Recent content by Angry Newbie

1. Angry Newbie

Mount and Blade Napoleonic wars announced

poomtang said:
    Yup, easy Tiger, I read all that before it was removed, no point in making enemies or creating any bad feeling.

Yes,  :neutral: i apologise if i did hurt feelings, that was incredibly stupid.

Edit: I also read what he put wrong, apparently English isn't my first language either..
  2. Angry Newbie

An overall well done mod.

Vangar said:
    Regarding "cavemen" - I think most tribes look too primitive and deserve some kind of overhaul. For instance the Karkans: When I was visiting Mountaintop, I noticed that they prefer to run around there "naked" and prefer crude weapons made of sticks and stones. Additionally, they use huge natural caves. The latter is cool but I think the whole Karkan design is a bit too "stone-age". Considering that they probably sit on the biggest ore stash on the island and managed to settle in such harsh conditions should lead them probably to a stage of development where they develop basic or even advanced metalworking skills.

While i agree that they do feel a little too primitive, sitting on resources doesn't necessarily make them more advanced. Take the natives in the UP of my home state, Michigan. they had copper, they knew how to work copper, but they where not any more advanced then the natives around them.

While i want to keep the naked/loin-clothed skins we already have, i would like to branch out to trousers and advanced spears. The thing with that is, of course i don't want to conflict with crossbow joes vision.

We actually have all of the factions with a backround "historic" faction. Snakes are a hybrid of Mayan, Aztec and Incan culture for instance.
  3. Angry Newbie

News: Patch 1.393 release (Update 31/03/2012)

Vaskill said:
    Whenever I try and open the file it says "windows cannot open this file. would you like to choose something else to open with" I use 7zip by the way which is the same thing as Winzip I believe.

You might want to try WinRar, i use zipped files almost on a daily basis, and i've always had problems with 7zip. Winrar to this day does whatever i want it to do.
  4. Angry Newbie

Frederickson said:
    the funny truth is that they did and no one else so far has been.

You should learn to read before you say stupid **** like this.

They where not chosen for anything. They bought a license to use the engine.

nilloc93 said:
    I'm not saying they should not have but anyone who uses the reason "they have been working on it for over a year" is bull****
    MM is younger than many mods, what about CRPG? THAT is a DLC i would pay for.

I agree. Though personally i would rather have seen Brytenwalda as a DLC.
  5. Angry Newbie

BUG Reports v 1.393 (Read first page before post)

Just an FYI, modDB gave me an extremely nasty virus called S.M.A.R.T Hard drive scanner. Something akin to Windows Virus scanner 2011. It wasn't your download but an advert on the website.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,223106.0.html

This guy had the same issue with the site

6. Angry Newbie

Not Cool

Heimdallr said:
    I got a virus called "Smart HDD" while downloading this module.  Its trying to scare me into buying its software.

Thanks a lot

I suggest you scan your build and re upload it to a different host.

I had the same problem, it might be one of the websites you got it from.

BTW i got it from downloading Brytenwalda, and the download was clean. It might have been an advert on the site. **** happens, and there isn't much in the way that we can do to stop it, short of running virus-scans and download adblock and script-blocker.

Blaming it on the download is kind of naive. Do you honestly think that if it was the download you would be the first to report it?

To fix it you just system restore to a previous date.
  7. Angry Newbie

POLL: Want you a future Brytenwalda expansion? You Choose (Read before voting)

Fable said:
    man, this need to be britsh islands with scandinavia on same map
    this would be ******** awesome
    conquer the islands n shiping to kill the *********** vikings hahahh  :cool:

a moderator can give your opinion please?  :wink:

The problem with this is that its hard to make a big map because there is a set number of vertices.

If anybody can pull it off though its these guys. I voted Crusades but if an expansion is anything like Brytenwalda I'll play it. If they go the Scandinavian route, I hope they add all of the Scandinavian countries and not just Norway.
  8. Angry Newbie

That's fine, and good luck to them. I just hope they do something with it that hasn't been done before and do some wonderful things with the engine. If they do crazy things I will buy it.

I said it once already in this thread, good luck to them.
  9. Angry Newbie

Yup, i agree this is dumb, i don't want the thread locked though

-The Angriest of the Newbies
  10. Angry Newbie

La Haye Sainte, models, and buildings and maps.

Tajulek said:
    About making the maps, could anyone make a tutorial, about making them? I mean entry points, mod's own textures' names etc.

Theres a bunch of Tutorials in the Forge, Getting into map making is one of the easiest things in this game.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,139214.0.html

Here is one to get you started.

Edit^^^^ nordous tutorial is fantastic.
  11. Angry Newbie

Blobmania said:
    Ranting's fun, aye, but it helps when you have a valid point.

My point is that why should they be a DLC when so many mods deserve it so much more then them? With a good healthy mix that it has nothing to do with luck and I shouldn't be excited for them at all... Which is relevant to what you said.

Blobmania said:
    Do try and avoid *****ing about a mod that's been lucky enough to become an endorsed DLC, maybe try being happy for the dev team instead.

These are your points, correct?

In fact, im pretty sure that me refusing to give them my $$$ is a direct sign that I'm dissatisfied with the dev team, and that i don't think they are lucky at all, and that licensing thing wasn't there for giggles.

Whether other mod deams have done more work is irrelevant

No, its actually not. Your paying for something that you can get for free, which is a poor business model to begin with.

The NW team are incredibly talented, and have put a huge amount of work into this.

Maybe they have. This would be a wonderful counterpoint if i had stated that they did not put any work into it. Hell, they could have put as much work into adding the things that are in other mods. My point is that I'm not going to spend money on something i can get for free, especially when there are dev teams that are just as talented or even more so and that deserve it more, and as a person that can buy the DLC, my opinion matters. Even moreso that im not the only person that feels this way.

Why the **** would i buy something that i can get for free, and developed by somebody that isn't an *******?

I'm not a beta tester, so obviously i would know less about the game features then you. But from where I'm standing and what i read, they did virtually nothing to deserve my $$$.
    Who the hell are you to pass judgement.

Somebody that could potentially buy the DLC.

Without intending offence, I don't ever recall seeing your name on the credits of any mod,

No offense taken, though i have done things for New Elgante, Peloponnese wars, Sayed Uthmans dead mod, 1812 - 1815, 1085 AD(ritterdumbatz mod)..
  12. Angry Newbie

An overall well done mod.

We have more things planned, and snakes get cool things in the next update, not to mention a number of other things!
  13. Angry Newbie

Blobmania said:
    How on earth does the fact that other teams exist invalidate my point? My "point" still stands - Warband: NW is not a mod, any more than WFAS is a mod. I'm not saying other teams don't deserve credit, but at the end of the day the other teams aren't the ones with a retail product that's been under secret development for over a year. Do try and avoid *****ing about a mod that's been lucky enough to become an endorsed DLC, maybe try being happy for the dev team instead.

No, he is disputing the fact that you said they where working on it for a year. The thing is, that isn't a valid point at all. Many mods that are being worked on have been around a lot longer then M&M. I mean ffs, Rus: XIII Century is still being worked on.. What about The Deluge?

Just so we are clear he is desputing this:

blobmania said:
    They'd be paying for a DLC that's been under development for over a year

What are you going to do, buy a license to use the engine and slap the term "DLC" on your mod? I think thats what pissed me off the most. "Luck" has nothing to do with it. There are other mods and dev teams that deserve it way more then the M&M team. Before anybody pulls out the moronic "Your just whining because it used to be free". I would easily fork out 15$ for Brytenwalda and The Last Days.

Even then, everything that is "new" that affects Gameplay in their list. Has already been achieved by another mod. The only "new" things are aesthetical. Rockets and new game mode aside.

- Sapper/engineering units for all factions, capable of building fortifications and blowing them or other buildings up using their explosives.
    - Several new types of artillery and ammunition types, including shells, canister and even rockets.
    - Flags, trees, plants and water moving with the wind and new background sounds bring the world to life.
    -Parallax mapping for walls, rocks and other objects for even greater atmosphere/graphics.
    - New high-quality voice acting for all factions, both for male and female characters.
    - Crouching with a bayonet now allows you to brace it to kill an incoming horse.

The Deluge has done all of these, with the exception of rockets and female voice acting. Lol, i saw someone in the forum talking about "boat" battles, not ship battles, but boat. Which of course, has been done by the Deluge. Couching thing isn't done with muskets, but with pikes.

- Musicians, Ensigns and Officers give bonuses to nearby rankers.

The new morale system for succession.

That's 7 out of 13. The rest only approve aesthetic things. Lol, its like paying for a map pack for CoD, except the 4 out of the 7 maps have already been made by the community. I might buy it if it does some things to the game engine, but i seriously doubt it. It looks like they didn't even fix the annoying twirling fights that are in mod.

My "point" still stands - Warband: NW is not a mod, any more than WFAS is a mod.

And of course, the only thing that separates a mod and a game is the money involved in the making of both. So if they had not bought the licensing rights, they would still be a mod.

haha, luck. I haven't heard a single good thing about vince, so I'll be damned if i give anybody that has such a horrible reputation any of my money for a aesthetic DLC..

Ranting is fun.

And yes, i know that some of the things i said had nothing to do with you. It's the beauty of the rant.
  14. Angry Newbie

I don't think the development will stop anytime soon.
  15. Angry Newbie

Bugtracking - see first post

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
    Neither am I. I just see a custom map with burning house. Could you elaborate what's wrong?
    dIcEO.jpg

If you look at the river, you can see that the waves look like 3 foot blocky tidal waves, and the textures are messed up.

This picture above is what it looks like in the edit mode, there is obviously not supposed to be water there.

I restarted the map and that fixed it, but it was a nasty graphical bug that made my FPS plummet
Back
Top Bottom