Recent content by androsh

1. androsh

SP Native Custom Commander v1.396 for Warband 1.165+ (source code included)

This mod looks very promising, especially the function to allow your named NPCs to continue leading the battle.

I'm not entirely sure how Auto-loot and Auto-sell work, though. Could anyone clarify that for me, please?
  2. androsh

[S] Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!

flazard said:
    androsh said:
    Heyo, I've been trying to download the new awesome version, but alas, every time I click on the download icon, it offers me to download a file named "pike", that seems to be unusable. Am I doing something wrong?  :???:

just download it and rename it to pike.rar, worked for me.

That... worked. Holy crap, it worked! Thank you, flazard :smile:

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's some feedback:

- Had a battle with a Swadian noble. He had 80 dudes, I had 50. My army was 1/3 archers (some skirmishers, some crossbow men), the  rest was Rhodok infantry, ranging from basic pikemen and cleavermen to sergeants. I won, losing only 10 men  :twisted: I lined up my archers in front of the infantry, and made the latter charge at the last possible moment. Meanwhile, I assaulted the enemy's behind with mah two-handed axe and my Companions. It was glorious.

So far, I'm really liking the infantry-based gameplay, even though I'm used to fast-paced cavalry battles. It's pretty cool, making my guys form up in lines, and organize them according to the situation, and knowing that if I win it's because of good tactics, rather than telling my troops to CHARGE all the time.
  3. androsh

Heyo, I've been trying to download the new awesome version, but alas, every time I click on the download icon, it offers me to download a file named "pike", that seems to be unusable. Am I doing something wrong?  :???:
  4. androsh

[B]Warband minimod - Reworked Armors 1.6 [OSP]

Beautiful, beautiful work! You're improving the game's looks LDKsoldier, one armor set at a time :smile:
  5. androsh

Aeon221 said:
    So, key question since I don't see you mentioning them: are you using crossbowmen? While the mod is "infantry" focused, I generally consider the ranged guys to be a healthy part of a good breakfast, and keep them at 1/3rd of my troop composition.

I did get a ratio of crossbowmen like you suggest, but I can't comment on 'em as of now; I'm new to having xbow + infantry combo, so I'll have to test it out some more to say aye or nay :wink:

Aeon221 said:
    I'm also curious to find out whether you're using the skirmishers, and how handy you find them -- I particularly like them when fighting the various wandering bandit groups, as their large shields, high speed and ready supply of javs makes them a particularly good force for screening the main line.

I'm curious as well  :razz: I have like 5, but I need to find a way to keep track of 'em in battle, to see how they work. They look nifty.

Should I consider them infantry or archers?  :???:

Aeon221 said:
    But keeping in mind that you're fighting with loose organization, I think your casualty numbers are perfectly normal. I'd actually be extremely worried if you had said you were fighting and not losing anything!

Oh, good, I was getting worried.

Aeon221 said:
    /edit
    Oh and I see you found the macemen! I feel like they're probably my best idea ever, and I can almost certainly die happy having thought of them! Just be careful, as they are fragile as hell.
    /closeedit

They don't have shields, so agreed, very fragile. They remind me of berserker warriors.

Aeon221 said:
    Thanks for the report, and feel free to keep me posted on how things go. Be careful fighting those Mamelukes!

No problem. And Mamelukes? *shudder* Good God, not even with an army of 300 Sergeant Pikemen  :shock:
  6. androsh

Shimmmy said:
    Honestly, that's rather poor imput, not really related to this mod.

I'll let the mod maker to be the judge of that, I wrote it for his benefit :wink:

It's hard to tell what's part of the mod and what isn't, so I just wrote my observations.

---

Further testing revealed the following:

- Macemen destroy infantry. This is good. Nothing better than watching one of 'em one-shot an enemy  :twisted:
    - Waiting for the enemy to come at you is better than going after him with your infantry. Enemy units tend to come one at a time, and that's when they die to my wall of pikemen  :twisted:
  7. androsh

A'ight, I've been doing some testing with the following settings, playing as the Rhodoks.

- Wages: default
    - Leadership: 15 units per skill level
    - Food consumption - Less food consumption
    - Troop recruitment at villages: minimum friendship level to get large recruitment is 0 (to speed up getting a big infantry army)

Everything else is pretty much as default.

So far I've only played for an hour or two, and this is what I've noticed:

- The infantry travels very tightly in the battlefield, even without the "Stay closer" order. This is good :smile:
    - They all have appropriate weapon/armor/skill combos, or at least that's what I've seen so far.
    - Not sure if this is intentional or what, but I'm getting really close to getting a high level infantry troop, a Veteran Sargeant, if I remember correctly. In only two hours, that's kinda fast. I have 5 Cleavermen, 5 Pikemen, a dozen or so Infantry, and a Veteran Pikeman.
    - Having a big army means a lot of money to pay in wages, even for infantry. I'm considering tweaking the mod to reduce army wages.
    - Having a big infantry based army means, well, waiting a long time to clash against the enemy. I'd suggest bumping up the Athletics skill of all Infantry units by at least 1 point (I'd personally do it by 2) to make battles more exciting, so that the enemy and your troops meet sooner.
    - In battles against looters, mountain bandits, and deserters, my army did alright. And this was with slightly favorable odds. I'd basically have them charge or form a tight line, and I always end up losing a handful of Cleavermen or Pikemen, which is odd, since they should be tougher than the regular recruits.

That's all I can think of. I haven't fought cavalry yet, so I'll let you know when I do. If you have any questions, do let me know :smile:
  8. androsh

Aeon221 - Thanks for the suggestion and instructions, but I'll probably stick with doing both mods separately. Heck, while I wait for 81 units to be released, I might just try Pike and Blade. I've always wanted to try a Rhodok knight  :smile:
  9. androsh

I'm all for more unit diversity, especially for them Nords and Rhodoks, the proverbial last slice of bread in the bag. A simple mod that adds much needed anti-cavalry units is what we need, that's for sure. If only we also had spear bracing  :eek:

I haven't tried the mod yet, mainly because I want to first try the 81-new units one that should be updated soon. If you found a way to combine your mod with that one I would definitely try it right away.
  10. androsh

[S] 81 New Units

tobmic said:
    dzorro said:
    Is this mod compatible with patch 1.3 ?? after trying it on my system i get strange hickups. sometimes it looks like my system is frozen. Wait a while and it continues ?? I haven't tried it on previous version so i don't know if it was already present.

I will need to make a new version for the 1.3 Patch.
    I will release a new version probably this evening.

Good to read! I was waiting on exactly that before I create my new character :smile:

Say, tobmic, what version are we at for the mod? When do you think you'll be close to calling it a day and saying it's finished?
  11. androsh

Adorno said:
    androsh said:
    ... is this save game compatible?
    Yes it is.

Heh, I tried it out anyway before I got an answer :razz: Thanks anyhow.

The armors look even better in-game. A must have for anyone playing WB, really. Can't wait for other armors to be revamped  :eek:
  12. androsh

[S] 81 New Units

Mod looks really good!

Problem is, I need to start a new save file to play it. Also, the newest, small patch requires to start another new save file, even if you have the mod already :sad:

So I'm gonna wait a bit until the "new save file required" patches are out of the way, and then I'll download it and play for sure :smile:
  13. androsh

Good job, soldier :smile:

Here's question that I expect the answer to be "yes", but I wanna make sure just in case: is this save game compatible?
  14. androsh

B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

This mod is awesome - now battles feel realer (is that a word?)! From the horses' gallop to the drawing of my bow, everything sounds more solid and powerful.

Welll done, Checkmaty. Now I can't think of playing without your mod  :grin:

Checkmaty said:
    That happens when you try to use the sounds.txt meant for the original with Warband. You need to use the sounds.txt in the Warband folder of the package.

I'm guilty of having made that mistake, thanks for pointing that out  :oops:
  15. androsh

Goals in Warband?

Thank you all for the answers, that's what I was looking for. I'll let you know if I come up with more.
Back
Top Bottom