Recent content by artifex

1. Republic of New Zendar [PERSISTENT FACTION - RCC Server]

Ahem, I arrive out of the mists of Hades.

Phoenix, there wasn't a complete lore history written as to the Rise of the Bluvards back in the Dark Ages of New Zendar, but the Fighter's Guild led by Jazora was how the Bluvard House came to power as the guilds of New Zendar were the only ruling bodies before the Bluvards took control of the city. There was a lot of lore that was never recorded because most took place between conversations in private with Jazora and I and neither of us took the time to transfer it to the forums. In terms of the bank, the first ideas of a bank were created by Metalhead, and then I brought it into existence with Varik the II by editing the map to have a functioning bank in front of the castle.

Anyways, damn you, Karl. When I gave you free reign of the fate of the Bluvards I wasn't expecting you to have the House killed off. Whatever shall I do now. :razz:
  2. Port Royale - Pirate Themed map

Swadian Man at Arms said:
    Swadian Man at Arms said:
    I can fix the issues if you want.

Quoted... :roll:

Fixing the issues involve remaking the entire map, mate.
  3. NEW MAP: Islands of War

Splintert said:
    Boats as the main method of transport is never good.

I want everyone to learn from my mistake and take what Splintert said to heart. Boats as a main method of transport simply do not work. If you must know more: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,160670.0.html just read through that thread. I am telling you though, boats suck as a main form of transport.
  4. US_GK_PWMOD - Rules and Info

I'm just going to say this because I feel as if it needs to be said.

The LAST thing the PWMOD community needs is another server. I can understand the interest your fellow GK members may have in PWMOD, but they should continue to help populate other servers. At this current point the community is being spread out, the last time this happened there was a schism and the popularity of the mod and the community suddenly just went -POOF- and all the other servers died and then disappeared, and RCC was the only one left standing once more. However, the same thing is happening again and one server is going to take control inevitably in the future and the community does not need to be spread anymore.
  5. TS - test server - passworded

As far as I am aware I never updated P.R. to be updated with new features in the most recent PWMOD release and I don't know how you expect to use it unless I send you the .sco :razz: When I get a chance I'll PM it to you.
  6. Port Royale - Pirate Themed map

The map has already been made Citizen Kane. It didn't work for numerous reasons, the most prominent being the fact that PWMOD's player base is full of people who expect instant knowledge and understanding of anything and when they need to learn a new map they throw tantrums like two-year-olds.

I haven't bothered updating this map, and I probably won't finish my other map simply because of the fact that I don't have time to do so and honestly I don't think it's worth my time to make maps when the majority of the player-base is full of imbeciles.
  7. Banned a misconception - Alexian_Nox

Alexian_Nox said:
    The main 200-slot server, currently has 68 people. My name's the same there was it is here: Alexian_Nox

There are several 200-slot servers that are slowly becoming "main" servers.
  8. Swadian Role Play Server Launched! -Old Thread-

Suspicious Pilgrim hasn't even played the roleplay server, Blueberry. Besides that, SP (Czar) isn't a member of RCC any longer.

--

Anyways, I feel like the mod needs a general how to get started tutorial on the wiki, not a "new to roleplaying" or "sign up on the forums and register your character" type of tutorial, but how to actually play in game and get around. Perhaps job descriptions for some of the jobs? I recognized there were quite a few people asking what this job was and what that job was the other day.

I say congratulations on the release, but I feel as more work needs to be done on the mod. It feels bare-boned.
  9. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

DrDeath518 said:
    Ok I might be bugging you but.. I have to ask this. How about a system like crpg where your gold is linked to a website and you can go to a commoners chest ( or different one) to withdraw or deposit gold.you could make people register for the website to link their character like crpg. This would do away with any corruption that can occur  from admin banks , also free up the admins. It would also be a cool feature for PW I think. You could set account types and limits to them.  :grin: I would donate for the website also

No.
  10. Naval Clan - Poll

Aethelbert said:
    Port Royale was a good map for ships and slaving.

Well, that's good because that is what it was designed for! :razz:
  11. Night settings for map?

DrDeath518 said:
    xombie5 said:
    ehm, i think v4 has a prop for the weather settings - not too sure about fog , but you can cheat by placing teh river prop above the terrain - everything bellow it will have heavy "underwater" fog
    good idea, i got it foggy but i dont know how to change the light backround in the sky , like to a dawn or dusk setting, i will expierement a lil more who knows. Ty tho :grin:

Try pressing F2 when you're in a scene you're editing. It tells you how to do everything.
  12. [RECRUITING] The Noble House of Bluvard

(TWD)Tom said:
    awsome I didn't know I could do that, maybe tomarrow.

Alright, works for me.
  13. [RECRUITING] The Noble House of Bluvard

(TWD)Tom said:
    I want to see this house up more often, havent seen it on in a while, and I want to use my new commanding ablities.

If you want it up, put it up. You're a commander of the army.
  14. [Map In Progress] Falcon Bay - PW v4 (Alpha 5)

Citizen_Kane said:
    Whats up with all those ladders...? I also found it funny that a prisoner cage is right next to a church xD
    Other wise it looks nice

Which ladders? The ones at the gatehouse? Those are ladders you can build.
  15. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Vornne said:
    DrDeath518 said:
    what do you thikn about making commoners area captureable, so that the owner can collect althe gold from people buying thinks at the market and have it just go to their chest. I think this would be cool, they could battle over it instead of just castles also, there would be a reward for holding it. It would also make them protect the commoners form bandits ans such
    No. How many times do I have to say it? The commoners "faction" is very different to all the other factions, and would require a major redesign of the code to allow them to own castles - which would basically just be adding another castle faction, and removing the special default "non faction" that is necessary for many other things to work or make sense. If you want to play a "commoners faction" that owns castles or towns or whatever (which I think makes no sense: if they own stuff like that, they wouldn't be commoners any more, by definition) just take over a normal faction and call it whatever friendly sounding name you like, then play as the righteous upholders of the oppressed peasant people...

I think you missed what he was really trying to say, he did not mean areas that commoners owned, he meant areas that can start out as neutral areas and then later proceed to be captured (which essentially means they are commoner points because commoners are neutrals).
Back
Top Bottom