Recent content by arsenic_vengeur

1. arsenic_vengeur

The constant wars is taxing

In warband a kingdom would declare war to another to « curb its growing power » or something like that, which provides a nice balance.
  2. arsenic_vengeur

Arrow and weapon refill wagon flag in battle

+1 it would be nice also to have a wagon representing the loot, that the enemy could burn if you leave it unprotected. The raiding of enemy camp was a popular strategy in medieval and antiquity warfare.
  3. arsenic_vengeur

I'm slowly starting to hate the Vlandians

This can also happen in smaller battles with no reinforcements involved.

First you kill their charging units mostly infantry then you go to their range units positionned 50 meters behind and during that march you can lose many troops.

The worst is when your units chase fleeing infantry instead of dealing with remaining archers.
    The solution i found is to disrupt their shooting with cavalry charging or horse archers can also do that by luring fire on them. When you charge them even ifyou dont kill them they will stop shooting as they switch to melee, giving you infantry time to get closer.
  4. arsenic_vengeur

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

This came about in the 1.4.1 last hotfix. thats when i first saw it love it.
    It still doesnt work as intended unfortunately. A T4 troop will upgrade, but I you recruit a big pack of T1 recruits they will still upgrade very slowly one by one. It seems to be one guy upgrading from each category of troops.
  5. arsenic_vengeur

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Something changed with the XP with this patch. My units get 480 XP each during the night. The XP still seems to apply on a troop by troop basis, ignoring the number of troops in each group. For example out of my 68 imperial recruits, only one is ready for being promoted.

I have the "raise the meek" perk.
  6. arsenic_vengeur

Taleworlds, please fix the loot!

IMHO, loot should be:

1) slightly more likely to be good stuff that a player might equip on a per item basis.

2) less quantitatively per drop overall.
    This. Instead of a vast quantity of shirts selling 5 denars a piece, we should have money, it would save some clicks.
  7. arsenic_vengeur

Fix Escaping Prisoners and Random War Declaretion

I understand that they have to give the defeated lords a few free troops so they can recruit and not get beaten up by looters but at least make a timer so they have to wait a few days before they can start moving again, a simulation of this free recruiting and wounding recovering. Maybe around 10-15 days so that their defeat means something in the whole conflict.
    I have also noticed that the phase when the lords visits towns and villages to reach his army cap with fresh recruits is very fast, i see the AI recruit up to 15 recruits to each village so in a couple hours the army is built. Maybe there should be a system where constant recruitment depletes the village and makes it harder to recruit there for a while.
  8. arsenic_vengeur

How to do cavalry in 1.4.1

Thanks for your reply,

Honestly I was thinking of sticking my jav cav in a separate formation to use as support for heavy shock cavalry. Would you suggest vlandian cav as shock then? are vanguards any good? Sorry for the million questions but I'm trying to get an idea of what to do next.
    There is a guide around ranking the best units for each role. I didnt check myself but the guide ranks the vanguard as pretty bad. I use them sometimes from prisoners but i dont bother to recruit and train them. Best heavy cav is noble cav, i take any of these aserai imperial vlandian sturgian... check these druzinik cavalry they look pretty Rohirim to my standards :smile: if you have to start from scratch maybe vanguard and jhuzait lancer is the only and best choice. I personnally starts with archer heavy army and then recruit more and more noble cav from prisoners.
  9. arsenic_vengeur

How to do cavalry in 1.4.1

Get rid of theis Rohirrim idea imo, it won't get you far. The Rohirrim aesthetics looks a bit like Sturgia or Battania but these factions have the worst cav.

Javelin cavalry is very bad, it is a problem of tempo, because when you order your cav to charge you want them to do it ASAP, all together, in a mass. The jav cav will instead skirmish a bit and then charge 1 by 1 and die. The only way I would see them useful is with a lot of micro, having ONLY jav cav, not mixed with bow cavalry or shock cavalry and 1) have them attack the rear of enemy and send their hundreds of javs, 2) charge all together.
    For that I would go with Sturgian they have 2 jav cav in their roster instead of just 1 in the Battanian. The desert mercenaries also have some cool jav cav or jav camels.

You get cheap horses and warhorses in Khuzait territory, the southern most and the northern most area. Then you use the battle loot.
  10. arsenic_vengeur

Please make all wanderers spawn from start

Definitely would be a good idea I have found myself checking the heroes in the encyclopaedia at the start of a new game and restarting before to get a good mix of wanderers.
    Exactly... As I am a bit maniac, I want one good available comanion for each of the 4 jobs, as I intend to make my character more charisma oriented.

Another flaw in the companion system is that you never know if you will be able to make them improve. For example the vlandian "Of the hills" guy has 120 in scouting, but when you add 1 focus point it doesnt go from 120 to 150 but starts from the beginning, 0=>30, so you need to improve him 4 times to go over 120.
  11. arsenic_vengeur

Please make all wanderers spawn from start

At the start of a new game the available wanderers are generated randomly. It would be much better to spawn them all, and then let the player choose the wanderers he wants to play with. I have had a game with the best scout around, and now i am starting a new game the only scout around has...
  12. arsenic_vengeur

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Elefhteroi stats probably wrong

Hello , just my two cents here : The stats of units in the eleftheroi troop tree seem bugged. Tier 1/3/5 of the troop tree have same stats. The tier 5 guy should in the 180s if compared with other "specialized" troop tree like wolfskins or Ghulam for example. Or maybe it is just the tooltips...
  13. arsenic_vengeur

KURWA BlackTide's Clan

Good luck Tidden, but change your name, for the good reason that it is a **** name. It makes people believe that prostitution is a joke, while it is just an enjoyable aspect of life.
Back
Top Bottom