .960???

Tell me if that is as supposed to be... I remember before the game had London and it had all of England and the vikings as well....

Is it or is it not a bug?
  9. Dead bodies stick around mod needed

Really... they dissapear too fast. They should clutter the battlefield with limbs strewn to the horizon. IMHO its one of biggest graphical points missing in the game.
  10. Minor Bug Report

Hi... great work but below are minor bugs I encounter: 1) Purchasing helmets in Nords towns is strange. You can click on the helmet you want and nothing... then on a random click it dissapears without reappering in your inventory... finally you figure out that on a random click, and exiting the...
  11. Mount&Blade Version 1.011 is ready

Congratulations Arma, family and talewords family :smile:

We have been with you the whole trip! Thanks for not putting a wall or a rep between us and yourselves and making this a real child of the community!

I really hope you take a well deserved vacation now!.... go to Antalya or Konya  :grin:
  12. Ability to hide

I agree with spotting modifier...

Basically an ambush feature should be possible as well..... where your group can ambush larger armies travelling a valey from both sides etc.

And of course...... be ambushed.

This would tremeandoulsy improve the game.
Back
Top Bottom